Print Thread
Hop To
W
Westman Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
If this has been posted before I'll apologize but damn. We are really up against it with people that think like this...

https://coloradosun.com/2024/03/20/opinion-colorado-wildlife-commission-resign/

GB1

Gary your opposition is more complex than you realize, I will not go on to make any attempt to insult you just pointing out a few things so don't take offense.
We currently are saddled with a Governor that no one in the outdoor community nor Livestock and agriculture Industry trust at all. He is an absolute liar and his word means NOTHING. Look at the promises made to the cooperative groups promising not to release wolves with ANY history of livestock depredation and yet the very first 10 wolves are made up of wolves from groups known for livestock depredation.
Also his prior record of "appointments" is abysmal. For example Ellen Kessler appointed to State Board of Veterinary Medicine she was outed as a radical "vegan" not a qualified appointee.
Look at your 2 co appointees as well both radical urbanites with no legitimate connection to wildlife nor hunting or fishing only the fight against it.
This is what everyone from rural Colorado has come to expect from Polis, lies and deceit so you are not in good company.
I must admit your own association with radical animal rights groups does not bode well with the hunting and Livestock community. When someone looks up your name and your membership, following, support of groups like "held positions with Great Old Broads for Wilderness, the La Plata County Humane Society and New Mexico State Parks. He is currently the wildlife program manager for the San Juan Citizens Alliance, a Durango-based environmental advocacy organization". What do you expect hunters to do.?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wolves are not compatible with modernity.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would have liked to have him say more about his positions in the article.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hunting is on the decline in Colorado, yet there was enough pressure from hunting groups to force him out. Interesting.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Any appointee out of step needs to be GONE. Wolves being released like pets, is insane.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
At some point, the non-hunting public is going to want and will get more input to how wildlife is managed, at which point the landslide to piss poor wildlife management will really pick up speed to the bottom of the hill. When you have bird watchers, hikers, and anti-hunters calling the shots, nothing good will come of it. Sadly, that is where Colo. is heading.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
I would have liked to have him say more about his positions in the article.

Didn't want to go there for some reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for CO. They need to keep pressure on nominees like him.

Washington State is currently knee deep in this mess. Inslee has stack the wildlife commission with garbage.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sure it’s not just Colorado that’s seeing a decline in hunters.
I have seen the same thing happen here in Pennsyltucky as well.
Hunting has changed a helluva lot since i began almost 50 years ago. Not only hunting, but attitudes towards it also.
50 years ago you had to get up out of the farm valley, because the deer were all Up on the mountain. Now they’re all down in the valley, and hunting on the mountain I see far fewer deer than I ever saw before.
Back in the 70s most of us hunted in smaller groups, usually splitting up to hunt separately from one another, and most of it was done by stalking, or what we called “still hunting “. You walk a few quiet steps, and stop and watch around for a few minutes, taking a few more step’s and pausing again.
Now everybody sits in a heated shanty all day. Others get a gang of over a dozen people and put on drives.
Kids now grew up with cable television, microwave ovens and other gadgets that offer instant gratification. Few of them have the patience to wait all morning for a shot.
After a few years of going, they lose interest and quit.
Some of us are born to it. Spending a day in the woods with my rifle is tonic to me, but most find it tedious and boring.
Pennsylvania in the 50s and 60s boasted well over a million hunting licenses sold. We’re nowhere near that level now. Land we were welcome to hunt on is now a subdivision full of soccer moms.
Deer have moved into the suburbs, living in patches of woods you wouldn’t look twice at . They come out ant night eating people’s flowers!
Living on the mountain eating acorns is too difficult for them, so they’re down here in cornfields and orchards!
I still love to do it, but most of my former compadres either quit, or they’re hunting that big mountain where the drags are all downhill.😀
I’m 58, who knows what it’s gonna be like for my grandkids? I just hope that I can instill in them what my Dad did in me.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Colorado is my home state and I stopped hunting there in 2016 due to the CO Division of Tourism (parks and wildlife) and their B.S. of ever increasing elk herds. While I agree the public knows nothing about wildlife management, I think some of those idiots on the Commission may be worse. How do you take a world class mule deer herd which produced trophy bucks filling the record books down to numbers wherein every hunter requires a special application and license? Numbskulls.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 24 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,362
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.