Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ferney’s is his main haunt! You e probably run into him there.
Rod’s a pretty good guy, except when he called me a “greasy wop ”!😀 (I’m English, German and Hunky)😀
I was up to see him before hunting season, but I believe he’s staying closer to home now.
We used to hunt Pleasantville Mountain together.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i probably know him to see him.

the Pleasantville Mountain i only hunted one time. i'd say it's an 88 degree slope crazy and you have a rifle in one hand, tree on the other and your feet are hurting on the side being dug in with every step. since my dad died, dad and i would ride around Babcock Forest, from Beaverdale to Dunlo to Central City and then to Ogletown. back in the day, dad and i would hunt that. being that he had bad back and a bum leg and i had stroke that left me with my right side was around 20% good, we would ride around with our mobile deer stand aka Ford 250. we would always come home empty handed. we see deer, but we couldn't take the prisoner and then load the deer in the bed of the truck and then shoot the deer. we just ride around drinking coffee and eating snacks. seeing deer was just a bonus. besides, i ain't getting out of the nice warm mobile deer stand!!!

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
My Aunt was in the 1977 flood. I think she was in late high school or just out of high school. My dad's family is from the Somerset Johnstown area. He moved to Wyoming after he was done with his service during Vietnam. We would go back and visit family every few years or so. Blough is the family name. He went to school at Conemaugh township and was from Hollsopple. I still have some cousins in the Windber and Johnstown area.

We toured the flood museum quite a while back. Very interesting history. I saw a documentary on the history channel I think a while ago as well.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
From 56 north towards the pipeline it’s dang steep, but there’s old logging roads that go down at a angle, and other than trees blown across, it’s not bad walking. A fellow can see down over and take his time.
Further north from the pipeline, it’s not that steep and it’s nice hunting. We would usually leave a ride at the road down below and hunt down to it. Each of us has their own hollow to hunt, and we all come together at the vehicle.
But the trouble is the deer ain’t up there like they were 15 years ago. Most have moved down to the hollows and valleys where there’s corn and an orchard or two.
I like to hunt it, but now it’s just a walk in the woods for old time’s sake!😀
We used to kill deer up there, but it’s been probably 15 years since the the last one we drug down.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,928
Posts18,498,623
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.