Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
quote from Jesus Christ
Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Liberal churches across the country are embracing Biden's Transgender Day of Visibility, in spite of the Bible's warnings against homosexuality and cross dressing. These are fake churches that don't teach the word of God. Jesus said that we are to have faith in him and follow his commandments. These people are throwing those commandments back in Jesus' face and they'll pay the penalty for doing so.

Liberal churches celebrate Transgender Day of Visibility on Easter this year: 'DRAG ME TO CHURCH'
The Biden White House also declared Easter Sunday Transgender Day of Visibility
Kyle Morris By Kyle Morris Fox News
Published March 30, 2024 3:49pm EDT

A handful of liberal churches, religious groups and LGBTQ+ organizations are celebrating the fact that Transgender Day of Visibility, recognized each year on March 31, falls on Easter Sunday in 2024.

Easter Sunday, which is not a fixed date, also falls on March 31, marking one of the most important liturgical celebrations as millions of Christians commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Though Transgender Day of Visibility has been celebrated since 2009 on March 31, several liberal religious and non-religious organizations have rejoiced that Easter will fall on the same day. Some churches are superimposing transgender themes on Easter celebrations.

In commentary shared by Rachael Ward, the United Church of Christ’s minister for Gender and Sexuality Justice Ministries, the author declared that "LGBTQ+ people need a resurrection moment where death does not have the word and love transcends hate."

BIDEN SLAMMED ON SOCIAL MEDIA AFTER ANNOUNCING TRANSGENDER DAY OF VISIBILITY ON EASTER SUNDAY
Easter, Transgender Day of Visibility

A handful of liberal churches, religious groups and LGBTQ+ organizations are celebrating the fact that Transgender Day of Visibility, which is now recognized each year on March 31, falls on Easter Sunday in 2024. (Getty Images)

"The resurrection story holds for LGBTQ+ people of faith the ultimate promise and truth: God is constantly coming out for your love and your personhood. And God knows intimately the ways it aches when those around us deny us of our rights to be human and in relationship to each other," Ward wrote in an article published on the Ohio-based, socially liberal protestant church's website.

"Resurrection this Easter Sunday can look like uplifting not just the disparities trans and non-binary siblings are facing, but offering space for their gifts from God to be celebrated.," Ward added.

To celebrate Easter in Canada, the Calgary Unitarians, a liberal religious organization, is incorporating a drag show as part of its Sunday service that will show "support [for] our Trans Siblings" and serve as a "sacred act of protest."

"This will be a thought-provoking service and sacred act of protest as we support our Trans Siblings during this current political climate. We'll exploring the concept of TRANSformation in today's society with DRAG Queen performances and story time, singing, dancing, and thought provoking speakers," the group wrote on Facebook earlier this month."

A California church is also planning to interweave its celebration of Easter with this year's Transgender Day of Visibility by recognizing "trans and nonbinary people" in a new photo-text exhibit that will be available for viewing for three Sundays beginning on March 31.
Transgender flag gender affirming care

A California church is also planning to interweave its celebration of Easter with this year's Transgender Day of Visibility by recognizing "trans and nonbinary people" in a new photo-text exhibit that will be available for viewing for three Sundays beginning on March 31. (Getty)

Dubbed the "New life, fuller life, authentic life," the Easter Sunday service at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Palo Alto will be held on March 31 and will be led by church Revs. Amy Zucker Morgenstern and Catherine Boyle.

"How appropriate that Easter and the Transgender Day of Visibility coincide this year! The trans and nonbinary people shown with their families in the photo-text exhibit that opens today at UUCPA exemplify the joyful rebirth one can experience by being authentically oneself with others," the pair of church leaders shared in a post to the church's website.

"All of us, no matter what our gender identity, are called again and again to fuller life. To respond to the call, we may feel we are dying to the old self and being reborn. In this intergenerational Easter Sunday service, let us celebrate one another’s courageous, faithful leaps into new life, and the love that makes them possible," they added.

Last week, Pride Source, a Michigan-based publication, also urged its readers to go "to church (or temple), observe trans day of visibility, catch a queer film, [and/or] see an aerial drag performance" to celebrate the Transgender Day of Visibility.

In a list of suggestions, the publication urged its readers to take part in "a religious Easter service on March 31 at a local queer-affirming church."

"Places like the First Congregational Church of Ann Arbor (fccannarbor.org), where out lesbian head minister Rev. Dr. Darcy Crain leads congregants in joyful, fully inclusive services each week and a sign along State Street reads, ‘God’s doors are open to all,’ welcome local LGBTQ+ community members to join them on Easter Sunday," the publication noted.

The celebrations come amid President Biden's issuing of an official proclamation on Friday declaring March 31 as the Transgender Day of Visibility.

"On Transgender Day of Visibility, we honor the extraordinary courage and contributions of transgender Americans and reaffirm our Nation’s commitment to forming a more perfect Union — where all people are created equal and treated equally throughout their lives," a statement released by the White House read.
Biden, Easter bunny

President Biden and first lady Jill Biden are shown at the annual Easter Egg Roll held on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, D.C., on April 10, 2023. (Celal Gunes/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

"Today, we send a message to all transgender Americans: You are loved. You are heard. You are understood. You belong. You are America, and my entire Administration and I have your back," it continued.

Several social media users, including former GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy and other Republican lawmakers, called Biden out on X for the declaration.

Traditional Christians regard transgender ideology as contrary to the Gospel.

Pope Francis has repeatedly warned of the "dangers" of gender ideology. "Why is it dangerous? Because it blurs differences and the value of men and women," the Pope said in November.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Our church's Ministry Residency program accepted an openly lesbian young woman, she dressed like a man and brought her wife to church. Ours is an older conservative congregation, they tolerated this for a little while before some of the members ran her off. Part of her duties were working with young children, I wondered how the rest of the pastoral staff answered the children's questions about her haircut and masculine style of dress. There's a place for those individuals, just not in mainstream congregations.

Last edited by gunswizard; 03/30/24.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Up

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“Churches,” 😂 those are FAKE “churches”. 🤪

Doesn’t the Scripture teach that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord ???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Our church's Ministry Residency program accepted an openly lesbian young woman, she dressed like a man and brought her wife to church. Ours is an older conservative congregation, they tolerated this for a little while before some of the members ran her off. Part of her duties were working with young children, I wondered how the rest of the pastoral staff answered the children's questions about her haircut and masculine style of dress. There's a place for those individuals, just not in mainstream congregations.

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Any church should have strict rules about who teaches, especially children. All sinners require the Lord but that doesn't mean that they should be given this kind of responsibility.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I fully agree with what's been mentions about LBTQ, ETC.
BUT, in reference to the scripture presented, the same fate the homosexuals have, is also true for adulterers.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
BUT, in reference to the scripture presented, the same fate the homosexuals have, is also true for adulterers.

Yeah, it might be a little depressing for most to actually flesh that one out.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The wages of sin is death.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This is true but an aldulterer can confess and ask for forgiveness for the sin and be forgiven. Most likely the homosexual, etc will continue in their sin and not ask for forgiveness. Sin can be forgiven but not if it continues and the forgiveness is not asked for.
Take care, and Happy Easter,
Rick

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickinTN
This is true but an aldulterer can confess and ask for forgiveness for the sin and be forgiven. Most likely the homosexual, etc will continue in their sin and not ask for forgiveness. Sin can be forgiven but not if it continues and the forgiveness is not asked for.
Take care, and Happy Easter,
Rick
I was just getting ready to type about the same thing. Those in adultery know what they're doing is wrong and will often repent. Queers think they're normal and refuse to repent even when they read the scripture that tells them how wrong they are.

But, my OP was about the churches that are encouraging them to sin, telling them that it's normal. Then there are the kids involved:

Mt 18:6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

There are kids in those churches who believe in Jesus. If they get led into sin because of what they hear in church, it's not going to go well for those who cause it.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
‘And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Sounds like what I’ll tell the ex when child support is over. 😁

Just adding some levity. I appreciate the sentiment of the original post.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 30 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.