Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
The amount of total currency in circulation in the world is probably impossible to verify, but from what I've read, There is roughly $35- $40 Trillion dollars in circulation globally. This is definitely up for debate.
BlackRock manages $10 Trillion in assets, Vanguard, $7.6 Trillion, so between 40%-50% of all of the world's money is allocated into investments by them.
They are in the top 3 largest investors in every stock on the S&P 500, 84% of these stocks they are the largest single investor. They are also the largest investors in each other stock. After a lot of rainy day online research (some of which probably has me on multiple watch lists if I wasn't on them before) It's near impossible to tell who has the largest amounts of personal or family wealth invested in these funds. Layer after layer covering tracks. It would be nice to know, but either way, the next time you wonder who actually sets the course this entire world is on, wonder no more.

Do a quick google search of almost any known company of who the majority share holder is, and one of the two pop up.
Pretty interesting chart I ran across www.blackrockvanguardwatch.com

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/23/24.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Is there a difference between currency in circulation and asset values? For example, we have IRA investments, checking accounts, etc and we own our home. I wouldn't consider our home to be currency in circulation, but I haven't looked at the definitions. We try to avoid Blackrock and Vanguard investments.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Blackrock got pretty upset at the state of Texas for pulling out $8.3 billion of their public investment money due to Blackrock’s position on ESG entities and for Blackrock being anti petroleum.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by logger
Is there a difference between currency in circulation and asset values? For example, we have IRA investments, checking accounts, etc and we own our home. I wouldn't consider our home to be currency in circulation, but I haven't looked at the definitions. We try to avoid Blackrock and Vanguard investments.

Currency in circulation is the actual cash.. paper and coins that's been issued. So no, your and my house isn't included.

I was in Blackrock with my .GOV TSP (401K) and made a bunch of money.

I'm now out of BlackRock as of 20 JAN and am in Vanguard, making money.

Biggest complaint with BlackRock was some of their ESG investments and the fact that as you draw down the TSP, they take it across the board, rather than let you specify what funds. Their fees were also slightly higher. Vanguard also have more investment options.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Vanguard also is influencing corporations with their ESG demands,

maybe not as much as Blackrock.

Lately there has been a bit of pushback with these 2 houses as the ESG effort does not equal good fiduciary measures.

People are starting to wake up.

I still have a few $$$$ in Vanguard as my IRA account is funded there and I have not taken the time or effort to change it. From time to time I drain it.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Blackrock pulled a proxy play on Exxon Mobil to get it out of the oil business. Crashed the stock enough for folks to make fortune when reality popped it back to the surface. These conniving finance apes can destroy a Cabella's. Reality's a little tougher.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
100 plus years ago they called them monopolies.

And that's the last time they were brought up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The amount of total currency in circulation in the world is probably impossible to verify, but from what I've read, There is roughly $35- $40 Trillion dollars in circulation globally. This is definitely up for debate.
BlackRock manages $10 Trillion in assets, Vanguard, $7.6 Trillion, so between 40%-50% of all of the world's money is allocated into investments by them.

Yes, but I am not sure why you would introduce currency into this. The value of world wide institutional assets is closer to 500 trillion; still no small feat that those two manage nearly 10% of these. They are behemoths.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Yes, but I am not sure why you would introduce currency into this. The value of world wide institutional assets is closer to 500 trillion; still no small feat that those two manage nearly 10% of these. They are behemoths.
Thanks for posting that, puts it into a more accurate perspective for sure. I was having trouble finding much at all in the way of accurate amounts. I was mistaking currency in circulation for the amount available to invest.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,877 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.