Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19359050 04/04/24
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It’s that time of year, folks! High-power season has been underway in the lower 48. Up here, the snow is melting off, and we're gearing up for our upcoming matches. The club I belong to has four EIC matches scheduled this year. So, with that in mind, Camp Perry and the nationals are right around the corner. If any of you are planning on attending, I highly recommend you make a hotel reservation soon or secure a bed in the barracks. From what we're hearing, the barracks are good to go, we could not get a hut. A couple of us are planning on making the trek to Camp Perry again. Hopefully, a few more from up here will decide to travel down there as well. If you're having a hard time finding good match ammo at a decent price, get in touch with Loader Monkey on Facebook and see what they have. Also, the PSA ACC ammo with the 77 OTM is pretty good stuff. Hope to see some of you all at Camp Perry this year.

https://thecmp.org/cmp-matches/cmp-highpower-rifle-championships/
https://cplcc.com/national-matches/

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Good luck👍

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm waiting to see if "Little Twig" is going to make it there to meet me for the shoot-off I challenged him to sometime this past fall. 🤣

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have fun there again 79s

They gonna let Tiffany come with this year? whistle

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Have fun there again 79s

It should be another fun trip. Also going to Phoenix again for CMP fall Classic. That was a great time as well. Far as Tiffany no, but my legit Wife will be going to Phoenix with me.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Good luck👍

Thanks, I'm not good just a middle of the pack kind of shooter. But I do enjoy the camaraderie of Camp Perry. Met some great people last year, met some guys from Minnesota great individuals hoping to see them again. Also will be good to see Mike from Louisiana as well, he is a solid guy. Camp Perry should be on every shooters bucket list.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Have fun there again 79s

It should be another fun trip. Also going to Phoenix again for CMP fall Classic. That was a great time as well. Far as Tiffany no, but my legit Wife will be going to Phoenix with me.
Phoenix in the fall can be nice. Is that at the Ben Avery range? I never made it while I lived in AZ. Then again, I was never much for the PHX area.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome, 79. Good luck!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Good luck 79’s!
This is as close as I’ll likely get..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Good luck 79’s!
Dude!

that's a cool one.

Wonder if we could put together a Cali meet up some year? Michigan does it, the SW guys do it.

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck 79’s!
Dude!

that's a cool one.

Wonder if we could put together a Cali meet up some year? Michigan does it, the SW guys do it.

Depending when and where, I would go 👍🏻

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Be down for sure!
There’s a handful of us somewhat close..
Whats your rough zip code Vals? I know you’re up north a bit

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Be down for sure!
There’s a handful of us somewhat close..
Whats your rough zip code Vals? I know you’re up north a bit
Most folks here have seen me post my whereabouts.

I'm nearby to Alturas.

Would be open to meeting anywhere within about, oh let's say a 5 hr drive? If folks are willing to come up this way, Shasta-Siskiyou-Modoc-Lassen-Plumas county area, as you likely know lots up public land up around here. Either side of the 5 would work too. Hell, I'd be able with some planning to get down as far as Bishop if we wanted to do something on the East side of the Sierras.

Of course, up this way it's best to do it in summer or early fall. We had a couple of inches of snow last night, all melted today, and they're calling for up to 7" tonight.

I'm willing to explore reasonable options.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Good luck👍

Thanks, I'm not good just a middle of the pack kind of shooter. But I do enjoy the camaraderie of Camp Perry. Met some great people last year, met some guys from Minnesota great individuals hoping to see them again. Also will be good to see Mike from Louisiana as well, he is a solid guy. Camp Perry should be on every shooters bucket list.
Mike is super solid!

Wonder where my post RE huts went to lol.... huts are or where part of the deal there. DIdnt' seem right not to stay in a hut.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 79S
Good luck👍

Mike is super solid!

Wonder where my post RE huts went to lol.... huts are or where part of the deal there. DIdnt' seem right not to stay in a hut.
The huts are luxury these days. Instead of the old, dark unheated huts with hammock-like bed springs and bunk beds, you get individual beds with mattresses and built-in AC.

Just bring a broom to sweep out the Brown Recluses. The huts stay sealed up all year and become home for innumerable spiders.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by 79S
Good luck👍

Mike is super solid!

The huts are luxury these days. Instead of the old, dark unheated huts with hammock-like bed springs and bunk beds, you get individual beds with mattresses and built-in AC.

Just bring a broom to sweep out the Brown Recluses. The huts stay sealed up all year and become home for innumerable spiders.

I figured eventually they would be AC. IIRC we may have brought our own a time or two. Spiders are no big deal. Sweep and a bit of permethrin to keep them and others out.

THe beds... there were wife and I, in a single hut. We doubled onto two cots and radiator hose clamp together and life was fine.

Regardless a person was only there a short time. So it wasn't a deal.

I sleep in a tent in the rain often, or snow, for almost 2-3 months of the year. If I can do that, then anyone can handle the huts.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Another tradition of Across the Course shooting shot in the ass because the younger generation doesn't like to do anything but lay on their fat bellies and shoot with scopes!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 79S
Good luck👍

Mike is super solid!

Now I am all embarrassed!

I love going to Camp Perry, not only for the matches, but to see old friends and meet new ones. The Alaskan contingent was great last year. met 79s, one of their shooters placed 21st in the P-100 his first time shooting it, and one of the AK guys and I almost revived the War of Northern Aggression, it was a good time.

I stay off base now, spent a many a nights in the old huts. I have spent my time in camps, huts, tents, etc, but choose comfort these days.

Making the P-100 and breaking 488 in the NTI are my goals this year.

My goal next year is to have a six man junior team from Louisiana. It has been a long time since that happened. I have been poaching kids off the 4-H smallbore programs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Another tradition of Across the Course shooting shot in the ass because the younger generation doesn't like to do anything but lay on their fat bellies and shoot with scopes!

Nothing worse than one generation bitching about what a poor job they did raising and teaching another generation. The irony, much like the BenGay is thick.

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Nothing worse than one generation bitching about what a poor job they did raising and teaching another generation. The irony, much like the BenGay is thick.

There a lot of fat old men shooting F-Class and there are kids that love shooting High Power.

I have been working with one of the 4-H teams near where I live. They compete in CMP Rimfire Sporter, it is a perfect gateway to High Power. I did a High Power clinic after one of the practices and two kids showed up for our monthly HP match. It takes work, but there are Juniors that want to compete.

Will not even touch the scope versus iron comment, other than I love both, but the front post on an AR is difficult to see with 60 year old eyes. I am shooting a mid-range match with my Palma rifle tomorrow, still enjoy that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,794
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.