Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by DBT
There are plenty of reasons why human society gets messed up. And it seems the more people there are, the higher the population, the more messed up it gets.

pretty simple.....bob

High population and the internet. Recipe for disaster.

Don't worry, ladies now have only fans as a viable career option.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by DBT
There are plenty of reasons why human society gets messed up. And it seems the more people there are, the higher the population, the more messed up it gets.

pretty simple.....bob

High population and the internet. Recipe for disaster.

Don't worry, ladies now have only fans as a viable career option.

the internet is bringing the whole world down to a lower level ......at least it is doing it equally.....bob

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The "churched" aren't following the moral code of Christianity....why would anyone else?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
one minute you are thinking of "putting a gun under your chin" then the next you are trying to get you son ,dil and nephew to turn to god and accept salvation. alrightey then, sounds normal and stable ....bob

you also said you are getting hostile about them not attending church. didn't that line of thinking start the crusades?

let them make their own decisions , and step back and but out. take a break , you sound like a fanatic......bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Church is a business
Church and state have often worked together for mutual benefit - not to the benefit of the flock
Churches have been joining the "woke" for a long time.

Christianity is being replaced with the religion of Liberalism/Marxism.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I’m posting this in the hopes of hearing the thoughts of other believers, and silence from those who aren’t.
Reon

Such intolerance of all opinions is the secret to your dilemma. Respectful dialogue in sincere debate, as you so plainly demonstrate herein, is no longer possible. In fact it is discouraged. Lines are drawn. Ignorance and hostility is the norm. Until you can acknowledge the worth of those you wish silenced, you are the reason America is failing.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
reading his opening post and then the follow up posts seem to revel an unbalanced individual......extremism whether left or right is not healthy. that is what is killing America....bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
what we need is a watch list.....you know just in case someone may be thinking and they need to be watched.....we can sort it out later and all that....bob

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 Thessalonians 2:3
I think this falling away started some time ago and will continue to spiral downward until something catastrophic happens, bringing them back to God.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Entering ? We have been there for a long time!

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
reading his opening post and then the follow up posts seem to revel an unbalanced individual......extremism whether left or right is not healthy. that is what is killing America....bob

No.

It's greed.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
"Christians" kicked God out of our churches starting in the 1970's. Groups like the leaders of the "Moral Majority" movement started looking to the government to solve Christian problems. Keeping the church and government separate worked fine for nearly 200 years. That was intended to keep the government out of the churches. These people want the church and government to be the same. That is exactly what most early immigrants came to this country to get away from. Instead of making the government less corrupt they have made ALL of our churches corrupt and dishonest.

Instead of growing the church and teaching people about God they ran people off and devoted all their efforts to make sin illegal through government.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The "churched" aren't following the moral code of Christianity....why would anyone else?

Attending church doesn't make you a Christian any more than sitting in your garage makes you a Ford F150. People are simply a bunch of screw-ups, including Christians, who are a work in progress.

Isaiah 5:20
King James Version
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
one minute you are thinking of "putting a gun under your chin" then the next you are trying to get you son ,dil and nephew to turn to god and accept salvation. alrightey then, sounds normal and stable ....bob

you also said you are getting hostile about them not attending church. didn't that line of thinking start the crusades?

let them make their own decisions , and step back and but out. take a break , you sound like a fanatic......bob
You’re dang right! I am a fanatic about my God, My family and my country! (couple more if you add guns and muscle cars!😀) I wish there were more fanatics like me. This country, the whole western world would be a heckuva lot better if there were!
I’m not suicidal, I will never give up on my country! I’m simply stating the facts as I see them.
But I realize that time is running out, and concern for one’s family is completely normal to almost everyone!
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I’m posting this in the hopes of hearing the thoughts of other believers, and silence from those who aren’t.
Reon

[quote]Such intolerance of all opinions is the secret to your dilemma. Respectful dialogue in sincere debate, as you so plainly demonstrate herein, is no longer possible. In fact it is discouraged. Lines are drawn. Ignorance and hostility is the norm. Until you can acknowledge the worth of those you wish silenced, you are the reason America is failing.
Respectful Dialogue is what I’m seeking. You usually get that from fellow Christians, , from non believers, not so much. Relies like the top of this one is unfortunately, the norm.
It’s a gut reaction I think. You’re maybe worried that you might be wrong, so you attack those who are assured. (I daresay that’s human nature)
I feel somewhat helpless when it comes to the salvation of those that I love. Especially when Im MET with hostility. (I do not get hostile with anyone until they themselves bring it on) They’re important to me, and if it’s fanatical to worry about them, like I said, I’ll proudly take that label!😀
As to “entering” as opposed to already living in, I’ll say this. Around here, in rural America, Pennsyltucky, it’s completely normal for church parking lots to be full on Sunday mornings. Thank God for that. Even non believers will admit that this nation was way better off when that was the rule rather than the exception!
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 04/05/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't believe that you have any regrets about creating another thread about faith and religion. And I do have my positive beliefs and faith but am comfortable enough with them not to bloviate to further convince others, or myself, of them.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Without a doubt..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s clearly some evil entities out there that have collectively and effectively been doing all they can to promote the decay and destruction that we see in our society today. Our society is in worse shape nowadays…physically, mentally, and spiritually…than it’s ever been in my entire lifetime.

But the Christian Church, and individual Christians, have got to take some responsibility for this. Evil has been present on the earth for a very long time. And again, our society is in worse shape nowadays…physically, mentally, and spiritually…than it’s ever been in my entire lifetime.

The current generation of leaders in the Christian Church, and individual Christians, are not only losing the conversation with non-Christians…but a lot of the time…they’re not even in the conversation anymore. The conversation needs to change because the current conversation is making less of a difference every day.

Something fundamental is changing in our society, and many Christian leaders, and individual Christians, are missing it. The indifference in our society towards Christianity is growing.

Significantly different times…especially in light of the pitiful condition of our society nowadays…call for significantly different approaches. The apostle Paul varied his approach depending on his audience. When he was specifically to Greeks in Athens he used a different line of argument than when he was speaking to Jews in Judea.

The bottom line is that cultural alarm bells are…and have been…goin’ off that the current approach isn’t working. The Christian Church, and individual Christians (and myself especially) have got to take responsibility for a whole lot of this absolute mess.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember in the mid 70's that Europe was post Christian. I see in my lifetime that the US has been going in that direction.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Are We Entering A Post Christian America?
It’s been going in that direction for quite some time; and the next generation will likely be living in a much more post-Christian America than we are now.

What kind of message do you think Christians need to focus on to connect with unchurched and de-churched people…? And how do you do it, effectively…?

We need to teach the truth about origins.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Are We Entering A Post Christian America?
It’s been going in that direction for quite some time; and the next generation will likely be living in a much more post-Christian America than we are now.

What kind of message do you think Christians need to focus on to connect with unchurched and de-churched people…? And how do you do it, effectively…?
Yes, I agree on that. Just look at the rudeness and verbiage on the fire as an example. That is NOT an example of being a Christian. I am guilty of it also at times. The fact that its all around wears on a person.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 16 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.