Print Thread
Hop To
#19340719 03/28/24
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Just watched a documentary on prime called the longest month. The First Air Cavalry in Iraq during the surge and wondered if you had seen it?
I thought it was very well done showing the care the unit had for each other as well as the men on the ground that they were trying to help when the shtf.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have not seen it, and was unaware until now.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Found it on Prime, will watch tomorrow.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Just watched a documentary on prime called the longest month. The First Air Cavalry in Iraq during the surge and wondered if you had seen it?
I thought it was very well done showing the care the unit had for each other as well as the men on the ground that they were trying to help when the shtf.

If you haven't read Digital Dan's book, you need to. One of the most interesting things I've ever read, once you start you can't put it down.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243
If you haven't read Digital Dan's book, you need to. One of the most interesting things I've ever read, once you start you can't put it down.

Title?

Thanks.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Title?

Thanks.

I hate to speak for DD on this, but I bet if you'd PM him he'd be happy to send you a PDF copy of it. He was kind enough to do it for me. The guy is a certified true American bad ass and we are blessed to be in his company here on the Fire.

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N

Oh hell yeah I’ve read it more than once that’s why I brought this to his attention.

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Another one to watch is Apache Warrior

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Oh hell yeah I’ve read it more than once that’s why I brought this to his attention.

Good sheit !!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Title?

Thanks.

I hate to speak for DD on this, but I bet if you'd PM him he'd be happy to send you a PDF copy of it. He was kind enough to do it for me. The guy is a certified true American bad ass and we are blessed to be in his company here on the Fire.

OK, thanks.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Title?

Thanks.

I would just as soon put a few dollars in DD's pockets. Writing and editing a book involves a big investment of time.

Is the book available on Amazon? What is its title?

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm interested also, More of a paper book reader.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blushing here!

A PM with email will get a copy. Don't want your money. If'n you want the paper version turn on your printer. grin

I am..........disturbed.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Title?

Thanks.

This. Yes he is. A great read. Could be used as an outline for a great movie.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan's tale needs some editing to be publishable, but if doesn't make your nuts crawl to read it, you are no man.

I worked with and knew a few Scout pilots. They were universally stark raving crazy - but also incredibly effective. They made my job appear to be as safe as teaching Sunday school.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 9 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,508
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.