Print Thread
Hop To
C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
6-7 years ago I got the itch for a steel, Know Your Limits target but I left it with a buddy when I moved East.
This is the latest, set up to hang on my target hanger board in the back pasture,
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Holes are 7/8" down to 1/4".

Shoot well and flip the flipper up. shoot them back down.

Paper targets are great but threading my shots through the hole prove I'm shooting well, or not..

10 shots, 1 point for each shot made for the big dot, 20 points for each shot made for the small dot, miss a shot and lose your points!
It's fun to hear a ping with a good hit and a thud with a miss.

Last edited by colodog; 04/01/24. Reason: add comment

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Pretty ingenious. I like it. Should be great practice. I have always thought the 2" target to be way too big in that challenge anyway. However, it does help to make sure you are zeroed in, in an actual match. Biggest targets start at 2", and work down to 1/4". 8 targets total. Yours is a cool idea though. One thing I also don't like about regular KYL targets, is it seems like they need to be painted often, or we get a lot of complaints that people can't see them well enough. Especially the 1/4". Have a lot of old guys in my club. ha ha.. Thanks for sharing.

As for paper or steel, doesn't make any difference to me, as long as I'm pulling the trigger..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I haven't tried this particular target yet, but I used the previous one quite a bit. It's fun!

Another nice thing about these is the sound. A miss is kind of a clank, while a hit is a clear ping sound. It's clear to hear with muffs on.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
That is pretty slick.

I've got a standard KYL that I bought off of amazon, works great, very portable but spotting a miss is a PITA.

For the regular NRL TGTs I made hangers so I could use my 2/3rds IDPA silhouettes as backers, they give off a slightly different sound VS a hit on the swinger. :

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The portable stands make it easier to change up the distances.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,125
Posts18,483,808
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.