thanks frend

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Wunder how many pieces she fell into when tha plane crashed šŸ¤”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was wondering what the deal was with the number 9 everywhere. Were you here when we had a guy called Muley Stalker who always posted in ā€œmountain speakā€? By far the most aggravating thing you tried to read, no one could make sense of it, and most everyone quit trying.
I guess he finally went away.šŸ˜Ÿ
Iā€™m here because I for the most part enjoy the discussions. I try not to get involved in whizzing contest, I have better things to do.
With that saidā€¦

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." ļæ½ Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Come on Earlybird, you know better than that! Very crude and tasteless. And at the price of someone who I Have loved all my life!
Show a little class. I know you well enough to know you can.šŸ˜Ÿ

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." ļæ½ Wesley Pruden

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My brokedown boomer ears tell me this gal does the best Patsy. And live no less. Cute butt too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LeAnn has one heckuva voice, and the range as well. When I first heard her sing ā€œBlueā€, I thought someone had found an old recording of Patsy and released it. Sheā€™s Pretty easy on the eye too!
But let me say, these are all Patsy Clime songs, and done in her style. That lady took songs that others had released and done well, but her voice put life in the songs that others didnā€™t, and they became Patsy Cline Songs, wether intended or not.
There are story of her recording a record, and Charley her husband dropped by the studio. Randy, her manager met him at the door. ā€œDid you two have a fight this morningā€? Charley said ā€œNo, why do you askā€? Randy said ā€œSheā€™s crying after every set. Iā€™m afraid you might spoil the mood. Come back later, but donā€™t go in there nowā€!
Every song she sang she breathed life into. Very few people can do that! Lord knows what she might have done for country music had her career been more than 3 years!
Not to take anything away from others like Dolly or Reba, but Patsy still sells records in the top ten of female country vocalist, and sheā€™s been gone 61 years ago this month!
I have lots of country favorites. Male and female, all have songs that I love, and Iā€™ll crank it up and sing along. But Patsy is in a class by herself!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prefer 2 Live Crew

DONā€™T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOUā€™VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
On the subject of Loretta I thought we had some backwoods hillbillies around herešŸ¤Ætook the kids to see the Virginia elk herd thing way coolšŸ‘took a side trip to ā€œbutchers hollaā€ in Kentucky holy fouuuk šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
LeAnn has one heckuva voice, and the range as well. When I first heard her sing ā€œBlueā€, I thought someone had found an old recording of Patsy and released it. Sheā€™s Pretty easy on the eye too!
But let me say, these are all Patsy Clime songs, and done in her style. That lady took songs that others had released and done well, but her voice put life in the songs that others didnā€™t, and they became Patsy Cline Songs, wether intended or not.
There are story of her recording a record, and Charley her husband dropped by the studio. Randy, her manager met him at the door. ā€œDid you two have a fight this morningā€? Charley said ā€œNo, why do you askā€? Randy said ā€œSheā€™s crying after every set. Iā€™m afraid you might spoil the mood. Come back later, but donā€™t go in there nowā€!
Every song she sang she breathed life into. Very few people can do that! Lord knows what she might have done for country music had her career been more than 3 years!
Not to take anything away from others like Dolly or Reba, but Patsy still sells records in the top ten of female country vocalist, and sheā€™s been gone 61 years ago this month!
I have lots of country favorites. Male and female, all have songs that I love, and Iā€™ll crank it up and sing along. But Patsy is in a class by herself!

Great analogy sir! I'm not much of a country fan, at all. But a few stand out even to my taste & Patsy stands above the rest by far.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

RB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
On the subject of Loretta I thought we had some backwoods hillbillies around herešŸ¤Ætook the kids to see the Virginia elk herd thing way coolšŸ‘took a side trip to ā€œbutchers hollaā€ in Kentucky holy fouuuk šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Dat be the Ky. elk herd, largest east of the Missisip. & Butcher holler close to what they call the country music highway, State Rt. 23. Many artist from the area, but not Patsy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whereā€™s the Elk herd in VA? I didnā€™t know about that! I drove often Penny up to Benezette. That have a big herd there, great visitors center too. Lotta tourists, but you always saw some beautiful animals. Occasionally some touron gets out and tries to walk up to them. Some people are idiots and canā€™t grasp the concept that wild animals are wild!šŸ˜ŸšŸ¤¬ I ainā€™t heard of anyone getting hurt, but the Elk move away, and the viewing with it.
You see elk laying in somebodyā€™s yard up there, eating grass. Iā€™d be in jail, cause sure as heck, weā€™d have one hanging out to cool.
I donā€™t know, never been to Butcher Holler. Is it still secluded and fill of Rednecks, or have they capitalized on Loretta and turned it into a tourist trap?
I have always loved Loretta. The Old Man and Mom had a bunch of 33 lip albums, and on Sunday afternoon our house was full of Classic Country. In the garage, we always listened to WIYQ outta Ebensburg. All country all the time.
The only time it ever changed was if the Steelers were playing Monday Night.šŸ˜€
Good times, and a heckuva lot better America.
But then, I always considered myself blessed far beyond what I deserve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No , Patsy grew up in Winchester. She started singing in church, and got herself on a couple radio shows. She knew she had talent, and actively pursued a career. Her name was Virginia Hensly and she married and divorced a fellow named Cline. Evidently he wasnā€™t very good to her.
I have a biography of her. She really helped Loretta get her career going. Thereā€™s even an interview that Loretta said that she was wearing underwear that Patsy had given her!
She helped Dottie West get off the ground too.
Even though she was only in the spotlight for 3 years, she had influenced many far beyond her life. She musta been one heckuva lady!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Theese are PRIME, ,. the crap caked to em adds weaight on at the scale

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You Sonhofabitch!

That was at least $.82c worth of Fireball I just spit all over!

Been sick with a terrible sinus head/face/tooth ache. Now I can't quit laughing and my wife knows I'm tuned!

Cokkksucker!

hahahahahaha

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Been waiting all day for that. lol

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by gunzo
Dat be the Ky. elk herd, largest east of the Missisip. & Butcher holler close to what they call the country music highway, State Rt. 23. Many artist from the area, but not Patsy.

The Arby's on 23 in Louisa has the distinction of being the all-time shƬttiest fast food place I've ever ate at.

I'm not sure how you can screw up microwaved turkey lunch meat and fake coagulated "roast beef," but they manage to do it consistently.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I was wondering what the deal was with the number 9 everywhere. Were you here when we had a guy called Muley Stalker who always posted in ā€œmountain speakā€? By far the most aggravating thing you tried to read, no one could make sense of it, and most everyone quit trying.
I guess he finally went away.šŸ˜Ÿ
Iā€™m here because I for the most part enjoy the discussions. I try not to get involved in whizzing contest, I have better things to do.
With that saidā€¦

Muleskinner did the 'mountain speak'. Muley Stalker lived in Colorado. His wife got struck by lightning twice. Not direct strikes but she felt it.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've had steak in Ashland & Mexican in Pikeville, but even with that would I expect much out of am Arby's in Louisa. They actually have an Arby's there? LOL

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by gunzo
I've had steak in Ashland & Mexican in Pikeville, but even with that would I expect much out of am Arby's in Louisa. They actually have an Arby's there? LOL

Sure do, but you better be desperate to eat there, and even then stick to french fries.

There's a Mexican place down the road in Paintsville that is the shƬttiest Mexican place I've ever ate at too. And ran by Mexicans even.

When on 23, best advice is to stick to Mountain Dews and Payday bars at the gas stations lol

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 264mag, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,367
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.