Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus never mentioned that someone would come along and write a codicil. Be careful. In addition to Jesus' apostles all the churches in Asia (Ephesus was one) rejected Paul.

The only people who “rejected” Apostle Paul were the Judaizers, who then stirred up other Jews who insisted that the Law of Moses was binding on Christians:

Acts 21:27-28
27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place. KJV

You clearly want to be a modern-day Judaizer and ignore Paul's unique role to the Gentiles that was given to him by Jesus Himself.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is amazing to me that almost every culture around the world has a story of a flood in their beliefs. This had to be based on something.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Absolutely believe it. As I read most arguments against it here, it’s apparent most don’t know what they don’t know and argue from their or just common presumptions.

Their knowledge of and devotion to their religion - science.

Yet you post on a world wide forum, thanks to the work of science.

I utilize it; I don't worship it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scotty
It is amazing to me that almost every culture around the world has a story of a flood in their beliefs. This had to be based on something.

Civilizations begin around rivers and rivers flood?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
People all around the world who have a flood belief must have been flood survivors.

Bruce

Last edited by bcp; 04/03/24.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
In just birdlife alone, thats 216,120 birds to capture. Did that small family run around the globe with butterfly nets and capture them? That feat alone, much less capturing 4,552 rodents and unknown thousands of other mamals would take a lifetime.
Believer or not, take a rational look at the logistics of just building a boat the size of an aircraft carrier, the traveling and capturing that amount of wildlife.....simply impossible.

As you already deny the existence of God, why press it any further. Recognizing God for who He is, needs no scientific evidence to justify His existence…

God is science; the Master scientist. He brought it into being. Scientific study is following His trail of creation and the logistical process that occurred.

This.^^^^^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Westman
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Still a tough pill to swallow that Emus were gathered from Australia, Polar bears from the arctic, Jaguars from South America, Hyenas from Africa, elephants from India etc. All brought back alive to one boat in the Middle East, provisioned for the long boat ride and then released back into the wild and repopulated the earth from the most constricted genetic bottleneck possible.

Agree. Hence, my logistics comment. Doesn't seem possible.

If we are not supposed to take it that literally, what is the explanation?

Best statement so far!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread has climbed to 8 pages in a single day, middle of the week at that!
I think people, even some of those who claim otherwise, are seeing the world going to hell and are looking for answers to life’s mysteries. We are surrounded by a spiritual battle. Satan knows his time is growing shorter, and has put truly evil people in most of the world’s governments. He is destabilizing everything, so that when the Antichrist arises, he can make stability out of the daily chaos in our culture and our world wide society. This will blind many people, even some Christians.
John tells us of a great falling away from the church in the end times. Christ warned us that many would come, claiming to be servants of His, deceiving even the elect.
As time gets shorter, the bad guys are naturally going to be more and more aggressive. Many people have already excepted false teachers and preachers.
Christ warned us that many would claim Him, but He will truly say “depart from me. I never knew you”!
There is much evidence of the Old Testament prophecies even now, being proven correct. Certain books of Old Testament prophecies are doubted by some as being truly old, because they are too accurate!
Not sure, thinking I saw somewhere last week that actual Egyptian chariots from the time of Moses, were discovered on the floor of the Red Sea! (?wish I had read that. If you know of an article I’d appreciate hearing of it)There is evidence of a man named Jesus Christ at that time as well, but as I said, many claim Christ as a prophet, but not His divinity. But there is some evidence of scripture being true, but like I said, if you had real physical evidence, you wouldn’t need faith.
Christ told His disciples that He was the Son Of God. So if you accept Him as a man, but not God In The Flesh, you got some explaining to do, or you’re teaching false doctrine, which Satan does constantly!
True Bible reading Christians will know this, but many churches don’t teach the Bible, only parts of it. Remember, Satan uses scripture himself.
Now it’s true that every generation of believers, many believed they were witnessing the beginning of the time that Daniel and John, many others too, warned us of. To deny this would be false, and I’m not trying to round up converts, I am simply warning those who are thinking that maybe the timing is right. I most certainly believe that the Antichrist will make his appearance in my lifetime. I’m 58 and I’m not figuring on dying of extreme old age!😀 Take it as a warning from someone who has a lot to lose by deceiving people. Act orvdon’t act as your heart tells you.
God doesn’t want you to fear Him. He wants you to look for Him.
As I did on the thread about Do You Believe In God, I’m gonna bow out.
Think on what I have said, and if you have serious questions about something that you think I can help with, I’d be honored to hear from you by PM.
God bless.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only problem with it is that some civilizations were thriving when the flood was supposed to be going on, and had written records of themselves during that time period. For example, the approximate date of the flood as agreed upon by many Creationists would place it at about the year 350 according to the Chinese calendar (It's currently the Chinese year 4720). In other words, the Chinese were recording the date for 350 years already when the flood was supposed to have occurred, and the years continued to be counted without anyone in China noticing that they had all drowned.

A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Reon, I can see you teaching the Bible to young troubled teens who are lacking guidance. I think you would get a lot of satisfaction in this. I have a distant friend that teaches the Bible at a county jail to inmates. He likes it!

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There have always been floods on every continent in the world, tidal surges, heavy rain, rivers overflowing. We have had some here in Australia just recently.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Absolutely believe it. As I read most arguments against it here, it’s apparent most don’t know what they don’t know and argue from their or just common presumptions.

Their knowledge of and devotion to their religion - science.

Yet you post on a world wide forum, thanks to the work of science.

I utilize it; I don't worship it.

No need to. Nobody expects it. Science is a self proven system for studying the natural world.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Floods happen.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Jesus never mentioned that someone would come along and write a codicil. Be careful. In addition to Jesus' apostles all the churches in Asia (Ephesus was one) rejected Paul.

The only people who “rejected” Apostle Paul were the Judaizers, who then stirred up other Jews who insisted that the Law of Moses was binding on Christians:

Acts 21:27-28
27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place. KJV

You clearly want to be a modern-day Judaizer and ignore Paul's unique role to the Gentiles that was given to him by Jesus Himself.
You do recall Paul lamenting to Timothy that "all in Asia" had turned against him? Jesus never endorsed Paul. Certainly not publicly. I'm suspicious of that meeting in the desert and the alleged appearance in the secret chambers of the house of Ananias.

Maybe I am a Judaizer, can you tell me who originated that designation and the definition? Were the original apostles Judaizers? Is the term pejorative or complimentary or maybe just descriptive of a believer in the continuation of the original covenant on the original terms?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of people are haughty. Jesus said to be like these little ones.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus never endorsed Paul.
“…for he (Paul) is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.” - Jesus

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
“…for he (Paul) is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.” - Jesus
There you go again

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I am a Judaizer,…
Yep, you are ~ unlike the Apostle Peter. And unlike James, the brother of Jesus and the leader of the Christian church in Jerusalem. They both made it crystal clear at the Jerusalem Council that not only is the Law of Moses NOT binding on Gentile Christians, but that Jewish Christians are also saved through the grace of Jesus just as the Gentiles are, and NOT by following the Law of Moses.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It wasn't Jesus who wrote the words. It's not a quote from Jesus.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe I am a Judaizer,…
Yep, you are ~ unlike the Apostle Peter. And unlike James, the brother of Jesus and the leader of the Christian church in Jerusalem. They both made it crystal clear at the Jerusalem Council that not only is the Law of Moses NOT binding on Gentile Christians, but that Jewish Christians are also saved through the grace of Jesus just as the Gentiles are, and NOT by following the Law of Moses.
OK, laying that aside why was Paul under such threat in Jerusalem from the original Christians and barely got out alive? Why did the Jerusalem church and all the satellite churches in Asia Minor turn on him? He said they did himself. Then if we are to believe legend he was killed in Rome after a leadership change or he at least disappeared.

I understand salvation is by grace because nobody deserves it but Jesus clearly refers to works as does James.

Signed: Hastings the Judaizer

Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (222Sako, 219DW, 219 Wasp, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 007FJ, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,709
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.