-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Trump managed to squeak by the competition. Got 89.77% of the Republican vote. My guess is that most of that 10% that didn't vote for him won't vote for Biden in November. And the white Democrats in Louisiana will likely go 80% for Trump. Likewise 80% of the no party independents.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thanks. I still think that "Independents" are repentant democrats.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Trump managed to squeak by the competition. Got 89.77% of the Republican vote. My guess is that most of that 10% that didn't vote for him won't vote for Biden in November. And the white Democrats in Louisiana will likely go 80% for Trump. Likewise 80% of the no party independents.

Those who didn't vote for him are just as likely to not vote for him in the general too.

Trump inspires people to vote. Some for him, and some against him.

I don't share your optimism that the ones who voted against him in the primary will come around and support him the general. They would cut their noses off to spite their faces.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I knew Trump would carry Louisiana it's all Trump in my area with the whites, it's mixed with blacks

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I believe Trump inspires people to vote for him, but I don’t believe it is Trump himself that inspires people to not vote for him. That inspiration comes from the lies and propaganda from The MSM, Hollywood, the censors on Social Media and most important The GOP and the Republican Leadership.

Last edited by steve4102; 03/24/24.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
I have on several occasions thought about changing my registration to Republican but our Louisiana Republican party can come up with some terrible candidates such as Governor Bobby Jindal, Governor Mike Foster, U.S. Senator David Vitter, and worst of all our present U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy. Our present governor Republican Jeff Landry may turn out ok. And our former Democrat Populist turned Republican U.S. Senator John Kennedy is a good man.

For now I'll just stay behind enemy lines. When I registered in 1972 almost all our state and local elections were decided in the Democrat primary. There were almost no Republicans in the state.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have on several occasions thought about changing my registration to Republican but our Louisiana Republican party can come up with some terrible candidates such as Governor Bobby Jindal, Governor Mike Foster, U.S. Senator David Vitter, and worst of all our present U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy. Our present governor Republican Jeff Landry may turn out ok. And our former Democrat Populist turned Republican U.S. Senator John Kennedy is a good man.

For now I'll just stay behind enemy lines. When I registered in 1972 almost all our state and local elections were decided in the Democrat primary. There were almost no Republicans in the state.
If you change to a Republican you can help counter that by voting in the Republican Primary. IMO that would be the only reason to register in the first place.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
I believe Trump inspires people to vote for him, but I don’t believe it is Trump himself that inspires people to not vote for him. That inspiration comes from the lies and propaganda from The MSM, Hollywood, the censors on Social Media and most important The GOP and the Republican Leadership.
Yeah, I believe that too, some people addicted to those TV's believe all what they are hearing on those news channels.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riverc
Yeah, I believe that too, some people addicted to those TV's believe all what they are hearing on those news channels.
Right, my wife has a gay nephew that is rabidly anti Trump because of Trump's racism and "homophobia", but I have never heard Trump say a bad word about either. He may have been a bit boorish with his women but haven't we all on occasion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Since legal voting age I have been a registered democrat, independent, republican....2-weeks ago being disgusted with the republican party of today decided to go NPA for now.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Since legal voting age I have been a registered democrat, independent, republican....2-weeks ago being disgusted with the republican party of today decided to go NPA for now.
Now you can’t shut down the RINOS in the Republican Primaries. Why would you limit yourself like that

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Now you can’t shut down the RINOS in the Republican Primaries. Why would you limit yourself like that
Don't care at this point if Trump wins the election things get better within the party might reconsider. That's all I got to say about it

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Don't care at this point if Trump wins the election things get better within the party might reconsider. That's all I got to say about it
What about local primaries. It has been pointed out here many time, “We need to Primary out the RINOS”, can’t do that if ya can’t vote in the primaries.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What about local primaries. It has been pointed out here many time, “We need to Primary out the RINOS”, can’t do that if ya can’t vote in the primaries.
Like I said Steve I might reconsider down the road, I'm pissed right now and don't want nothing to do with any party at this time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Like I said Steve I might reconsider down the road, I'm pissed right now and don't want nothing to do with any party at this time.
I hear ya, but even though I hate The Republican Party Leadership, I still find it important to vote against the Leadership Endorsed candidates in the primary. Will it do any good, prolly not, but it’s the only tool available to us at this time.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Since 1975 Louisiana has had open primaries in which all candidates of whatever party get to compete and all voters of whatever party get to vote. The only exception that I know of is the presidential primary in which you are restricted to your party and as a consequence No Party and Independents don't get to vote.

There was a move in the legislature this year to change at least some of that because we were ending up with the right and left wing fringe candidates ending up as the only choice in the general election. That is how we one time ended up with David Duke and Edwin Edwards in a runoff for governor in the general election. A sensible Democrat would get pushed out almost every time by a left wing black candidate thereby ensuring a Republican victory. There were exceptions. Kathleen Blanco and John Bel Edwards were elected by pulling in a fair amount of Republican leaning vote and that can be blamed on the sorry excuses for the Republicans they beat. As in Bobby Jindal and David Vitter.

If we can get a closed primary I'll change to Republican to vote against U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy who voted to convict Trump.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since 1975 Louisiana has had open primaries in which all candidates of whatever party get to compete and all voters of whatever party get to vote. The only exception that I know of is the presidential primary in which you are restricted to your party and as a consequence No Party and Independents don't get to vote.

There was a move in the legislature this year to change at least some of that because we were ending up with the right and left wing fringe candidates ending up as the only choice in the general election. That is how we one time ended up with David Duke and Edwin Edwards in a runoff for governor in the general election. A sensible Democrat would get pushed out almost every time by a left wing black candidate thereby ensuring a Republican victory. There were exceptions. Kathleen Blanco and John Bel Edwards were elected by pulling in a fair amount of Republican leaning vote and that can be blamed on the sorry excuses for the Republicans they beat. As in Bobby Jindal and David Vitter.

If we can get a closed primary I'll change to Republican to vote against U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy who voted to convict Trump.
Yeah, I heard something about some changes being made, I don't really stay on top of all that. If that happens, I will switch back to republican Bill Cassidy has to go regret, I voted for him other people I know feel the same way.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.