W
Jesus died on the Cross for our sins.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amen!

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not mine.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Not mine.
hay shiet for brains, if you cant say something decent then shut up. you and RODTHEWAD2024 KINDA SOUND THE SAME

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Amen

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Amen.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
GO find a juicy bullcrap story to post.usless chunk of crap

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
LOL

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yes Jesus died for all of our sins.

But it wasn’t on a Friday. The whole “Good Friday” thing is man made. Same as Sunday being the sabbath. Saturday is and always has been Gods Sabbath day. Anything else is man’s idea.

How do I know the crucifixion didn’t happen on Friday? Because the Bible clearly tells you what day it was.

Does it matter?
Absolutely. The Jews asked Jesus to give them a sign that he was who he said he was. So the proof of who Jesus said he was hinges completely on what day the crucifixion happened and how many days Jesus was in the Tomb.

If you were taught anything else no matter how good the intentions were you were lied to. Sunday is the first day of the week FYI per God.

Last edited by Bay1975; 03/29/24.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAM
Not mine.
Yes, yours, too. Whether you accept it or not is up to you but the time will come when you will sorely regret it if you don't.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All those years of Sunday school paid off for you pard

Originally Posted by Bay1975
Yes Jesus died for all of our sins.

But it wasn’t on a Friday. The whole “Good Friday” thing is man made. Same as Sunday being the sabbath. Saturday is and always has been Gods Sabbath day. Anything else is man’s idea.

How do I know the crucifixion didn’t happen on Friday? Because the Bible clearly tells you what day it was.

Does it matter?
Absolutely. The Jews asked Jesus to give them a sign that he was who he said he was. So the proof of who Jesus said he was hinges completely on what day the crucifixion happened and how many days Jesus was in the Tomb.

If you were taught anything else no matter how good the intentions were you were lied to. Sunday is the first day of the week FYI per God.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So if biblical sabbath is Saturday and Jesus died the day before sabbath, what day is that?

Mark 15:42
42 It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. 44 Pilate was surprised to hear that he was already dead.

Luke 23:54
54 It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin. 55 The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

John 19:38-45
38 Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders. With Pilate’s permission, he came and took the body away. 39 He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.[c] 40 Taking Jesus’ body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs. 41 At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid. 42 Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.

Me

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Please don't split hairs, All that matters, is, He died for all the sins of men.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Please don't split hairs, All that matters, is, He died for all the sins of men.

This is the definition of a milquetoast believer. All feelings, but no facts. The gentlemen above are stating facts which should be very important to anyone who claims to know God and be saved, especially concerning the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. That is the most important portion of the Bible, and should not be taken lightly.

You should know better.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image]

Sunday the first day of the week was the resurrection morning, Jesus was gone from the tomb before Marry arrived.
You cannot get 3 days and 3 nights from Friday sundown to Sunday morning sunrise. You don’t have to take my word for it Jesus is the one that said it would be 3 days 3 nights. [Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not even arguing - I'm asking to understand the Biblical explanation for the cruxificion not being Friday, given what the bible clearly states in all 4 Gospels.

Jesus died on Preparation Day - day before Sabbath, Sabbath is Saturday. So Jesus died on a Friday - I'm asking for clarification of this explicit mention where that isn't Friday.

Mathew 27:50-63
50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

55 Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs. 56 Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph,[f] and the mother of Zebedee’s sons.

The Burial of Jesus
57 As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus. 58 Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. 59 Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60 and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away. 61 Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting there opposite the tomb.

The Guard at the Tomb
62 The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and the Pharisees went to Pilate. 63 “Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’

Me

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Luke 23:54 KJV says the day of preparation and the Sabbath drew on, not that the Sabbath was the next day. Again a clearly man modified version of the events. Jesus says 3 days 3 nights the original translation does not dispute this but the later translation does which also makes the Friday crucifixion fit the narrative. I choose to believe what Jesus said feel free to believe it any way you want.

As a side note. The changing of the Sabbath day to Sunday, the “Good Friday” etc. can be easily found in Catholic history who changed it and when.

Attached Images
IMG_4549.jpeg (22.49 KB, 65 downloads)
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
On the 3rd day.....He rose from the dead.

Friday, day 1
Saturday, day 2
Sunday, day 3

That is the Truth

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Sunday the first day of the week was the resurrection morning, Jesus was gone from the tomb before Marry arrived.
You cannot get 3 days and 3 nights from Friday sundown to Sunday morning sunrise. You don’t have to take my word for it Jesus is the one that said it would be 3 days 3 nights. [Linked Image]

So how does that jive with the Word of God who specifically states in 4 gospels, Jesus died on Friday.

Matthew 16:21; 17:23; and 20:19, where Jesus prophesizes that he will be raised from the dead “on the third day”.
Matthew 27:63–64, the chief priests and Pharisees tell Pilate that Jesus said, “After three days I will rise again”

Would imply the lack of a 3rd night?

Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,546
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.