Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Anyone who ends a post with "here endeth the lesson" should be kicked in the Easter eggs.

Ever get the feeling you're playing the other guys game and have no chance?

Originally Posted by The WIZARD
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/31/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB4

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Tention ho not gettin enough tention.

Well said...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 12344mag
A toxic poster starts a toxic thread about other toxic posters.........

Oh the Irony........

It's harder to forgive you for not knowing the difference between irony and hypocracy.
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
It is ironic that a toxic poster creates a post denigrating other posters that he feels are toxic.

It is hypocrisy that the toxic poster denies his toxicity.

It is ironic that the above mentioned poster then states that another poster should know the difference between hypocrisy and irony, while not understanding the actual difference and simultaneously misspelling "hypocrisy".

Thus endeth the lesson.

Failing to understand the difference between hipocracy and irony runs rampant here on the fire.

It's hypocritical a poster with such a failing would try and provide a lesson on such things.

It's ironic that I shall now take him to school by properly using the phrase he misquoted.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Anyone who ends a post with "here endeth the lesson" should be kicked in the Easter eggs.

I'd kick you in the Easter eggs. If you had any.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

LOL.

No, you wouldn't even try.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[img]Quoted: Not my finest hour. It seems a 103 deg temp, lots of cough med, and a bit of tequila can make dumb [bleep] seem funny. I don't remember much from that night. That followed a few days of trying to explain to GD that there are real ligit reasons why bumpstocks were a threat to getting a good ruling from SCOTUS on State level AWBs. There are real reasons 2nd A scholars like David Kopel and Stephen Hallbrook, the NRA, the NSSF and most saw bumpstocks as a way to use the problematic dicta in the Heller Decision when the right AWB case hits SCOTUS.[/img]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I apologize profusely, as it appears that phrase has now been adopted by the ironic hypocrite.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Partsman
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A unarmed canuk living under the boot of tyranny won't understand but (Cargill) Bumpstocks are before SCOTUS right now. It will be a loser and damage 2nd A rights here in the USA.

This attempt at whining won't age well.

That said I am a bit prickly about those that attempt to restrict my 2nd A rights, sort of like G Washington and the rest of the Founding Fathers.

Canuks won't understand but will whine, lucky for them they never could own a bumpstock, much less an AR.

I apologize profusely, as it appears that phrase has now been adopted by the ironic hypocrite.

LOL.

Tried to swin in the deep end with the big boys. Didn't work out quite the way you dreamed?

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/31/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No, you wouldn't even try.

You're right. I wouldn't have to.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
OH chit the children are acting up on the playground.
When are they not around this pig pen.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Tention ho not gettin enough tention.

Well said...

Originally Posted by 12344mag
A toxic poster starts a toxic thread about other toxic posters.........

Oh the Irony........

It's harder to forgive you for not knowing the difference between irony and hypocracy.

It is ironic that a toxic poster creates a post denigrating other posters that he feels are toxic.

It is hypocrisy that the toxic poster denies his toxicity.

It is ironic that the above mentioned poster then states that another poster should know the difference between hypocrisy and irony, while not understanding the actual difference and simultaneously misspelling "hypocrisy".

Thus endeth the lesson.
Yeah, burns and vocabulary are strangers. I stopped trying to introduce them when I decided I enjoyed the humor too much.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Happy Easter to all. grin

As we celebrate this day of forgiveness I thought it might be fitting to remember those Pathological Liars who are no longer here at our beloved 24hr Campfire.

Sort of a list of those who Fucked Around and Found Out and their leaving made the Campfire just a bit nicer and less toxic.

In no particular order:

KSMITH. Posted as a fake SEAL and claimed Stolen Valour. Many here were taken in by the lies but Lucky for you fellars I saw the truth. Runs a sockpuppet or 2 still but hides in shame.

Rene50. Guy with plenty of demons. Wanted to be paid for posting. Needed to be taken out behind the woodshed more than once for his toxic attitude here on the Campfire. In his defense he was a good dink shooter.

Rektbutt/Frud. Just couldn't stay on the wagon and got really envious when he drank, which was always.

Tactical Travis. Poor fella had a long history here but the booze always got to him. Tried doxxing members and ironically caught the doxxing boomerang. It's sad.

On a more positive note many of our posters here who were toxic from time to time have attempted to be better people and contribute something more than a continuous stream of insults, envy, and bitching. Hooray for them. Let us hope they stay positive and not fall back down into the pit of toxic envy.

Link to Old Pathological Liar Thread

Originally Posted by The 24hr Campfire Members

Did I miss the election where you were voted to be the hall monitor here?

Montana MOFO
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
A guy comes out of retirement and doesn't even get mentioned. Thought this would be the appropriate place to re-post a couple stories.

I was working for a smaller security organization, me were regularly rotated between 4 stations. A local Food City supermarket was designated Sector Alpha-Niner, the Jiffy Lube was Bravo-Lima-Fiver, the local $1 movie theater was Golf-16 and finally, the most coveted assignment, the local mall or Zebra-1.Back then, before the corporate sponsorship, our gear was severely limited due to out of pocket expenses. I was armed with a Glock17 and a Rem870. On this fateful day my team was assigned to patrol Sector Zebra-1, the mall. It was an uneventful day, until the unthinkable happened…It was about 8:45PM, and the mall was closing and nearly empty. Me and my ’shadow’ were sweeping quadrant 069E, the mall arcade, a known hotspot for Gangs and assorted thugs. The arcade was located at the far east end of the mall, next to the movie theater and the Orange Julius.

I smelled trouble, and couldn’t spot any movement from the arcade, which was unusual due to the presence of a new Mortal Compact arcade game. Those Asians Gangs love Mortal Combat. I went to “condition red,” and discretely unholstered my Glock17. I motioned to my partner to sweep right to flank the arcade, but he was already in motion sensing the trouble in my facial expression. My partner drew his S&W 1006 and went prone behind a potted palm tree. I crept towards the arcade, when the power went out. It was an ambush! I could still see relatively well due to the full moon, shining through the building’s skylights. A perp popped up from behind the Orange Julius counter with a full auto AK sporting a 75rd drum. He opened up in the direction of my partner, meanwhile two perps popped up from behind the skeeball machine with sawed off 12 gauges. Another two perps appeared on the upper level and brought down hell-fire on us from above. They both seemed to have bolt actions of some sort, it was difficult to tell. I dove under a metal bench, and lined my sights on the AK bandit. A double-tap to the chest, and a quick follow-up to the head brought him down like a sack of potatoes. My partner had been hit in the leg by some buckshot but he kept fighting like a champ, he took out one of the shotgunners with the Smith. I then started unloading into the glass partition that surrounded the upper level. When the sniper ran for cover I drew a bead on him, adjusted for distance, and dropped him. His partner, wanting no more, started to run. I did a quick tactical reload, grabbed the 870P from the harness on my back, and did some rolls over to the movie theater and back flipped over the concession counter while unloading the 5 rounds of 000 into the skeeball machine. It was a site to behold. I tossed the empty 870, and realized I couldn’t hit the remaining perp due to my the poor angle of attack. I had to act fast or my partner was done for. I leap over the counter again, and low crawled towards the arcade unseen. I crept behind the Mrs. PacMan game, and when I heard the perp reload, jumped up with my trusty K-Bar, and threw it into the perp’s arm, pinning him against the wall behind him.

When the smoke cleared, we had three dead perps, and two very scared prisoners. My partner suffered a flesh wound but he would live to fight another day. The company goons came in fast by chopper, to cover up the situation. The remaining perps were flown to a company detention center, and we never found out what happened to them, or why they made such a vicious attack. The remaining customers and employees were paid off to cover their emotional distress and to keep their mouths shut. Later an unknown shadowy figure in an expensive black suit (obviously a high ranking company guy) came to me as I was reloading my Rem870 (in case of a second wave of attackers) and offered me the job opportunity of a lifetime…

This one happened early in my career before working at my current location.

After the team made their final sweep for the the night, we determined everything was 5 x 5 and I let all but two guys head home. The remaining three of use stuck around to take care of a few minor duties. About an hour in, my man watching the security cameras informs me some old coot is driving like a lunatic in the parking lot. So I head to HQ to see whats what. Sure enough, some old fart and a kid are driving like idiots in a DeLorean. I'm like "not on my watch". So we arm for bear and head to the parking lot to straighten this fellow out.

We jump on the modified carts and head to the parking lot. As we round the corner of J.C. Penny, I see a VW bus come from out of no where firing on the kid and old man. They catch the old man and drop him. Sadly, we were too far away to make any difference at that point but we opened fire anyway.

The kid, dressed in a yellow Hazmat suit, wtf, jumps into the DeLorean and takes off. The VW bus takes after him and we take after the bus. An epic chase ensues. We're shooting at the bus, a guy is shooting at the DeLorean, and the woefully powered DeLorean is trying to outrun the both of us.

Now this is where it goes sideways. The DeLorean manages to find a long straight spot. Not sure how fast they were going but I'm guessing around 90. All of the sudden, this lighting bolt hits the car and it fcking disappears. The VW blasts an atm and rolls to a stop. We finally catch up. A small firefight ensues before we take thee Libyans into custody. I'm still unsure what that incident was about or where that DeLorean disappeared too.

Just another day in the life of a Rapid Tactical Response Team member.

sic transit gloria
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rost495

Visits farm
Notices pig pen beside barn
Walks over and climbs into pen
Complains about pigs

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

This comment is like hanging out at a strip club complaining about women getting naked for money.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

This comment is like hanging out at a strip club complaining about women getting naked for money.
This is an excellent analogy.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[

LOL.

Tried to swin [sic] in the deep end with the big boys. Didn't work out quite the way you dreamed?

Big boy: Rotund adolescent.

Your terms are acceptable.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

This is an excellent analogy.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
laffin’

Sobriety, it’s not a terminal condition.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 22250rem, 1minute, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 65 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,065
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.