O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This pisses me off !!!!!!

JTGWW

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
OMG, this has probably been going on for ever, cameras are now showing it. My dad is to the point of needing 24 hr care because of him falling, he lives in his house on Ranch, can’t hire people out here to help, at 94 we are thinking about a home for him, we couldn’t stand for any bad care or abuse, he’s very independent.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Rent a copy of the movie The Good Nurse. It'll give you some perspective on some "care givers."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am in an assisted living facility every week as I conduct a church service every Sunday evening for them... been doing it for years and consider the people there family... I do not think this goes on at it but I have to admit if I ever saw it, I might get put in jail for punching someone in the mouth... sad being a preacher but I hope I could hold my temper enough to just call the cops... Hopefully my wife would be with me to assist in that. kind of like an adult beating a small child, terrible.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, this and having spent time volunteering in these warehouses, I've told my family that I will never, ever go in one. I will make my own arrangements, thanks.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Sad

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
This pisses me off !!!!!!

JTGWW

Jumped The Gun Without Watching

They didn't treat the poor ole lady bad, it would take a patient person to deal with that atmosphere 40 hours a week.
Bless the good workers, blast the bad ones.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My mom now has 24 hour care, 7 days a week, and lives in a two bedroom cottage. We hired the caregivers ourselves because the facilities caregivers just could not quit screwing up her meds and monitor her health properly.

They were never abusive but there were too many layers of bureaucracy in the facility to ensure proper care. Ironically, the checks and balances put in place to improve care had the opposite effect, bogging down caregivers with an excess workload and diminishing positive results.

Her health has improved dramatically as well as her quality of life now that she has constant companionship and direct care.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Well, this and having spent time volunteering in these warehouses, I've told my family that I will never, ever go in one. I will make my own arrangements, thanks.

Yep. That's why if you sell your gun collection, you always keep a .38 for "your own use." wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
My mom now has 24 hour care, 7 days a week, and lives in a two bedroom cottage. We hired the caregivers ourselves because the facilities caregivers just could not quit screwing up her meds and monitor her health properly.

They were never abusive but there were too many layers of bureaucracy in the facility to ensure proper care. Ironically, the checks and balances put in place to improve care had the opposite effect, bogging down caregivers with an excess workload and diminishing positive results.

Her health has improved dramatically as well as her quality of life now that she has constant companionship and direct care.

Was this before or after your sister whats-Her-tits lit you up on here about it?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'll eat a bullet before I ever go to one! Seen enought of them, and the Chit that goes on there!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Angus55
OMG, this has probably been going on for ever, cameras are now showing it. My dad is to the point of needing 24 hr care because of him falling, he lives in his house on Ranch, can’t hire people out here to help, at 94 we are thinking about a home for him, we couldn’t stand for any bad care or abuse, he’s very independent.

Have you asked him what he wants?

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I want him to stay in house until he passes, my crazy ass sister is now involved because my wife has been taking care of me after open heart, she is threatening all kinds of stuff, he was happy and well taken care of , I and wife have power and in charge of everything and she can’t stand it , I would be down there with both feet in her ass, but I’m not supposed to get involved or get excited, everything was smooth and happy, my Dad will never go to a home, we have taken care of him for 14 years, but when money is involved people true character shines through.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They didn't treat the poor ole lady bad, it would take a patient person to deal with that atmosphere 40 hours a week.

More brusque or callous on the part of the two aides than I’d like to be treated, but I wouldn’t call that abuse. Unless the one gal was muffling the old lady using a towel. And the “ being hit by a pillow “?? That to me seemed on the playful side.

I hope grandma was able to find care after those individuals were jailed. If left to the children, day after day, I bet she suffered worse.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Angus55
I want him to stay in house until he passes, my crazy ass sister is now involved because my wife has been taking care of me after open heart, she is threatening all kinds of stuff, he was happy and well taken care of , I and wife have power and in charge of everything and she can’t stand it , I would be down there with both feet in her ass, but I’m not supposed to get involved or get excited, everything was smooth and happy, my Dad will never go to a home, we have taken care of him for 14 years, but when money is involved people true character shines through.

Damn. That's a bad one.

Sorry.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

More brusque or callous on the part of the two aides than I’d like to be treated, but I wouldn’t call that abuse. Unless the one gal was muffling the old lady using a towel. And the “ being hit by a pillow “?? That to me seemed on the playful side.

I hope grandma was able to find care after those individuals were jailed. If left to the children, day after day, I bet she suffered worse.
You're probably right.

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

I'm with you. I ran hundreds of calls in nursing homes when I was a paramedic. I won't go in to a nursing home, would much rather be dead.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1234, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,649
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.