Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I bought this video game almost 20 years ago, and still enjoy it. Back then, you had to pay for it. For the last ten years or so, it's been a free download.

Great game if you like world conquest strategy games, with lots of well done battle graphics, where you control your formations of various types of units on the battlefield.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was always a big Civilization by Sid Meyer fan on PC.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Teal
I was always a big Civilization by Sid Meyer fan on PC.
Similar concept, except for the very realistic and expansive battlefield experience you get with RTW.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prefer the Napoleonic Total War version.

While on the subject of video games, players are invited to play: DYSTOPIA multiplayer on STEAM.

Not for crybabies.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
7 Days to Die.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can’t believe it’s been 20 years. Great game tho I prefer Total war thrones of brittania

Yup.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AKduck
Can’t believe it’s been 20 years.
I know. I remember distinctly first seeing the game review of it on YouTube (just before its release), prompting me to buy it as soon as it became available. Seems like a couple of years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My favorite is Call of Duty - Plunder. I was one of the top leaders with over 18,000 kills. The way I modified the Kilo 141 Assault Rifle, made it a killing machine long and short ranges, day and night.

Does anybody here play?

I am so happy we didn't have these games when I was a kid, I enjoyed all the time I spent outside, would have spent way too much playing COD when I was a kid.

We had Etch-A-Sketch, Borrrrrringgggggg!

KB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was a kid - first console was original Nintendo. Some friends had Atari but my first was Nintendo.

Mom got hooked on Super Mario Brothers, I was an original Zelda and Tetris guy.

Later on the PC - I liked the CIV games. Gaming was big when I got to the Navy. Socom Navy Seals on PS2 was huge - we had a lot of late nights.

I don't play much these days - if I do, it's PS5 and the Sniper Elite series of games.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KillerBee
My favorite is Call of Duty - Plunder. I was one of the top leaders with over 18,000 kills. The way I modified the Kilo 141 Assault Rifle, made it a killing machine long and short ranges, day and night.

Does anybody here play?

I am so happy we didn't have these games when I was a kid, I enjoyed all the time I spent outside, would have spent way too much playing COD when I was a kid.

LOL. Yep, same.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Does anybody here play?

This.

I can see how kids get hooked so hard on gaming. Got myself an Xbox for Christmas a few years ago, didn't know which games were best so just got the latest version of Doom which I'd played on a PC in the 90's. Holy Hannah - the graphics were unreal compared to those old games. I got the game loaded and started playing around 7:00 PM on a Friday night, then played straight through until 3:00 AM, just couldn't tear myself away from going on to each new level.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Does anybody here play?

This.

I can see how kids get hooked so hard on gaming. Got myself an Xbox for Christmas a few years ago, didn't know which games were best so just got the latest version of Doom which I'd played on a PC in the 90's. Holy Hannah - the graphics were unreal compared to those old games. I got the game loaded and started playing around 7:00 PM on a Friday night, then played straight through until 3:00 AM, just couldn't tear myself away from going on to each new level.

When I started playing my better 1/2 would come into the room when I was screaming swear words.

After a few interruptions from her this is what I told her:

Remember honey when I am watching football how I have told you not to interrupt me from watching the game?

She said yes!

I said Same when I am playing Call of Duty, if I am playing, DON'T INTERRUPT ME!

LOL

KB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,700
Posts18,494,243
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.