Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Another tradition of Across the Course shooting shot in the ass because the younger generation doesn't like to do anything but lay on their fat bellies and shoot with scopes!

Nothing worse than one generation bitching about what a poor job they did raising and teaching another generation. The irony, much like the BenGay is thick.

There a lot of fat old men shooting F-Class and there are kids that love shooting High Power.

I have been working with one of the 4-H teams near where I live. They compete in CMP Rimfire Sporter, it is a perfect gateway to High Power. I did a High Power clinic after one of the practices and two kids showed up for our monthly HP match. It takes work, but there are Juniors that want to compete.

Will not even touch the scope versus iron comment, other than I love both, but the front post on an AR is difficult to see with 60 year old eyes. I am shooting a mid-range match with my Palma rifle tomorrow, still enjoy that.

We have a robust junior group here in WI. I just tire of the constant blasting of people enjoying a sport in a way he disapproves of.

This Young Man has been performing very well lately.

South Africa

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Teal,

Great on the Junior program, I see the Wisconsin team at Perry, named something like WI Cheddar. I do not know Thomas, but I definitely know who he is.

I am now a match director on of local matches and am also Louisiana Shooting Association High Power Director, got tired of complaining and decided to take a little action.

A friend of mine took over the non existent Junior program last month. We are working to get it going again.

Last edited by Mike70560; 04/05/24.
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Teal,

Great on the Junior program, I see the Wisconsin team at Perry, named something like WI Cheddar. I do not know Thomas, but I definitely know who he is.

I am now a match director on of local matches and am also Louisiana Shooting Association High Power Director, got tired of complaining and decided to take a little action.

A friend of mine took over the non existent Junior program last month. We are working to get it going again.
Another tradition of Across the Course shooting shot in the ass because the younger generation doesn't like to do anything but lay on their fat bellies and shoot with scopes!

Nothing worse than one generation bitching about what a poor job they did raising and teaching another generation. The irony, much like the BenGay is thick.

There a lot of fat old men shooting F-Class and there are kids that love shooting High Power.

I have been working with one of the 4-H teams near where I live. They compete in CMP Rimfire Sporter, it is a perfect gateway to High Power. I did a High Power clinic after one of the practices and two kids showed up for our monthly HP match. It takes work, but there are Juniors that want to compete.

Will not even touch the scope versus iron comment, other than I love both, but the front post on an AR is difficult to see with 60 year old eyes. I am shooting a mid-range match with my Palma rifle tomorrow, still enjoy that.

We have a robust junior group here in WI. I just tire of the constant blasting of people enjoying a sport in a way he disapproves of.

This Young Man has been performing very well lately.

South Africa

Rost and our President of our club will be holding a clinic at the end of the month. The president of the club went and talked to air rifle high schoolers and he's hoping 8 of them will show up. I have 4-5 SR I will bring for them to use Nothing special, they shoot well enough to hold the 10 ring. Another member is bringing 2 looks some other will loan some rifles as well hoping to have 10 SR for the youth to use. Far as sharpsman he's good for this rant every year. Im sure he will tell us how great of shot he was back in 1962.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Good luck👍

Thanks, I'm not good just a middle of the pack kind of shooter. But I do enjoy the camaraderie of Camp Perry. Met some great people last year, met some guys from Minnesota great individuals hoping to see them again. Also will be good to see Mike from Louisiana as well, he is a solid guy. Camp Perry should be on every shooters bucket list.
Mike is super solid!

Wonder where my post RE huts went to lol.... huts are or where part of the deal there. DIdnt' seem right not to stay in a hut.

Now I am all embarrassed!

I love going to Camp Perry, not only for the matches, but to see old friends and meet new ones. The Alaskan contingent was great last year. met 79s, one of their shooters placed 21st in the P-100 his first time shooting it, and one of the AK guys and I almost revived the War of Northern Aggression, it was a good time.

I stay off base now, spent a many a nights in the old huts. I have spent my time in camps, huts, tents, etc, but choose comfort these days.

Making the P-100 and breaking 488 in the NTI are my goals this year.

My goal next year is to have a six man junior team from Louisiana. It has been a long time since that happened. I have been poaching kids off the 4-H smallbore programs.
We all stayed off post last year, this year we want the Camp Perry experience of staying on post lol.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

You don't know a damn thing about what we have done or undone but I'd personally put my endeavors to promote marksmanship up against yours or anyone else for that matter! So far....your generation has a lot to prove!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You don't know a damn thing about what we have done or undone but I'd personally put my endeavors to promote marksmanship up against yours or anyone else for that matter! So far....your generation has a lot to prove!

IDGAF - we're not talking marksmanship, tho I did create a kid that qualified expert at EVERY range trip he took in the Army - I'm talking about you constantly crapping on a generation you were entrusted to raise or in the context of this thread, create into marksmen.

That's the point. You flap your gums not realizing you're pointing out your own failings as a generation and instructor. They learned to be what you feel are deficient from you. All we know is that you get louder the more irrelevant and ineffective you've become and that makes you scared, not scary.

Me

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Oh lord, this thread is doing exactly promoting people to try highpower. But because it’s being done in way you don’t like now (use of 1-4.5x power scopes) you don’t like it. You use every chance you have to bemoan it, never say a positive thing about it. If you go to camp perry some time, your old dated ass be surprised to see a lot 60 plus year olds are using optics. I can honestly say 99% of the shooters are using optics. I can also say the avg age at camp perry is probably late 40’s early 50’s. Again fly your ass to camp perry in one of your 5 planes and look for yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well 79Schit it's prolly a good thing you're going we're certain they have many latrines that need scrubbing... Is your squaw coming with to lend a hand?

Coyotes shot no waiting.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Well 79Schit it's prolly a good thing you're going we're certain they have many latrines that need scrubbing... Is your squaw coming with to lend a hand?

You realize you’ve posted pics of your wife on here right?

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Get off your knees Willy Throat Goat 79 can hold his own LOL

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Get off your knees Willy Throat Goat 79 can hold his own LOL

Tell your ol lady I will take a #19 Lumpia Pork, #22 Chicken Pancit and #25 Chicken Adobo.

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Squaw?? Well at least I was able to find a wife in the United States. Unlike you, you had to go mail order bride route, via 3rd world country chit hole route.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
At least with no thumbs you can’t have “garland thumb”. Good luck!

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Papag

You are the kind of guy I could BS with at Camp Perry.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Squaw?? Well at least I was able to find a wife in the United States. Unlike you, you had to go mail order bride route, via 3rd world country chit hole route.
FYI dumb ass. My Hula Girl was born on Camp Pendleton USMC in So Cal Air Force brat so theres that... Would you like some Lau lau to go with your order? LOL

Coyotes shot no waiting.
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

FYI dumb ass. My Hula Girl was born on Camp Pendleton USMC in So Cal Air Force brat so theres that... Would you like some Lau lau to go with your order? LOL

Sure thing, nothing wrong being married to a anchor baby.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Good luck👍

Thanks, I'm not good just a middle of the pack kind of shooter. But I do enjoy the camaraderie of Camp Perry. Met some great people last year, met some guys from Minnesota great individuals hoping to see them again. Also will be good to see Mike from Louisiana as well, he is a solid guy. Camp Perry should be on every shooters bucket list.
Mike is super solid!

Wonder where my post RE huts went to lol.... huts are or where part of the deal there. DIdnt' seem right not to stay in a hut.

I love going to Camp Perry, not only for the matches, but to see old friends and meet new ones. The Alaskan contingent was great last year. met 79s, one of their shooters placed 21st in the P-100 his first time shooting it, and one of the AK guys and I almost revived the War of Northern Aggression, it was a good time.

I stay off base now, spent a many a nights in the old huts. I have spent my time in camps, huts, tents, etc, but choose comfort these days.

My goal next year is to have a six man junior team from Louisiana. It has been a long time since that happened. I have been poaching kids off the 4-H smallbore programs.
We all stayed off post last year, this year we want the Camp Perry experience of staying on post lol.

This was what the "good" huts looked like in 1995, sorry about the pic of old pic. IIRC the electric wouldn't run an AC, we took a couple of box fans. Wouldn't take anything for the experience competing at Perry. Hope all of the guys that attend have a good trip!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Good luck👍

Mike is super solid!

This was what the "good" huts looked like in 1995, sorry about the pic of old pic. IIRC the electric wouldn't run an AC, we took a couple of box fans. Wouldn't take anything for the experience competing at Perry. Hope all of the guys that attend have a good trip!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I will get pictures of the new huts and bathroom/shower facilities. Those are air conditioned as well and the barracks have AC in them as well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.