Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Stophel
These giant corporations aren't really "people".... not like some particular individual you can call an "American" or a "foreigner". They are business entities that can be based in any country they like at any time. Simply open an office in the US, and bam, they're an "American" company.

It they have a home office right? A base of operations?

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What gets me about the shortages is that what is readily available, is exactly what everyone is saying is being bought up by governments and militaries: US and others. That being, bulk pack 5.56/.223 Rem and 7.62/308 Win. I can go to any store in town and buy as many 500 round bulk packs of those rounds as I want. Pistol ammo, which the left also desperately wants us to not have has also never really been in short supply the last several years.

It is the normal hunting bullets and non handgun rate powders that have been hard to get. Normal hunting rifle ammo is becoming more and more available, but the pistol and 5.56/7.62 rounds have been readily available through this whole SNAFU.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
What gets me about the shortages is that what is readily available, is exactly what everyone is saying is being bought up by governments and militaries: US and others. That being, bulk pack 5.56/.223 Rem and 7.62/308 Win. I can go to any store in town and buy as many 500 round bulk packs of those rounds as I want. Pistol ammo, which the left also desperately wants us to not have has also never really been in short supply the last several years.

It is the normal hunting bullets and non handgun rate powders that have been hard to get. Normal hunting rifle ammo is becoming more and more available, but the pistol and 5.56/7.62 rounds have been readily available through this whole SNAFU.

We sure had a drought up here.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What kind of ammo do you see in BFE?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What kind of ammo do you see in BFE?

There was literally nothing for over a year. Like 18 months.

But then the nato stuff did come trickling in kinda like Tinman said.

Now there is some of about everything....except for the weird stuff I want.

We are the first to lose supply and the last to get it back.

But I really can't complain since we are literally the farthest from anything in the lower 48.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Just 1 more reason that you better have the capability to reload and make your own ammo. Mb

Who will be supplying your primers?

Sounds like another offer is in play for an Texas based American buyer. Lets pray cooler heads prevail w wiser decisions.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by MAC
I have been handloading for well over 40 years and have enough components on hand to shoot for the rest of my life. The things I don't handload, 22LR, 12 Ga, 410 etc... I have several thousand rounds stocked up. If you did not see this sort of thing happening you are either blind or stupid.

Or didn’t have enough disposable income to invest the thousands of dollars on it. Some of us were pretty played out financially raising a family.

Virtue signaling about owning all that is like posting a pics of a garage full of expensive hot rods in response to a guy looking for an affordable car for his kid.

bobber and worm thrown out...pond dry....cast in another hole...bob

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Just 1 more reason that you better have the capability to reload and make your own ammo. Mb

Who will be supplying your primers?

Sounds like another offer is in play for an Texas based American buyer. Lets pray cooler heads prevail w wiser decisions.

Primers are one of those things that people should have looked ahead and seen becoming scarce. It happened when OBozo was in office and if you didn't see it happening when Joey came in office you simply were not paying attention. When Joey took office I made sure I had thousands of large rifle and large rifle magnums on hand. Even now I will grab a thousand primers every time I see them. If I don't use them I can always trade them for other components. I don't load small rifle or handgun so I just made sure I had several thousand rounds for those firearms on hand.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
So for those that think foreign ownership will have a negative effect on US private citizen ammo buyers versus typical US ownership, why do you think that?

My opinion is more than likely no difference between foreign owned and typical US ownership for US private citizens.

There may be a slight possibility of improvement looking at things like born in the USA Bill Ruger's personal vendetta against serfs accessing concealable pistols, standard capacity magazines, flash suppressors, and bayonet lugs not being a US firearms industry anomaly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have more then enough

My kids will divide it in half and have more then enough

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Strop10
So for those that think foreign ownership will have a negative effect on US private citizen ammo buyers versus typical US ownership, why do you think that?

My opinion is more than likely no difference between foreign owned and typical US ownership for US private citizens.

There may be a slight possibility of improvement looking at things like born in the USA Bill Ruger's personal vendetta against serfs accessing concealable pistols, standard capacity magazines, flash suppressors, and bayonet lugs not being a US firearms industry anomaly.

Having worked for multiple foreign owned companies, public and private, I have a $100 bill that says when push comes to shove, a foreign owner will take care of their own first, without a single thought/care/concern about negative impact to American citizens. Book it. It is the way of the world. Only in America is there a concept of "Fair Play."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 1Longbow, 21, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,689
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.