OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Here was 5 with a lot of Lapua Pistol King my T1x really liked, obviously shot in good conditions

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

5 with a different lot of Pistol King

5 after adjustment

Here is a 10 shot group from the guy that beat me often with CenterX from his Vudoo

Here are two usbr cards I shot. I didn’t keep the 236 from Sunday with Pistol Match.

234 with my T1x and Pistol King. The top sighter is 7 shots. First was high, adjust, low, then I had my hold for 5

This was with the custom. Center sighter is 5 shots adjusting the scope. Left sighter is 3 shots. Right sighter was a new lot of ammo I opened during the card to check zero to finish. First was high and then I worked it down. It had a NF 12-42x56br scope with the 1/8 MOA clicks so it was quite precise.

Looking great. Now go and shoot the challenge target from day at the range.

I shot a new lot of Sk pistol, it’s ok. I thought the rain had quit but it came back and soaked everything. I shot a 67 and had four 0’s lol. 2 were my fault and 2 I have no idea.

The target pretty much disintegrated when I took it off the board between breeze and rain, so no pics.

I'm glad you shot it man. That gives some of these other guys an idea on how challenging it actually is. I think Certifiable and his bro's saw that from the beginning. I have commented on how some of the guys on youtube don't know wtf they are doing, but some of those guys that shoot rimfire are damn good. Not that there is much of a difference between shooting rimfire and centerfire, but it seems like the rimfire guys shoot a lot more, and they are consistently better shooters. Even here in this forum, I have noticed that. I've posted a few challenges here, and I always get participation from these guys. Much appreciated too!!!!

You are doing well in your USBR shoots too buddy!!!! That little Tikka is a shooting machine!! Loving that. A while back, I was wanting to buy one, but I held off.

If I were buying again I think I’d pick up a CZ Varmint, maybe an MTR, but the Varmints that I am shooting against are to handle. I’m not crazy about CZ stocks but that could be remedied via KRG Bravo.

How are the Bergara B14's doing? Seems like they shoot very well. As for the CZ's, it seems like your Tikka holds it's own against them.. it also seems like guys are putting Lilja barrels on the MTR's and Varmints. That's an extra $700.00, just to get the CZ's to shoot acceptably well. A good rifle should have a good factory barrel on it, like your Tikka for example. To me, that is more of a reason to buy a Tikka..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Here was 5 with a lot of Lapua Pistol King my T1x really liked, obviously shot in good conditions

5 with a different lot of Pistol King

5 after adjustment

Here is a 10 shot group from the guy that beat me often with CenterX from his Vudoo

Here are two usbr cards I shot. I didn’t keep the 236 from Sunday with Pistol Match.

234 with my T1x and Pistol King. The top sighter is 7 shots. First was high, adjust, low, then I had my hold for 5

This was with the custom. Center sighter is 5 shots adjusting the scope. Left sighter is 3 shots. Right sighter was a new lot of ammo I opened during the card to check zero to finish. First was high and then I worked it down. It had a NF 12-42x56br scope with the 1/8 MOA clicks so it was quite precise.

Looking great. Now go and shoot the challenge target from day at the range.

I shot a new lot of Sk pistol, it’s ok. I thought the rain had quit but it came back and soaked everything. I shot a 67 and had four 0’s lol. 2 were my fault and 2 I have no idea.

The target pretty much disintegrated when I took it off the board between breeze and rain, so no pics.

I'm glad you shot it man. That gives some of these other guys an idea on how challenging it actually is. I think Certifiable and his bro's saw that from the beginning. I have commented on how some of the guys on youtube don't know wtf they are doing, but some of those guys that shoot rimfire are damn good. Not that there is much of a difference between shooting rimfire and centerfire, but it seems like the rimfire guys shoot a lot more, and they are consistently better shooters. Even here in this forum, I have noticed that. I've posted a few challenges here, and I always get participation from these guys. Much appreciated too!!!!

You are doing well in your USBR shoots too buddy!!!! That little Tikka is a shooting machine!! Loving that. A while back, I was wanting to buy one, but I held off.

If I were buying again I think I’d pick up a CZ Varmint, maybe an MTR, but the Varmints that I am shooting against are to handle. I’m not crazy about CZ stocks but that could be remedied via KRG Bravo.

How are the Bergara B14's doing? Seems like they shoot very well. As for the CZ's, it seems like your Tikka holds it's own against them.. it also seems like guys are putting Lilja barrels on the MTR's and Varmints. That's an extra $700.00, just to get the CZ's to shoot acceptably well. A good rifle should have a good factory barrel on it, like your Tikka for example. To me, that is more of a reason to buy a Tikka..

We are down to 3 Bergaras. Two shoot great, one carbon and one steel, the other is driven by a guy that has to be blind because he is not competitive, lol. I know five guys that have them and all had feeding issues early but I think that got fixed.

To this point my T1x has a vertical grip, an 3d bag rider and a forearm added and that’s it other than a trigger spring clip.

The other guys that are always in the running have MDT Chassis, tuners, TriggerTech triggers, etc. I’m over here just banging away with my little $hitbox T1x, lol. I say that because this is considered the “factory class” in our group.

The CZ guys can change barrels as long as it’s a factory CZ barrel. I was going to buy a T1x barrel from Gary Eliseo and I was told I couldn’t shoot against them because he’s a gunsmith, lol.

It’s fun though. It’s pretty cool my gun with about $50 worth of parts is hanging with guys that have an extra $1k in their rifles with add ons.

I broke down and added a 3-6oz Jard trigger today. That/me was responsible for two 0’s on the Clover challenge, lol. I was adjusting my rifle and must have brushed the side of the trigger.

https://aandjsporting.com/bergara-b-14r-heavy-barreled-action/

One of those in a Bravo would probably be awesome.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Great info. Thanks buddy!! Man, that Bergara barreled action looks sweet. The feeding issues has me concerned though. When the T1x first came out, I think they also had some issues with that, due to the magazines. That's one thing the CZ's do very well, I guess. Mine feeds almost as nicely as my 1949 Winchester model 52, and that is saying a lot..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Great info. Thanks buddy!! Man, that Bergara barreled action looks sweet. The feeding issues has me concerned though. When the T1x first came out, I think they also had some issues with that, due to the magazines. That's one thing the CZ's do very well, I guess. Mine feeds almost as nicely as my 1949 Winchester model 52, and that is saying a lot..

If you get a T1x that feeds weird remove it from the stock and loosen the screw that holds the magwell in, pull it back towards the trigger and tighten the screw. That usually fixes it as it changes the angle making it less steep.

One of the Bergara guys bought 5 extra mags before he found one that would feed. I think all that mess has been remedied though as I’ve not seen them have an issue in quite awhile.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

If you get a T1x that feeds weird remove it from the stock and loosen the screw that holds the magwell in, pull it back towards the trigger and tighten the screw. That usually fixes it as it changes the angle making it less steep.

One of the Bergara guys bought 5 extra mags before he found one that would feed. I think all that mess has been remedied though as I’ve not seen them have an issue in quite awhile.
Good info. Thanks. I’ll try to remember that!

BSA MAGA
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have a savage mark ii tr. Only about 500 rounds through it so far but it likes sk lr match and sk sv. For regular plinking I use cci sv. The sleeper for this rifle is Anguilla target competition.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Lilja barrels are $195 more than a Kidd barrel.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,903
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.