S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fishnnut1
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
How can he purchase a gun here in the US?

They can’t, Legally.

They’ll just break into law abiding Citizen’s homes & vehicles, and steal them, like all the Negros in Chitcago do. 😡
So the gun was stolen and not registered to him and he still walked away because he is a good guy as per the article. He’s a criminal just in the fact he is here illegally and has a gun illegally. So on form4473, if you check the box that says non citizen, you don’t get declined on the sale? What about background check. This just don’t make any sense to me but there again not a lot does anymore in the country.

The only problem in all of that related to the firearm is the stolen part, but that problem is no different than any other stolen item.

All of the rest of it are 2A infringements and should never have existed.

GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

They can’t, Legally.

They’ll just break into law abiding Citizen’s homes & vehicles, and steal them, like all the Negros in Chitcago do. 😡
So the gun was stolen and not registered to him and he still walked away because he is a good guy as per the article. He’s a criminal just in the fact he is here illegally and has a gun illegally. So on form4473, if you check the box that says non citizen, you don’t get declined on the sale? What about background check. This just don’t make any sense to me but there again not a lot does anymore in the country.
Have you never purchased a firearm (or had one gifted to you) without completing a 4473?????? Or a background check?????

Many of us have. No crime is committed by doing so.

People still place guns in classified ads, Craigslist, etc. Or even walk around at a gunshow carrying the firearm.

I do not have a "registered" gun in my house. About 1/2 do not have a 4473 in my name.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I agree.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Hi
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

They can’t, Legally.

Have you never purchased a firearm (or had one gifted to you) without completing a 4473?????? Or a background check?????

People still place guns in classified ads, Craigslist, etc. Or even walk around at a gunshow carrying the firearm.

I do not have a "registered" gun in my house. About 1/2 do not have a 4473 in my name.
I see your point.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Since these foreign Nationals are entering our Country illegally (no matter what Liberals/Biden administration say), they cannot legally buy guns (felons can’t buy guns legally). The fact that Illinois is arming them, and I believe it’s Commiefornia that is making them Cops, it just shows that American Taxpayers are directly in the crosshairs of these LIEberal, globalist TURDS!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
J
https://www.foxbangor.com/news/loca...a540a28-e89a-11ee-9bc7-e739a0798b92.html

Any guesses? I heard he stole gun, but unconfirmed. Searches for "Brewer Maine Shooting" mostly result in Waterville mass shooter.

Keep your powder dry.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TomT
Since these foreign Nationals are entering our Country illegally (no matter what Liberals/Biden administration say), they cannot legally buy guns (felons can’t buy guns legally). The fact that Illinois is arming them, and I believe it’s Commiefornia that is making them Cops, it just shows that American Taxpayers are directly in the crosshairs of these LIEberal, globalist TURDS!

I missed where Illinois is arming them. Can you link to that?

Or are you meaning you oppose recognition of the 2A?

The illegally entering(basically trespassing) is a problem, recognition of the 2A is not.

The making them cops and arming them has at least nothing to do with the 2A and is really 180° opposite of the 2A as is the case with creating and arming any le/mil regardless of where they are from.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am WAY pro 2nd Amendement (and I know it doesn’t differentiate between citizens and foreigners), but it’s MY belief that the Constitution should only apply to US CITIZENS. On what sane planet should foreign Nationals (green card or not) be allowed to buy/possess/carry firearms. Remember wwI, wwII, Korea, Vietnam, 9/11…… who other than an idiot would hand the knife to have their own neck slit? Apparently, America 2024!

Random articles, pick your poison:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...ight-to-own-guns-judge-rules/ar-BB1kal26

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ju...grenade-crime-fight-former-federal-agent

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/new-la...ts-want-become-police-officers-rcna93493

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

They can’t, Legally.

So are you saying you're all for illegals having guns??

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TomT
I am WAY pro 2nd Amendement (and I know it doesn’t differentiate between citizens and foreigners), but it’s MY belief that the Constitution should only apply to US CITIZENS. On what sane planet should foreign Nationals (green card or not) be allowed to buy/possess/carry firearms. Remember wwI, wwII, Korea, Vietnam, 9/11…… who other than an idiot would hand the knife to have their own neck slit? Apparently, America 2024!

Random articles, pick your poison:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...ight-to-own-guns-judge-rules/ar-BB1kal26

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ju...grenade-crime-fight-former-federal-agent

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/new-la...ts-want-become-police-officers-rcna93493

So tell us about all the people you perceived as being illegal aliens you have kidnapped, raped, tortured, enslaved, murdered, or anything else imaginable since someone claimed to be an illegal alien has no rights?

A former federal agent opposes the case acknowledging the 2A as a right? Wow that is a shocker!! How many federal agencies openly oppose the 2A as a right whether someone has US citizenship or not?

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt

They can’t, Legally.

I am for acknowledging the 2A as a right and do not support politicians using crime to justify their whims of violating the 2A as a right.

If my options are

A) illegal aliens everywhere and the 2A is a right.

B) illegal aliens everywhere and the 2A is NOT a right, just some .gov privelege that can be extended or revoked on a whim

I will go with "A" every day and twice on Sunday.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

They can’t, Legally.

I am saying that I fully support the US Constitution as written, until it is amended by the legal processes set forth to do so. And then I will support the amended version.

We can not pick and choose which clauses and subparts to support, or which days on which to support them.

Until it is amended, the Bill of Rights applies to all within our borders. That included the 2'nd.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
J
I am saying that I fully support the US Constitution as written, until it is amended by the legal processes set forth to do so. And then I will support the amended version.

We can not pick and choose which clauses and subparts to support, or which days on which to support them.

Until it is amended, the Bill of Rights applies to all within our borders. That included the 2'nd.[/quote]

I agree. And it should apply to all american citizens, gov offals, military, and anyone in their detention wherever they are in the world or off it.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

They can’t, Legally.

Until it is amended, the Bill of Rights applies to all within our borders. That included the 2'nd.

Just because they're in our country illegally, that does not mean they have rights under our Constitution defined for CITIZENS.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Show me where the rights identified (not granted) in our constitution are reserved to citizens.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
That sounds like a favorable ruling for the right to bear arms. The 2nd doesn't mention citizenship status. And if he can carry so can we.

The question is why don't we haul an illegal back to the closest place on the border a evict them.
The right, is the right of the people. This is interpreted to mean the right of the citizens of the USA.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Show me where the rights identified (not granted) in our constitution are reserved to citizens.

Felons aren't allowed to possess firearms. Period. End of bullschit conversation.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
this article seems to present the most cogent analysis of the question I have seen.
https://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1302&context=facpub

According to these folks, the right to vote and hold office, along with the rights of entry and abode are the only 'rights' granted only to US Citizens.
Now bear in mind that even if you have 'rights', your status with regards to current law does offer more curbs. If you are adjudicated a felon, that lets you out of a lot of things, but the basics, speech, association, due process and others are not affected.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Felons aren't allowed to possess firearms. Period. End of bullschit conversation.
I have a feeling that, post Bruen, we are about to find out if those kind of laws will stand scrutiny.

Were there historical analogs when the Constitution was adopted, or was a person who had served their sentence seen as having been punished thoroughly?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I have a feeling that, post Bruen, we are about to find out if those kind of laws will stand scrutiny.

Were there historical analogs when the Constitution was adopted, or was a person who had served their sentence seen as having been punished thoroughly?

The illegals, NGO's, globalists, and communists are laughing at us.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,506
Posts18,472,309
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.