Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There are pitbulls running loose around here everywhere in the poor rent house neighborhoods. I am carrying now to walk my dogs on a leash in my neighborhood.

GB1

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shiester,

We have a Boxer now, have had dogs for a long time.

Never had an aggressive dog, making some exception for the nature of a Jack Russel. She wasn’t offensive, but it didn’t take much to make her defensive.

After an incident with her and a total stranger. Where she went stiff and was immediately at fight to die status, holding her ground, I’ve learned to judge people by my dog.

Six months after Casey’s reaction to John, he was on the front page, above the fold.

Accused Child Molester Accused of Arson/Attempted Murder!
Sets fire to home with the witness inside!

If my calm dog alerts on someone,
that’s all I need to know. And am glad to know it!

When I was a young kid my folks got me a Shepard/Collie mix that went about 45 lbs. One day a traveling salesmen came knocking and that dog just about went through a wood framed screen door after the guy. Dude promptly left. Kinda freaked my mom out, the dog lived to be 18 and never acted aggressive towards another person. Mom always believed the guy must have been bad news and that dog knew it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Love how gentle the owner of the Pit Bull was trying to get it off the Husky.

Me, owner of the Husky?

1 step forward. BLAM.

Bye..
So, when I was with my pure Pitbull at the dog park back in the early two thousands, and an elderly gentleman's Boxer charged him, grabbed him by the face, and wouldn't let go, instead of helping the man get his dog off mine (the Boxer actually bit my hand while trying to get a better grip on my dog's face), I should have drawn and fired?? Got it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bry
When I was a young kid my folks got me a Shepard/Collie mix that went about 45 lbs. One day a traveling salesmen came knocking and that dog just about went through a wood framed screen door after the guy. Dude promptly left. Kinda freaked my mom out, the dog lived to be 18 and never acted aggressive towards another person. Mom always believed the guy must have been bad news and that dog knew it.
Could very well be the case.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Me, owner of the Husky?

1 step forward. BLAM.

Bye..
So, when I was with my pure Pitbull at the dog park back in the early two thousands, and an elderly gentleman's Boxer charged him, grabbed him by the face, and wouldn't let go, instead of helping the man get his dog off mine (the Boxer actually bit my hand while trying to get a better grip on my dog's face), I should have drawn and fired?? Got it.

I've been dog bit several times years ago. Won't happen again.

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/29/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a female Pitt mix...Best and sweetest dog ever.

living the good life every day
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Me, owner of the Husky?

1 step forward. BLAM.

Bye..

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps you should not own dogs.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

That makes sense for you.

Best at what? Bringing you boosters?

I am MAGA.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bry
Could very well be the case.

Had a similar experience as a kid, the guy offed his wife with in weeks.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Rapier
The handler was the one out of control of the dog. If you can not control your dog, you have no business owning that dog. I am a dog person, grew up on a farm, I do not tolerate animals that cause any problem for me or a neighbor of any kind. If they do not mind, or obey commands, that is a real problem.

Just carry a can of premium starter fluid, is great for dog control, it is pure ether and will put the baddest dog down in an instant. Does an instant sull and stun on a dog, when sprayed in the dog's face. The olfactory nerve sensors 12 times stronger than an human, are overcome, and they connect direct to the dog's brain.

For aggressive people, forget pepper spray, use wasp spray, it sprays in a stream, blinds instantly, is a guaranteed trip to the emergency room. Never can tell when you might get a wasp in your vehicle or office.

Can’t say about the starter fluid. The wasp spray thing is an urban legend and total BS. Guy on YouTube intentionally sprayed himself to check and it was not worse than an inconvenience. DON’T rely on it unless you have a death wish.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I have had dogs for years
Last one was a Catahoula Pitt mix and this one boxer Pitt
mix. Both really great dogs

living the good life every day
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Me, owner of the Husky?

1 step forward. BLAM.

Bye..

Your situation was different.

You do you. You're in a blue blue blue county. I guess you'd want to consider that.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Oh heck yeah. 😳

Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
It's funny I've been spending a lot of time in Central America. They don't seem to have the same problem with the blacks or the pitbulls we have here in my experience. The ones I have dealt with in the black community are well articulate and have jobs and raise their kids well. And the pitbulls have been very friendly

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When you own any dangerous breed , you need to be smarter than the dog, and consistent with training. Many that own Pit Bulls aren't either.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Pitt Bull owners are always quick to say my dog has never acted aggressively. Or not my dog, she is a female and as sweet as can be. Or my dog wouldn't hurt anybody.

The daughter of a friend of mine had a pitt bull. Same story, my dog wouldn't hurt a flea. Well one day, for no apparent reason, the pitt bull attacked there 2 year old boy. The dog latched on to his face and almost killed him. The boy was airlifted via trauma helicopter to a trauma center. He's lucky he survived.

They are all good dogs, until they are not. And when that trigger gets pulled very bad things happen. It may never happen, but the potential is ALWAYS there.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same thing as loading one of your guns, taking the safety off, and telling your kids here go play with this. Ticking time bomb.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Pitbulls used to be very controlled and those people who were in the game knew the other people in the game. OFRN or Colby lines were very controlled. It took the Gangstas in the late 90s and early 00s to get involved in the breed and let some of the working dogs be turned over to rescues and the gp. A gamebred dog is never aggressive towards a human unless it directed to. They are just too dangerous. They would get put down. Pitbulls require another level of mastery and concrete authoritarian control. Most modern dogs don't get that and have owners that don't know. People who have real pitts should know their history.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yeah, until it's not! And it attacks a 3 year old kid. \No one knows what makes a good pit turn ferocious. They are worthless to me. They kill more humans every year than all the other dog breads combined. Not even close. If someone owns one and it hurts someone in my family, it's not only the dog that is fuugged! Not picking on you Champlain Islander. I know you are a good dude but I disagree with you on this one. It's not a matter of if with pit bulls, it's when. And it's always the same thing! He has never done anything like that before!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Pitbulls used to be very controlled and those people who were in the game knew the other people in the game. OFRN or Colby lines were very controlled. It took the Gangstas in the late 90s and early 00s to get involved in the breed and let some of the working dogs be turned over to rescues and the gp. A gamebred dog is never aggressive towards a human unless it directed to. They are just too dangerous. They would get put down. Pitbulls require another level of mastery and concrete authoritarian control. Most modern dogs don't get that and have owners that don't know. People who have real pitts should know their history.

I know their history. They kill more humans every single year than all the other breeds combined. How's that for history. It is what it is. I would not hesitate to put one down.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 222ND, 2003and2013, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,790
Posts18,477,303
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.