Hop To
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by dassa
I have no desire to get over run. But that could be accomplished with a strong military, that stayed at home and protected opine own borders, rather than being deployed around the world and often being used to cause more problems than it solved.

As to your sarcastic comment concerning world peace before the US, I couldn't care less if every other country fought itself to death. The US was at peace until we adopted the role of world police.

As far as being over run like a pu$sy a$s country, have you seen the recent news from Texas?

That’s just silly.

Britain had a very strong military, on an island, including a world class Navy, and without massive help from the US it would be speaking German right now.

Had they stood up and punched Hitler in the nose after Sudetenland, the Germans would have had three less years of militarization and political consolidation.

Kinda like appeasing Putin when he annexed Crimea.

The US has a geographic advantage through distance, but Putin reconstituting the USSR under a despot would be at our southern border in under a generation.
Right now, at this moment in time it's like the 1930's all over again.
We even have the Isolationist Faction reconstituted.
Hope it doesn't end the same way.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no desire to get over run. But that could be accomplished with a strong military, that stayed at home and protected opine own borders, rather than being deployed around the world and often being used to cause more problems than it solved.

As to your sarcastic comment concerning world peace before the US, I couldn't care less if every other country fought itself to death. The US was at peace until we adopted the role of world police.

As far as being over run like a pu$sy a$s country, have you seen the recent news from Texas?

The reason you could care less is because you enjoy the fruits from the labor of those that did care. It's easy to sit on your couch here in the USA because the USA has done the work to establish wide spread trade and peace. You're just to dumb and lazy to understand how the world works and watch your imported TV while typing on your imported computer safe from an invading horde of Orcs.

By establishing the way to trade with the Reserve Dollar the USA taxes the world in exchange for making world wide trade feasible.

Those who whine and whimper and want the USA to be isolationist will be whining and whimpering at a much higher pitch if they ever got their wish.

As other have said the southern border is just one example of showing weakness for which you advocate.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Boomers can't help themselves, they are giddy for WWIII and destruction of the planet. A pathetic generation they are..

Looks like your brain has been cooked to perfection by the liberal media, and the 'education' system.
Um yeah. I can't wait for Putey to deploy some Jewish Space Lasers, or smoke them uppity 'Kranies with some Chemtrails.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So, we protected American shipping in the first 2 decades of the 1800s, the had no foreign adventures until 1898. Since then, we've been involved everywhere. And it was always leftists that got us involved. Conservatives wanted to mind our own business.

As to great Britain speaking German, again, couldn't care less. The case could be made that the terms at the end of ww1 led to the economic situation that resulted in the nazi party coming to power. If the allies had been more interested in trade than they were in vengeance, ww2 might have never happened.

If we judge the current world situation applying the logic of interventionist, the world should be at perfect peace under the leadership of the US. But that's not the case. There is still as much conflict. The only difference is that the US govt has spent the treasure and manpower of the country to enrich the political class.

Now, let's imagine that Russia is he'll bent on global dominion. Ask yourselves, are we better prepared after wasting hundreds of billions in Ukraine and expending all the munitions there that we have? Are we better off having worried more about Ukraine than our own southern border?

I would have to say that I think interventionism has been a failure.

(And to everyone who analogizes about bullies. Bullies pick on pussies. Sorry, but someone had to explain it to you.)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Eric308
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Boomers can't help themselves, they are giddy for WWIII and destruction of the planet. A pathetic generation they are..

Looks like your brain has been cooked to perfection by the liberal media, and the 'education' system.
Um yeah. I can't wait for Putey to deploy some Jewish Space Lasers, or smoke them uppity 'Kranies with some Chemtrails.

Or just fluoridate their municipal water.

LOL

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

The reason you could care less is because you enjoy the fruits from the labor of those that did care. It's easy to sit on your couch here in the USA because the USA has done the work to establish wide spread trade and peace. You're just to dumb and lazy to understand how the world works and watch your imported TV while typing on your imported computer safe from an invading horde of Orcs.

By establishing the way to trade with the Reserve Dollar the USA taxes the world in exchange for making world wide trade feasible.

Those who whine and whimper and want the USA to be isolationist will be whining and whimpering at a much higher pitch if they ever got their wish.

As other have said the southern border is just one example of showing weakness for which you advocate.
Holy [bleep], you're stupid. In the very post you quoted, I talked about protecting our southern border, instead of waiting time in Ukraine.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
The fatfuk wizard flappin his jowls again

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
..............I would have to say that I think interventionism has been a failure.

(And to everyone who analogizes about bullies. Bullies pick on pussies. Sorry, but someone had to explain it to you.)

It's quite likely that 'thinking' isn't your strong suit.

There will always be two sides to things. Choose wisely.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As to great Britain speaking German, again, couldn't care less. The case could be made that the terms at the end of ww1 led to the economic situation that resulted in the nazi party coming to power. If the allies had been more interested in trade than they were in vengeance, ww2 might have never happened. )

You are so charmingly naive.

Had Britain fallen, Russia would have fallen. Soon thereafter, Japan and Germany would have divided up the rest of the world, Asia, Africa. More Lebensraum in South America, which would have left North America the lone democracy standing.

Would you care, then?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Holy [bleep], you're stupid. In the very post you quoted, I talked about protecting our southern border, instead of waiting time in Ukraine.

Your appeal to weakness invites situations like the invasion on the southern border. Strong USA policy stops that kind of problem.

Trump stopped the flood through strong policy, intervention works. Fact.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by plumbum

If anybody really wanted WWIII and MAD, we would have had it long ago.

A boomer's boomer once advised that to see peace, one must prepare for war.

If that scares you, then you need to grow up.

You don't know what you don't yet know. Boomers do know what you don't yet know.

But hey, why learn from somebody else.

Spot on. Problem with the democrats and the younger generation is they think if you say nice things to an enemy, give them money, and talk nice about them they will reciprocate.

Texas bred and born
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It looks like each plane can carry about 90 tons of ordinance.

That’s funny! 🤣 Carry 3 times max payload of a B52 you say!?

Yes Dan, you are correct. With just a quick look on the web, I failed to realize how much of the gross tonnage was fuel.
Thanks for the correction.

further searching:

B-1 b...Payload 75,000 lbs internal (34,019 kg), 50,000 lbs external.

B-52 ....
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 488,000 pounds (219,600 kilograms)
Fuel Capacity: 312,197 pounds (141,610 kilograms)
Payload: 70,000 pounds (31,500 kilograms)

TU-95.. This is what I was looking at yesterday

Empty weight: 90,000 kg (198,416 lb)
Gross weight: 171,000 kg (376,990 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 188,000 kg (414,469 lb)

Found today:Armament - Primary Bomb tonnage up to 12,000kg (26,400 lb)

I do find myself quite amused by the reactions of many to this OP.
Russia launches a flight of TU 95 bombers so the world is ending in a nuclear holocaust.

Does Russia go to DefCon ONE every time we put a B-2 or a B-52 into the air? They are "nuke capable".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Brother NyQuil,
I got a 30-30.gimme coordinates

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
As to great Britain speaking German, again, couldn't care less. The case could be made that the terms at the end of ww1 led to the economic situation that resulted in the nazi party coming to power. If the allies had been more interested in trade than they were in vengeance, ww2 might have never happened. )

Had Britain fallen, Russia would have fallen. Soon thereafter, Japan and Germany would have divided up the rest of the world, Asia, Africa. More Lebensraum in South America, which would have left North America the lone democracy standing.

Would you care, then?
Like it or not, we are still the Indespensable Nation, and our withdrawal from the world stage would bode ill for the future and not improve the lot of those without the wattage to thrive in the 21st Century.

Plus, we are winning economically.
https://www.axios.com/2024/01/31/us-economy-2024-gdp-g7-nations

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Would you care, then?
Very unlikely that GB would have fallen.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m a POL

Stat Now

(Crickets)

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Very unlikely that GB would have fallen.
Hitler didn't even want war with Great Britain. He was desperate for a peace deal with them which involved nothing more than ceasing hostilities between them, but Churchill would have none of it. Churchill could have easily saved Britain by merely ceasing hostilities against Germany. Instead, he aligned with Jewish influence to bring the US into it against Germany.

Read Churchill's War by David Irving.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your appeal to weakness invites situations like the invasion on the southern border. Strong USA policy stops that kind of problem.

Could you walk me through how sending billions to Ukraine has improved the situation at our southern border?

Has NAFTA / USMCA? Has any other move the US has made to support global trade? Have any of them hurt or improved China's position with regard to global power?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by plumbum

If anybody really wanted WWIII and MAD, we would have had it long ago.

A boomer's boomer once advised that to see peace, one must prepare for war.

If that scares you, then you need to grow up.

You don't know what you don't yet know. Boomers do know what you don't yet know.

But hey, why learn from somebody else.
Yes, the old war will give us peace bullchit. So when does this peace come? As long as the US is a thing, the world will never have peace. We create death and destruction all over the world. Been doin it long before i wqs born

We've had peace with Japan and Western Germany since 1945.

Your policies got us into the war. A brutal application of overwhelming force that didn't stop until we achieved unconditional surrender is a good part of the reason the peace has held.
What policy is mine? Not starting endless wars and stop causing chaos around the world? I like that one. You should too.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.