Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If not for my pills, I'd be dead.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doc put me on 10MG of Atorvastatin years ago and MD sister says take 200 MG of CoQ10 to counteract any joint or muscle issue. GP doc says what ever I'm doing, keep doing. September '23 total cholesterol was 125, LDL was 58. Chol/.HDL ratio should be less than 4.5 and mine is 2.6. Numbers don't lie, people do.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by wabigoon

They might be slowly killing you unless you're diabetic or something like that. Every cell in your body is made with LDL cholesterol including your brain cells

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"MD sister says take 200 MG of CoQ10 to counteract any joint or muscle issue"

The cardiologist I used to go to said the CoQ10 is for heart muscle health and Statin drugs remove CoQ10 from your body. I know a lot of people who still take statin drugs and their GP didn't tell them they need to CoQ10 too.

Last edited by victoro; 04/06/24. Reason: typo
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by victoro

They might be slowly killing you unless you're diabetic or something like that. Every cell in your body is made with LDL cholesterol including your brain cells

yes its not the cholesterol that is a problem its your body inflammation system (immune system). Docs use algorithms based on lab results, called evidence based medicine. This allows insurance companies (the real problem, big pharm is just a puppet, large drug wholesalers are another puppet) to manipulate the whole program.
Take 2000 mg Omega oil (reduces inflammation) daily, CoQ10, Quercetin, and Cummerin for vasodilation. If your really serious get on a progesterone supplement, which helps with vascular tone. Ever wonder why old people have varicose veins, not enough P4. Also a large part of it is converted to testosterone.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by victoro

yes its not the cholesterol that is a problem its your body inflammation system (immune system). Docs use algorithms based on lab results, called evidence based medicine. This allows insurance companies (the real problem, big pharm is just a puppet, large drug wholesalers are another puppet) to manipulate the whole program.
Take 2000 mg Omega oil (reduces inflammation) daily, CoQ10, Quercetin, and Cummerin for vasodilation. If your really serious get on a progesterone supplement, which helps with vascular tone. Ever wonder why old people have varicose veins, not enough P4. Also a large part of it is converted to testosterone.

My ex-cardiologist agrees with you (in private conversations) but all his employer will allow him to do is prescribe statin drugs and/or blood thinners. I already take 1000 mg omega oil (will take more), CoQ10, quercetin and Cummerin. How much progesterone should I take (I'm 81).

My free testosterone level has dropped from 458 to 349 recently and I have symptoms of low T. I have with appointment with a urologist next month to discuss TRT.

I quit worrying about cholesterol levels 40 years ago and been working on removing stress from my life.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I take 300 mg P4 nightly, it helps with sleep, low T and vasodilation. Have your doc. call a compounding pharmacy. start around 200 mg.
your body needs the test. and will convert it to DHT (which is 5 times stronger) if you don't have enough. DHT causes hair loss and will precipitate gout. You could have the doc also call in test. cream 200 mg. am and hs

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've been taking Rosuvastatin for 2+ yrs now and so far no pain. I also take 200mg Ubiquinol (CoQ10), Quercetin, NAC, D3, C, E & Zinc daily. All this seems to keep me going along with 3-5 days at the gym.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Statins are hell on your body. all the muscle/bone problems are difficult.
they lower testosterone. they can cause erectile dysfunction.
they cause insulin resistance.....leading to diabetes.
they cause hair loss.
They are a factor in dementia.

And a some other things.

I believe they are one of the worst drugs on the market.

Look to your diet and lose weight to lower cholesterol.
This

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Diet will barely affect your cholesterol.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm on 80mg.Have shoulder ache's and calf cramps when I walk a good way's. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Foutain of youth anyone?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Foutain of youth anyone?

Rapamycin

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Foutain of youth anyone?

Rapamycin

More drugs, could just try fasting

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by johnn
Foutain of youth anyone?

Rapamycin

fasting is good, but-- your body is one big chemical reaction- so why not biohack it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ask your doctor to switch you off and recommend another. My brother in law had the same problem.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My pills[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by johnn
Foutain of youth anyone?

Rapamycin

fasting is good, but-- your body is one big chemical reaction- so why not biohack it.

Methyl folate?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Cholesterol and other fats are carried in your bloodstream as spherical particles called lipoproteins. The two most commonly known lipoproteins are low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL). The LDL cholesterol can contribute to the formation of plaque buildup in the arteries (atherosclerosis). This is linked to higher risk for heart attack and stroke."

That is right from John Hopkins Medicine. Statins are one of the medicines that help reduce the LDL levels in your bloodstream. If you want to get your medical advice from a podcast or the Campfire, all well and good. I'd rather listen to a well respected professional medical organization. Some of us here have had a stint, open heart surgery or a stroke because of a build up of plaque in our arteries. Given a little occasional statin muscle or joint discomfort counteracted by CoQ10, I'm opting for the statin and lower LDL.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We had a Real Doctor on the forum, He got ran off.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (222Sako, 160user, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.