Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
when lead was all there was,, nothing beat federal premium 2 oz 6's for turkey.
A 2 Oz load of #6 from Remington, Winchester or Federal will still kill turkeys just fine at normal turkey hunting ranges.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I know that the Fiocchi trap loads have a lot of misses in them... lol! Gotta be the shell...

LOL... of course!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Always been a Winchester man prior to long beards, hevishot , and tss

Think i need a bigger gun
M
MOW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Just looking at the picture, it doesn't look like it's going pattern well past 30 yards. Standard shot wad and it's not even holding all the shot. As soon the shot column leaves the choke, the unsupported shot is going to spread and very quickly the wad is going to open and the rest of the shot is going to start spreading.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
With Fiocchi shells, the nickel plating is good, but the shot underneath sucks. Very soft shot.

I've shot lots of their golden pheasant and patterned quite a bit of it and their turkey loads. Never found any that would pattern well enough, for turkey hunting.

I reload alot of nickel #5s these days, and found the shot that ballistic products sells is very similar, if not the same, as what is in the Fiocchi shells....good nickel plating with soft shot, underneath.

A couple years ago, I found the nickel shot that precision reloading sells....THIS is what you want. The few recovered pellets I get, are still round enough to roll across the counter! The "other" recovered shot is a mangled mess. AND, it patterns like a paint brush, in comparison. Trouble is, I know of no factory loading, offering this hard/nickel shot.....gotta load your own.

https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=SH&i=NP5

In my O/U turkey gun, I'll run my nickel #5 pheasant load in the bottom barrel, and TSS in the top barrel. Anything inside 40 yards gets the nickel shot.

Andy3

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Fiocchi handgun range ammo is very good. Very clean. Reliable. Accurate. Good stuff.

These Fiocchi shot shells were absolutely the filthiest shotshells I've fired in a long time. Even dirtier that "Stars and Stripes" brand ammo. Typically, all my guns need are a light cleaning after a range day. Yesterday, I broke my Benelli and Winchester down fully. The inside the recievers, shell lifters, and trigger groups were heavily fouled with unburned powder and general dirt. My gas piston on my Winchester was black. Even inside my forearm was black. Yes, it gets dirty with other brands. But not that dirty, from that few shells. Jesus, that was like a years worth of shooting and it was just a box. I had to use a flush and an air compressor to get everything clean. I won't shoot them again. It's not worth it. I may cut them open to get the shot. Or just leave them at my gun club for someone to have. But I will leave a note with them that its filthy ammo. (Many of those guys are my firends, after all.)

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Typical lead results. Why anyone would waste their time, money, and efforts with such an inferior product is irrational! LOL!

Now that's something I neither need nor want!

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 03/25/24.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dean, I hear Apex will be introducing a turkey shell loaded with Depleted Uranium at the next shot show. It will make TSS obsolete.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Lol, kill and cook all at the same time! But you sure don't want to bite into that stuff! End up lookin like Homer Simpson...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,840 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,265
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.