-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
First - Thanks for letting me join the campfire...You guys provide - sometimes hours of entertainment - as I can relate.

This is my firs post...

Just bought tickets to the April (20) 2024 rodeo. Been to a couple of rodeos before in NM and LA. This is something I've always wanted to do...See them guys go for it on bull rides and "poker games". No fear.

Is there any LA or MS guys on here that can provide pointers - suggestions - do this - don't do that - type shnit?

Was told that they have their prison "crafts" for sale - Interested to see that - but they are cons and I know it.

AND I was already told by my bud down in the BR - "its not a place to take your daughter".

Wife is going - She knows how to dress as not to draw attention...at 56 - she's good at that these days - not that it matters to cons...been there.

STOKED to check it out.

Did a minute myself - nothing like these guys tho

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First and foremost...... NO GUNS and you might leave the dope at home also. laugh

Be ready to see some of the most amazing crafts in the world. Those inmates have nothing but time and they make amazing things. Woodwork, leather, paintings, etc., but each time I went there was no metal crafts. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it.

Rodeo is one of a kind. It's amateur, but some really good stock. Be prepared to see some inmates hurt... it happens.

If any inmate is disrespectful in any way toward your wife, let a guard know. They will immediately remove the inmate and there is a good chance he will never be allowed at the rodeo again. This is the highlight of the year for the inmates and they have to work hard to even go to the rodeo, so there is not much chance of anything happening. But again, who knows, it's a prison!
Not all the inmates are allowed to even see the rodeo, much less participate. They have to really work hard and keep their noses clean for the opportunity.

Enjoy it!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Welcome to the ol' 'fire.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,697
Posts18,475,205
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.