-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I went to the grocery store today. A woman was pulling out of her parking spot so I pulled in. As I came around the back of my truck this guy, about 30 or so, pulled up and opened the passenger side window. He starts MFin me, says he was waiting for that spot. Well, he must have been orbiting because I never saw him. So, I walk not acknowledging him, head forward keep walking. This guy puts his car in reverse and follows. MFin me and now challenging by calling me a puzzy. When I got to the end of the row he left.

All the while I'm thinking, "Sir, stay in your car I do not need to shoot you." Here's the thing, I know there are other people around. I know there is a camera watching. If this goes sideways, I don't want anything that says I exasperated the situation.

Who was polite, I was. The dude really needs a sound ass beating. But I'm armed so I'm sure to be polite. Not that I really wanted to be.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You did the best possible thing not acknowledging his BS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An armed response, or even acknowledging the provocation, should be a last resort option. Once it's obvious the confrontation is headed for a hands-on situation, even then a firearm needs to be a last resort. If the guy gets past my lead-tipped walking cane and a razor sharp lock back knife clipped into my weak side front pocket, then and only then does the pocket rocket get put into action.

You seem to get into these situations on a pretty regular basis- - - -would your busy schedule allow you to spend a few minutes talking to my garden? I'll save a fortune on fertilizer!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He should have gotten out and put a sticky note on the spot if he was so concerned...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Massed Ayoob tells of an armed citizen who's just opened his jacket to show he was armed and was charged with a felony aggravated assault! I don't remember what state but probably can assume it was some lefty jurisdiction.

I'm no law expert so I don't know if it was a terroristic threat thing but the guy never even drew his weapon and was charged.

Eventually, he was acquitted, but what about a years worth of legal costs and aggravation?

MAGA!

"an armed society is a polite society"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Massed Ayoob tells of an armed citizen who's just opened his jacket to show he was armed and was charged with a felony aggravated assault! I don't remember what state but probably can assume it was some lefty jurisdiction.

I'm no law expert so I don't know if it was a terroristic threat thing but the guy never even drew his weapon and was charged.

Eventually, he was acquitted, but what about a years worth of legal costs and aggravation?

MAGA!

Used to be a law like that in FL called brandishing. Not sure if we still have it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You never show your gun until you're sure to need it.

One time years ago in about 2000 or so I was driving home and 4 Hispanics in a car pulled up next to me. I had the music up but I could hear them yelling at me so I turned it down for a second. They were cussing at me in Spanish so I pulled my glock 19 from the center console and stuck it under my work out towel on the passenger seat.

The passenger in the car right next to me yelled you might be big white boy but you never know when someone has a gun. I had my left arm up in the open window and my arms back then where over 21" diameter. I was lifting weights 5 times a week and was 6'3.5" tall and weighed around 260 and benched 380.

I was a psychiatric nurse over utah state hospitals forensic until 1 at the time which had the murderers and other most dangerous guys on it. I learned at work that when some sociopath tries to intimidate you or threaten you the best response is to act like you're really hoping he'll make his move because you just can't wait to go crazy on him.

I just looked him right in eyes and said, you're right you do never know when someone has a gun do you, and gave my most sinister laugh. I never did show my gun but they all looked at each other then turned left when the light changed. They weren't even in the turning lane.

For much of my life I had the advantage of being big enough and strong enough that people left me alone but I also always tried to be polite and not look for problems because I knew there's some crazy dangerous people out there. Now that I'm older and much weaker I'll glad I made it a habit to try to avoid trouble.

I got beat up pretty bad at age 15 right after acl surgery while still on crutches by 3 26 and 27 year olds because my friends girlfriend flipped them off on the highway. It was a learning experience about not messing with strangers.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/26/24.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

MAGA!

Used to be a law like that in FL called brandishing. Not sure if we still have it.

We have it in Colorado.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Never brandish... always point your weapon at the rabid dog "that you see" just to the left of the subject.

Brandishing is an attempt to incite fear is someone... but in reality you are try to protect the subject from the rabid dog "that you see" just to the left of the subject.

Even "showing" a weapon in your holster is typically deemed as brandishing.

NEVER BRANDISH.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
As for some punk in a parking lot...

Fugg him... and tell him so.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I went to the grocery store today. A woman was pulling out of her parking spot so I pulled in. As I came around the back of my truck this guy, about 30 or so, pulled up and opened the passenger side window. He starts MFin me, says he was waiting for that spot. Well, he must have been orbiting because I never saw him. So, I walk not acknowledging him, head forward keep walking. This guy puts his car in reverse and follows. MFin me and now challenging by calling me a puzzy. When I got to the end of the row he left.

All the while I'm thinking, "Sir, stay in your car I do not need to shoot you." Here's the thing, I know there are other people around. I know there is a camera watching. If this goes sideways, I don't want anything that says I exasperated the situation.

Who was polite, I was. The dude really needs a sound ass beating. But I'm armed so I'm sure to be polite. Not that I really wanted to be.
This really sings to my soul.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (007FJ, 1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,549
Posts18,472,957
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.