Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Absolutely impossible. 1000's of species of mammals on the earth during this time period. Including all the ones on Africa and the north like grizzly, polar bears, etc. How could they even visit all the continents to capture all the animals?
The sheer amount of animals, and capturing them, and storing the food, feeding them, building the cages, the ark, etc. The ark would of had to been at least the size of an air craft carrier.
Complete and total fairy tale.

And, how could it rain for 40 days and 40 nights and cover the entire earth? I wanna know who the Jim Cantore was back in the day that predicted this rain storm.

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Was just thinking, were all the marine life sparred ?

the ones that died were '...animals that crawled or crept on the ground AND had the breath of life in it's nostrils...'

Marine life and plants were spared...

So is it breath that gives us life according to the Bible? That breath of life keeps coming up in it:

Genesis 2:7 "Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IF - The Med was a below sea level lake at the time, and...
IF - Gibraltar was a natural barrier to the Atlantic ocean, and...
IF - It failed catastrophically, rapidly creating the current geological condition?

I believe it.

GR

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Science always has the answers. Science always believe their answer explains everything. Science says everyone must believe what they say is true.

No it doesn't. It says "here's what we believe today and if you have a better theory let's hear it."

Is that what school books say when they present science to students? Is that what they say about evolution?

You're being disingenuous. And no I'm not the least bit interested in arguing today.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Good point Hastings! I never thought of that. The earth could have been a flatter place way back. In my youth I lived in a small town named Ione. Driving down highway 88 , on both sides of the road were small hills. There was a line so to speak about 25 feet above the highway in the hills with lava rock exposed. It’s like a high water mark. Whenever I drive through the area, those thoughts go through my head on a theory that it’s a high water marking. The area I’m trying to recall is about 200 feet above sea level. While I do believe in science, we still have a lot to learn.

The flood is feasible if you look at the breakup of Pangea in a few years instead of millions of years. It wasn't all rain. The Bible says that much of the water came from underground. Think about a very flat Pangea and a shallow ocean. Pangea started to break apart and that released vast basins of water under tremendous pressure. It also says that mountains rose up and the valleys sank. As the water was squeezed out, the tectonic plates sank and twisted leaving high mountain ranges and deep ocean trenches. All the water that used to be under ground is now on top of it. Animals from the ark spread out and multiplied. They occupied various parts of Pangea and as it drifted apart, it ended up with different kinds of animals on different continents.
That would also line up with the later event of the tower of Babel. God scrambled the people's languages and out of fear, they spread out from each other. They spread over a disintegrating Pangea and were carried to different parts of the world.

Did it happen that way? I don't know, but the Bible does have lots of hints and those hints line up with those events.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
It's just a fictional tale, invented by stone age know-nothings who had no other way of explaining things.

Those who claim they are "obeying the word of God" are actually obeying what some uneducated medieval Catholic monks, three hundred years after Jesus, decided was the "word" of
God. For instance, there are actually 11 (or so) gospels. They picked four.

I believe that more people would become Christians if some Christians would not insist that we believe in outrageous myths. Throw out most of Genesis and all of Revelation. A beast with ten heads and seven horns? Bah.

As an aside, there is no such thing as "settled science."

We have complete copies or parts of at least 60 gospels and know of over 100 total that were written.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Garandimal
IF - It failed catastrophically, rapidly creating the current geological condition?

I believe it.

GR

You're describing a local event, not a world wide event.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes I do! And the rest of the Bible too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Garandimal

I believe it.

GR

You're describing a local event, not a world wide event.

Where did the great flood take place, and who said it was global?

At the time, the Med, and maybe Asia, WAS the world.

GR

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Check out the Lake Missoula flood when a 3000 square mile lake broke loose from its ice dam and came roaring across Idaho and what is now the Scab Lands In Washington state. I bet those survivors had a worldwide flood story.
And it happened a dozen times or more, just in the LAST ice age.

A 2000 ft tall ice dam holding back the equivalent volume of Lakes Erie and Ontario produced a flow equal to 60 Amazon Rivers. The water ran from Montana, across N Idaho, and through Washinton State to the Pacific. The scars are still there plain for all to see 15,000 years later.

But wait, not possible! 15,000 years? That is before creation.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it’s possible that it’s allegory and metaphor. As I think it’s possible that Jonah and the Great Fish, and the literal 6 day Creation account in Genesis (for examples) are allegory and metaphor.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by smokepole
No it doesn't. It says "here's what we believe today and if you have a better theory let's hear it."

Is that what school books say when they present science to students? Is that what they say about evolution?

You're being disingenuous. And no I'm not the least bit interested in arguing today.

Actually yes! If the student is listening. I had learned that science evolves by Seventh Grade.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
In just birdlife alone, thats 216,120 birds to capture. Did that small family run around the globe with butterfly nets and capture them? That feat alone, much less capturing 4,552 rodents and unknown thousands of other mamals would take a lifetime.
Believer or not, take a rational look at the logistics of just building a boat the size of an aircraft carrier, the traveling and capturing that amount of wildlife.....simply impossible.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
In just birdlife alone, thats 216,120 birds to capture. Did that small family run around the globe with butterfly nets and capture them? That feat alone, much less capturing 4,552 rodents and unknown thousands of other mamals would take a lifetime.
Believer or not, take a rational look at the logistics of just building a boat the size of an aircraft carrier, the traveling and capturing that amount of wildlife.....simply impossible.
Well, actually, as I recall it, the story is that God commanded the animals to come to Noah.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Well, actually, as I recall it, the story is that God commanded the animals to come to Noah.

Yo Noah, you got that float ready, we ready to ride.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by kenjs1
In short, yes.
Jim1611- there is a recent documentary I just watched explaining a theory that relates to what you say. Researchers explore the notion that what was thought to have taken hundreds of centuries to form makes more sense when viewed as sudden massive earth upheaval event. The deposition of fossils being one of them. They show what they claim as similar evidence around the globe. I enjoyed it and it certainly seemed worth thinking about while they discussed it. Others of course are likely quick to debunk it.

One thing experience, if not recent events, has taught me is that settled science, isn't.

Thanks for mentioning the documentary. I've watched receding flood waters and how they change things in a matter of days and see the power at work. There is a museum in Kansas City, Mo. that deals with a recovered paddle boat than sank in the Missouri river close to that city years back. It was found under about 20 feet of sand and at least 1/2 mile from the current channel. The river changed course on it's own in under 100 years. It doesn't take thousands of years for water to alter the landscape.

Look at what beavers can accomplish in a week.
When we first bought the property where we currently reside there were beavers present.
They could move the creek channel 50-100' in 7-10 days with ease it seemed.

The Bible says that God is made manifest through his creation. You're right about those beavers. Amazing little dudes!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don't know about the ark story but Alan C is it true that you and Wabi the Inane are directly related? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not even the discovery of Noah’s ark would cause some people to turn to God in faith.

Skeptics, close-minded critics, and atheists abound, as in the days of Noah.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Check out the Lake Missoula flood when a 3000 square mile lake broke loose from its ice dam and came roaring across Idaho and what is now the Scab Lands In Washington state. I bet those survivors had a worldwide flood story.
And it happened a dozen times or more, just in the LAST ice age.

A 2000 ft tall ice dam holding back the equivalent volume of Lakes Erie and Ontario produced a flow equal to 60 Amazon Rivers. The water ran from Montana, across N Idaho, and through Washinton State to the Pacific. The scars are still there plain for all to see 15,000 years later.

But wait, not possible! 15,000 years? That is before creation.

Hmmm

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Not even the discovery of Noah’s ark would cause some people to turn to God in faith.

Skeptics, close-minded critics, and atheists abound, as in the days of Noah.

I don't know that it's so much that people are atheist or don't believe in God, it's just that there are a lot of tales, stories, whatever you wanna call them in the Bible that contradict themselves, don't make sense, or are just outright unbelievable.

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (3333vl, 450yukon, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 26 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,886
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.