Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TomT
re: firearm restrictions. Only for NON citizens and violent felons, and my viewpoint isn't from the perspective of: "they should not have a right to self protection". It's from the perspective of: we are the United States, if we go to war with ANY other country, we have tens or more lightly hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals within our borders, armed. That sounds like a dumb ass idea to me. I might add that watching 2 skyscrapers fall up close and personal 23 years ago made more AMERICA FIRST than most. YMMV

You already mentioned other countries and they oppose their own citizens being armed which is very much inline with what the crowd in New York City vote for.

So...

How are police going to know if someone is a citizen and allowed to be armed?

How will a citizen have to prove it?

What arms do you want prohibited for non le US citizens?

Where do you want non le US citizens prohibited from possessing arms?

And a really good question, how was this guy armed prior to the ruling?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I still ask how he got the gun? I also would ask all the pro illegal folks on why they are trying to take American 2nd away but illegals are are OK?

I agree, Joel. But it's almost like that's a rhetorical question these days, or in jest.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I still ask how he got the gun? I also would ask all the pro illegal folks on why they are trying to take American 2nd away but illegals are are OK?

I agree, Joel. But it's almost like that's a rhetorical question these days, or in jest.
It's not in jest, we know why Americans are targeted. This guy broke the law by being in this country and obtained a firearm. How? Why wasn't that in question?

Alot of questions on the double standards in this

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

It's not in jest, we know why Americans are targeted. This guy broke the law by being in this country and obtained a firearm. How? Why wasn't that in question?

Alot of questions on the double standards in this

I understand you didn't propose the question in jest. I'm saying that is how it is often viewed or interpreted.

And, I agree. Why wasn't the fact that the guy was in the country illegally to begin with questioned and how did he source the weapon???!!!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Things are fixing to get rowdy in this country. Everybody is going to need guns and lots of ammo and a strong will to hold on to your weapons.

Some of the border crossers are ending up in urban environments where tensions are already ramping up due to the vanguard of Hispanics already there and now their numbers are being augmented by new arrivals putting the squeeze on the black ghettos. Blacks already don't much like having been pushed out of second place by Latin Americans so that could easily get more violent.

Those of us out in rural areas could be targeted for home invasions and auto theft by newly arrived dreamers. I could see 8 or 10 dreamers doing recon an picking out a relatively isolated house to pillage.

If 2020 is any gauge we will soon have the Democratic shock troops rioting and looting which could easily degenerate into a complete breakdown of civil order.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In a quick search, I didn't find any free record that might say how he got the pistol. All possibilities I saw said "Buy from Pacer."

I did find the pistol description.

HERIBERTO CARBAJAL-FLORE S,
defendant herein, knowing that he was an alien illegally and unlawfully in the United
States, did knowingly possess, in and affecting interstate and foreign commerce, a
firearm, namely, a loaded Raven Arms MP-25 .25 caliber semi-automatic pistol
bearing serial number 649179, which firearm had travelled in interstate commerce
prior to defendant's possession of the firearm;
In violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 922(g)(5)(A).

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilnd.389849/gov.uscourts.ilnd.389849.1.0.pdf

Bruce

Last edited by bcp; 03/23/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JD45
Some people may think you can hop off a boat and move to New Zealand. Maybe some of our communist politicians should read all of their requirements.

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passport...zenship/requirements-for-nz-citizenship/
Had friends that moved there in the 70's.

Didn't make it more than a couple of years. Missed home as I recall.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Interstate commerce" is how they claim control of everything. They say that virtually EVERYTHING "affects interstate commerce", therefore, they have the power to regulate it.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Show me where the rights identified (not granted) in our constitution are reserved to citizens.

Felons aren't allowed to possess firearms. Period. End of bullschit conversation.
Was the man in question a convicted felon?

Was the gun stolen? As some want to claim?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Show me where the rights identified (not granted) in our constitution are reserved to citizens.

Felons aren't allowed to possess firearms. Period. End of bullschit conversation.
I have a feeling that, post Bruen, we are about to find out if those kind of laws will stand scrutiny.

Were there historical analogs when the Constitution was adopted, or was a person who had served their sentence seen as having been punished thoroughly?

Uh oh

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/convi...4c043fc-e2d4-11ee-9b6a-b32c91eed864.html

It would be real nice if they would overturn the bull schitt denial of rights after a misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence.

Not that I have any use for men who smack women or kids around. They are the lowest of lowlife. Slightly above pedophiles. But still, it is a misdemeanor.

And a clarification on my opinion of illegal aliens: They SHOULD be kept out. And any who slip through the cracks SHOULD be put out.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

I have a feeling that, post Bruen, we are about to find out if those kind of laws will stand scrutiny.

Were there historical analogs when the Constitution was adopted, or was a person who had served their sentence seen as having been punished thoroughly?

Uh oh

It would be real nice if they would overturn the bull schitt denial of rights after a misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence.

Not that I have any use for men who smack women or kids around. They are the lowest of lowlife. Slightly above pedophiles. But still, it is a misdemeanor.

And a clarification on my opinion of illegal aliens: They SHOULD be kept out. And any who slip through the cracks SHOULD be put out.

Exactly.

I do think many of those stating agitation about this court decision have less concern about illegal aliens than they do about the 2A as a recognized right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My stance is that the only rights that someone sneaking in (or boldly coming) into this country has, in violation of the law, is to be exported as quickly as possible. Instead of being put in prison or possibly executed. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
My stance is that the only rights that someone sneaking in (or boldly coming) into this country has, in violation of the law, is to be exported as quickly as possible. Instead of being put in prison or possibly executed. miles
They seem to have more rights than citizens lately, so deportation won't happen

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
They seem to have more rights than citizens lately, so deportation won't happen
You right they do seem to have more rights than citizens, the majority of them are here to stay and more on the way.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Has anything been mentioned that 2A rights aren't recognized for US citizens?

That has historically been the case with less agitation than this case has produced.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is always brought up that this is considered a God Given Right, and the Bill Of Rights just confirms it. If this be true, then this right is world wide, and they can celebrate it in their home country. It is also brought up a lot, by people, that by their own admission, don't believe in God. Same people that always want Sunday and Christmas off from work. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Maine's Constitution states:

"Every citizen has the right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned."

This pre-dates any fedral gun laws as it was approved by Congress in 1820. To my mind this maintains the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States' relenquishment of power to the State, and nullifies any State law abhorrent to the Maine Constitution.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Uh oh

I am a firm believer anyone who is let out of prison should have all their rights restored. If they are too dangerous to have a gun in there hand after serving a sentence, why did you let them out?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smallfry

Uh oh

I am a firm believer anyone who is let out of prison should have all their rights restored. If they are too dangerous to have a gun in there hand after serving a sentence, why did you let them out?
In theory, I agree with you but in reality how many return to the system ? Our court and corrections system is a joke.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,696
Posts18,475,180
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.