M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by ERK
Here’s my two cents worth. I was raised Catholic but since then nothing one way or the other.
Now about a month ago I had a thought so evil that I came to a realization. There has to be an evil spirit or devil to put such thoughts into an average fellow. Because of this I now know there must be a God.
You guys can argue all you want about stuff like heaven or hell but after this happened I know there is a greater power. The End! Edk
That is most understandable.

You suffer from the same delusion. What's a greater power? You two use the same definitions or like the warm and fuzzy that it gives you irrespective?

(BTW, you'll need to have a quiet chat with antlers about sentence structure - he provided one without a valid arguement and I had to edit it for him to strong man his arguement. Haven't heard from him since.)
Mauserand9 what a faker you are - the delusional hypocrite - constantly trying to invent some basis for your attacks. This is another fail.

To tell a person that what he says is understandable is a statement about analysis and comprehension - that the message makes some sense. That has nothing to do with definitions, a greater power, argument, support or denial of a position. How sick must you be to feel that your made up stuff can be a basis on which to attack others? That is bona fide delusion. Check your false spelling of argument and be careful about the sticky paper.

Meh...sharing someone else's delusion adds nothing to its significance or importance. Deflecting and avoidance are very telling however, and your modus operandi. You act like a noisy blind moth around an imaginary flame.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Sheister
I was raised as a cradle Catholic and continue to follow my faith and belief in God- but in my own fashion for reasons I won't go into here. I could list many times I have had the fortune of His intercessions when I was on the edge of disaster, or hubris, or despair but without personal history in my experiences it would be hard to relate. Also, unlike many religious , I tend to keep my relationship with God and Jesus personal and internal- seldom discussing it with anyone. There are many times I think that people think that evangelizing is the equivalent of faith and I strongly disagree. Some of the people I know who exhibit their faith the most loudly are some of the least trustworthy, least generous, and least Godly people I personally know. Hypocrisy is the term that comes to mind most often.

Another point that buoys my belief in God and his creation- I know a number of very good engineers who are of non religious backgrounds. Almost to a man, they all believe there has to be an intelligent being after studying their disciplines, the order of the universe, and life as we know it. The same sentence seems to come out when we discuss this- "the math of the universe is just too perfect to have been pure chance"... you don't have to believe in God to enjoy the beauty of the universe he has provided for us. But it should make you wonder at times where it all came from IMO.

I know several people who fancy themselves scientists, including my son in law- who I like a lot and respect. But when this subject comes up I have a simple question for anyone who questions the existence of God. If you believe in the Big Bang, or any other alternate version of the creation of the universe, where did all the matter come from for the Big Bang? or any other creative building blocks? In the beginning, how did it all start? Believing in God is a lot easier to explain than believing everything in the universe came from nothing.

You are confused - it's the god story that says everytbing came from nothing, courtesy of god magic. Where did a god came from?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Regardless of one's belief/disbelief here, there are very good examples of strong, honestly expressed intellect/knowledge/logic, versus the definite lack thereof, as antelope_sniper deftly draws out the picture of Riflehunter. Educative. Good work.

You should take that to heart and apply it to yourself, CCCC.
Accomplished - what other means would you assume I could use to arrive at that analysis and position? By the way, thanks for another demonstration of a baseless ad hom attack.

Accomplished? I don't believe you. You are still the same arrogant poster you have been all along.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Back to third grade reading comprehension for you….. Let me dumb it down for you…..try to follow closely….

Your doorbell rings and there is a package delivered….. you open it and find a small black sphere that some how plays Waltzing Matilda over and over again…. It won’t stop playing….you can’t turn it off….there are no switches, it just keeps on playing. You don’t know why or how does this….it just keeps on doing it.

You may conclude that this black sphere exists…..you do not know who sent it to you, but here it is, playing the tune over and over again…

You don’t know HOW it works, but you know THAT it works ….because it is sitting RIGHT THERE in front of you playing that song. You don’t even know WHY it works.

Further….if you really think hard, you realize that someone made it and then even sent it to you. Hmm…. Someone made something, knew you and sent it to you.

You might even say “Remarkable.”
Why are you acting so arrogant? Why are you so defensive? Why are you unable to offer a rationale argument without resorting to insults and ad homs.
Perhaps you are incapable of rational debate? Perhaps you resort to insults because that is all you are capable of?
I go with latter. Your pockets are empty and you have nothing rational to offer. You just don't have the abilty to deal with the issues being raised..
Try it. For instance, try to rationally explain why the God of the bible is said to create evil. Are you able?
You seem bent on revealing your hypocrisy regarding evidence and proof. There the person gave you a concrete example - clear and logical - about how a human can respond to a mysterious situation. It is not colored with assumptions or attacks.

That directness seems like an insult to you and your methods. You responded with a bunch of derogatory questions and statements to that poster. Most of what you said comes across as a deliberate ad hom slurring.
The above is analysis and comment based on hard evidence you have provided in that post - and you pretend to give advice about what another should explain?

In other words you are incapable of rational debate or dealing with the issues being raised..so you do another dummy spit and handwaving as a means of hiding your inadequacy.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One thing I have noticed DBT is that you and mauserand9mm always show up on Religion Threads.

You are both real Pussies, you contribute nothing here. You are both PATHETIC.

KB

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
One thing I have noticed DBT is that you and mauserand9mm always show up on Religion Threads.

You notice? Wow, aren't you observant. Now you just need to work on your manners, tolerance and decency.....and in case you haven't noticed, what with your power of observation, we are not the only one's to turn up and participate in religious threads.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Have you heard about irony? Look it up sometime. wink

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Our congregation is working right now, preparing for our Easter celebration tomorrow. Expecting lots of families and kids that don’t attend church regularly. Tomorrow will be a great day, and God will be in attendance!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

You notice? Wow, aren't you observant. Now you just need to work on your manners, tolerance and decency.....and in case you haven't noticed, what with your power of observation, we are not the only one's to turn up and participate in religious threads.

Piss off, you disgust me!

KB

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Piss off, you disgust me!

Killer, while you are looking up 'irony,' you may as well check out 'hypocrisy.' Then take a good look in the mirror.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Why is it the ones who are believers seem to be the rudest of the bunch here.? You would think the Christians would practice what they preach (pun intendent}.
Like I said, I think religion is a good thing for some people, it's the zealots I cannot stand, and the ones that look down at people that don't believe. I can only imagine how many non believers that are here that are afraid to post on this thread.

We came from somewhere, I firmly believe that it's so complex that our minds are not capable of ever knowing. However, I don't think wishing or hoping something is true will make it so. .02

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
He died on The Cross for my sins
Prove it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT]Its amusing that CCCC complains about ad homs and insults, which is the very essence of his own response.
Not laughter material. You really should learn the difference between the unlearned personal smears some post - seemingly due to frustrated ignorance - and the logical, objective content-based critiques of posts and the ostensible reasoning. You know - the objective evidence-based critiques that cause your ilk to itch and chafe, right after you dash at the flame. If you learn that, it may help you be a better person - or, at least, a better poster.

Now, once again, maybe post the real reason(s) that your type come to get stuck on the glue paper strip?

There you go again, desperatley trying to turn the tables, playing a rightous man, the tragic victim even while being the aggressor, hurling insults even while complaining about what you reap.

You do precisely what you accuse your opponents of.
Hey Mr. Frustration - I'm not righteous - in the least. I added some more factual info about Riflehunter's stuff to that post - maybe go read it again.

It may help you understand the key differences between what you read and what you imagine - the realty of objectivity versus the fantasy on which you base your attacks. You undermine yourself and then try to sling insults as you drop into the pit of self-delusion. Try to get a hold on something solid.

Just face the facts; nobody knows how or why the BB happened, whether there was a before (a beginning to time), what set it off, whether it is cyclic, a part of a multiverse or something yet unimagined.

The fact is we don't know.

We don't know therefore there must be a creator is neither a sound argument or a justified belief.

It is you and your crew who are claiming to know.

You claim to know because you have read it in the bible, a set of books written in ancient times when people had no idea of the scope and scale of the universe when compared to what current science has discovered, so had no real understanding of how vast the universe is.

You don't know, but pretend that you do.

You do that for a number of reasons: to provide comfort and meaning, the promise of eternal life, reunion with loved ones, etc, understandable but unsupported by evidence.....which is where faith comes into play.

Nope..... If I am presented with something that is clearly artfully and skillfully crafted, I may not HOW it was crafted, but I will know THAT it was crafted.

You are just trying to re-package the "something from nothing" baloney.

You know no such thing.

You can't seem to able to tell the difference between faith and its assumption of truth and actual knowledge.

Plus you keep invoking the strawman 'something from nothing' no matter how many time it's pointed out that I made no such claim.

Instead of making your own special rules, read what is said before responding emotionally.

Back to third grade reading comprehension for you…..

Let me dumb it down for you…..try to follow closely….

Your doorbell rings and there is a package delivered….. you open it and find a small black sphere that some how plays Waltzing Matilda over and over again…. It won’t stop playing….you can’t turn it off….there are no switches, it just keeps on playing. You don’t know why or how does this….it just keeps on doing it.

You may conclude that this black sphere exists…..you do not know who sent it to you, but here it is, playing the tune over and over again…

You don’t know HOW it works, but you know THAT it works ….because it is sitting RIGHT THERE in front of you playing that song. You don’t even know WHY it works.

Further….if you really think hard, you realize that someone made it and then even sent it to you. Hmm…. Someone made something, knew you and sent it to you.

You might even say “Remarkable.”

Seems you are again in full retreat…. Can’t back up your allegations….unable to participate in any sort of rational discussion.

Sorry you missed the point, guess I couldn’t dumb it down enough for you to either understand or offer any sort of thoughtful reply.

Meh…

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Seems you are again in full retreat…. Can’t back up your allegations….unable to participate in any sort of rational discussion.

Sorry you missed the point, guess I couldn’t dumb it down enough for you to either understand or offer any sort of thoughtful reply.

Meh…

You didn't "dumb it down", you created a straw man.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We hear it over and over and over and over again from the same old skeptics here with an agenda, “The Gospels can’t be accurate because they were written so long after Jesus.”

That’s no different than saying, “Nobody today can write accurately about the presidency of Ronald Reagan because it happened so long ago.”

Those two statements are literally the same.

The Gospel of Mark (for example) was written closer to Jesus’ time than we are to the time of Reagan’s presidency.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by antlers
We hear it over and over and over and over again from the same old skeptics here with an agenda,
No agenda here whatsoever, this is my first religious thread I've ever posted on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
We hear it over and over and over and over again from the same old skeptics here with an agenda,
No agenda here whatsoever, this is my first religious thread I've ever posted on.
Not directed at you sir. Sorry if you thought it was.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We hear it over and over and over and over again from the same old skeptics here with an agenda, “The Gospels can’t be accurate because they were written so long after Jesus.”

That’s no different than saying, “Nobody today can write accurately about the presidency of Ronald Reagan because it happened so long ago.”

Those two statements are literally the same.

The Gospel of Mark (for example) was written closer to Jesus’ time than we are to the time of Reagan’s presidency.

I don't recall the "Mark" including foot notes and a bibliography.

Heck, the text doesn't even include the authors name.

To say a modern historical work on Reagan, who only died 20 years ago is equivalent to Mark is not justified.

Heck, Mark doesn't even meet the standards of historical texts of the time.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/22/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
No worries.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Do you Believe In God?

Does God Believe in me?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 48 of 64 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,513
Posts18,472,386
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.