Hop To
S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Gents,
Does anyone use a Pulsar Digex C50 for night hunting?
What are the pros / cons?
Thank you for your time.
Soup

GB1

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
No one uses night vision??
Soup

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have some IR stuff and some thermal stuff… I’m not familiar with the specific unit you mentioned. I’m thinking your unit is an IR… I’m sorry if I am mistaken but I much much prefer thermal over IR. IR is certainly better than trying to hold a flashlight and shine it at your intended target…assuming you can find it to begin with. A thermal unit allows the user to rapidly scan an area and know immediately if there is any thing out there. Yes, thermal has its limitations but I will take a quality thermal over IR 99% of the time.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Soup
No one uses night vision??
Soup
Yes we do but not the one you asked about.

If you just want thoughts on NV then I can help. I have a Sightmark Wraith Mini 4K. I upgraded the IR illuminator to an Armasight Watchman.

Downside to NV is with the OEM illuminator, anything behind brush can get washed out with the spill of the illuminator. By anything I had a horse standing behind some low hanging trees and could not positively ID him as a horse. The new illuminator focuses into a tight spot and does better but on another night I had an armadillo digging around in some taller grass and he blended right in so well I could not see him.

I also have a thermal scanner and the aforementioned horse above, stood out like he had a neon sign around his neck. The armadillo did too. You can’t hide from thermal.

But it doesn’t define things as well as NV does so there’s a reason to own both. I had a coyote about 200 yards out last night and his eyes glowed in the NV scope and I could clearly see he was a coyote and not a dog. But when he got our wind and turned to run, I lost him. Picked up the thermal and easily spotted him and watched him stop and look back at us around 400 yards. I got on the gun and could make him out just fine but he was too far to shoot.

NV will get you there but thermal is where you want to be.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I only use atn Thor 4 or Iray tl35 bolt thermals.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 797 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.