Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WPAHunter50
I got it. Can't find a mark on it. CZ 452 American LH 395$. Traded my Henry single shot for it. Could not get over the drop in the stock n the Henry. The stock on the Henry was beautiful and the CZ is rather plain, but that's ok. Now to get some mounts and get a scope on her.

Very nice. Range report...mandatory..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got it. Can't find a mark on it. CZ 452 American LH 395$. Traded my Henry single shot for it. Could not get over the drop in the stock n the Henry. The stock on the Henry was beautiful and the CZ is rather plain, but that's ok. Now to get some mounts and get a scope on her.

That's a steal! I sold my 452 LH American awhile back for over a grand. Won several factory class BR matches with it.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Good deal. I would buy every 452 I could find at that price. I think I paid about $500 for mine new and as mentioned they are much more expensive today.

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
For anyone interested the shop where I bought mine has two more CZ rimfire rifles listed online. A 452 scout and a455 varmint. Both @ $395. Shop is acesportinggoods.com click on used guns. I have no connection to this shop and don't know if they ship. The 455 is a 22 magnum.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bet that CZ outshoots that Henry!!!

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I hope so. To be fair though they are completely different types of firearms.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pick up a yo dave trigger spring kit, and you'll be golden.

https://www.yodaveproducts.com/

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I haven't tried the trigger yet, waiting for scope mounts. Is the yo Dave kit an easy install?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
had one for several years and now where's a custom stock that was handmade and painted I'll get a picture up this evening and it is"wifes" smilebore silhouette gun.. plenty accurate. I polished all the trigger parts out and have two springs one is just a tad over 2 lb the other is about 8 oz.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Like some people, I replaced the trigger on my 452. I bought mine many years ago, new, for postal matches. They are still going, but no more mailing in targets. smile

This rifle is configured for our local rimfire matches. It's a fun way to spend an afternoon. I think most of the guys just use the shoots as an excuse to socialize, but that's a good thing.

I remember when I bought the CZ that I wanted to put a T24 on it, but couldn't find any. I ended up using a Mueller 8-32. I used BKL mounts on a few of my rimfires. https://www.bkltech.com

These rifles are very accurate, but I still use a Marlin Model 60 for hunting bunnies.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Like some people, I replaced the trigger on my 452. I bought mine many years ago, new, for postal matches. They are still going, but no more mailing in targets. smile

This rifle is configured for our local rimfire matches. It's a fun way to spend an afternoon. I think most of the guys just use the shoots as an excuse to socialize, but that's a good thing.

I remember when I bought the CZ that I wanted to put a T24 on it, but couldn't find any. I ended up using a Mueller 8-32. I used BKL mounts on a few of my rimfires. https://www.bkltech.com

These rifles are very accurate, but I still use a Marlin Model 60 for hunting bunnies.

Steve, those older CZ's have such a classic look. I know they shoot well too. Yours is very nice. I saw a heavy barrel model at a gunshop a couple months ago, it was a beauty, had a tiger striped stock. Probably one of the nicest CZ's I've seen, but dang they wanted $700 for it!! I had just paid that much for my Winchester model 52 sporter, and I was doing the comparing in my head, thinking the Winchester was the better buy at that price. This was also after seeing some in the $350-$400.00 price range as well. Hard to pull out the wallet, when things like that are there in my head!!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks. It’s hard to know if a rifle is going to be a hit, but I think CZs are always a good bet.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
I haven't tried the trigger yet, waiting for scope mounts. Is the yo Dave kit an easy install?

If you want to try out the trigger before the scope rings come in, you can use a #4-#6 yellow drywall anchor. I keep one in every rimfire I own.

As for the CZ - you’re going to enjoy it. The 452 platform is one of my favorites. I own multiple in the various models and calibers they produced.

Ace’s is a great place. They’ll turn up some gems every now and then! I try to stop by anytime I’m in Washington.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Thanks. It’s hard to know if a rifle is going to be a hit, but I think CZs are always a good bet.

That CZ 452 has an interesting history. Starting out as a BRNO model 2. How old is your rifle? They made their debut in 1956, I believe. I had a chance to buy a BRNO model 2 last year, for $350.00. The shop also had an old CZ452 for the same price. I should have bought both of them, now that I think about it!!! Both rifles were in excellent condition.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I purchased it around 2000. I had just released from the service and was moving, so I traded off a bunch of rifles and ended up getting this one.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The trigger spring isn't terrible to install, but if I recall correctly took a little effort.

The trigger itself isn't a bad trigger, but more than likely will be 5-6 lbs, if it hasn't been touched.

bsa- Yes, you should have bought those for 350.00

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a chance to buy one. Do they have the backward safety? Is there anything I should know about them?

Yes, safety is backward.

I'd pass and get a 457. 457s have a better safety, better trigger, and you can change barrels easily.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drop_point
Have a chance to buy one. Do they have the backward safety? Is there anything I should know about them?

Yes, safety is backward.

I'd pass and get a 457. 457s have a better safety, better trigger, and you can change barrels easily.

Those are very strong selling points of the CZ 457, and the reason I wanted my first CZ to be a 457American. However, It's hard not to respect the 452 for what it is though. They are extremely accurate/precise, and generally very good looking and functioning rifles. Probably something we should all have in our collection.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Have bedded mine, but MOA at 100 yards tells me its a keeper.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by drop_point

Yes, safety is backward.

They are all good guns. You just have to pick what you like. Switch barrel is convenient, but I think it sacrifices a little accuracy. Not that the 457 isn't plenty accurate for any practical purpose. I am however simply astounded by the accuracy I get out of my 452's and 453.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.