Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If not for my pills, I'd be dead.

Actually, because of your pills, and your [bleep] diet, you will probably die much sooner, after making big pharma and socialized medicine wealthier, at your expense.

Cholesterol - is the "Boogeyman" they want you to fear.

There is Zero(0.0) meaningful research to support that.

A Proper Human Diet, the Ancestrally Appropriate Diet of Man, is the Only thing that will fix you.

And it's Free, go figger.

GR

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just don’t take it, that’s what i do, it’s all a money scandal anyway by big pharma.

Fück Joe byron
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Windfall
"Cholesterol and other fats are carried in your bloodstream as spherical particles called lipoproteins. The two most commonly known lipoproteins are low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL). The LDL cholesterol can contribute to the formation of plaque buildup in the arteries (atherosclerosis). This is linked to higher risk for heart attack and stroke."

That is right from John Hopkins Medicine. Statins are one of the medicines that help reduce the LDL levels in your bloodstream. If you want to get your medical advice from a podcast or the Campfire, all well and good. I'd rather listen to a well respected professional medical organization. Some of us here have had a stint, open heart surgery or a stroke because of a build up of plaque in our arteries. Given a little occasional statin muscle or joint discomfort counteracted by CoQ10, I'm opting for the statin and lower LDL.

If you think drugs only have one mode of action, you have your head in the sand. Their activity is at the expense of some other mechanism and product being made. Single entity drugs have been the dream of medicine since the 60s and it hasn't happened yet.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Diet will barely affect your cholesterol.

No eh? A bad one sure as hell will.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Cholesterol and other fats are carried in your bloodstream as spherical particles called lipoproteins. The two most commonly known lipoproteins are low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL). The LDL cholesterol can contribute to the formation of plaque buildup in the arteries (atherosclerosis). This is linked to higher risk for heart attack and stroke."

That is right from John Hopkins Medicine. Statins are one of the medicines that help reduce the LDL levels in your bloodstream. If you want to get your medical advice from a podcast or the Campfire, all well and good. I'd rather listen to a well respected professional medical organization. Some of us here have had a stint, open heart surgery or a stroke because of a build up of plaque in our arteries. Given a little occasional statin muscle or joint discomfort counteracted by CoQ10, I'm opting for the statin and lower LDL.

WOWZEERS, I learn something new here every day. You have renewed my trust in modern medicine and big pharma!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This is a common misconception. Cholesterol isn't the cause of arterial damage leading to atherosclerosis. Cholesterol's function in the body is to repair arterial damage caused by inflammation. Cholesterol is not responsible for causing the damage. One can have high levels of LDLs with zero plaquing.

Statins are an $18 billion (and climbing) industry. So there is a lot riding on preserving the false narrative. The little secret Big Pharma doesn't want to admit to is - change your diet to a low GI, or low inflammatory diet and you can do more to prolong your life than a statin. But it's so much easier to just take a pill for all that; except there is little evidence that statins prolong your life in any measurable way.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5986484/

To be clear, the same guys telling you that a statin will save your life are the same guys that told you the mRNA shot will end the pandemic.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 04/08/24.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Diet will barely affect your cholesterol.

No eh? A bad one sure as hell will.

Yup. I could be the 200# poster child for that earlier quote. My first wife cooked with lots of butter, cream, cheese and with five kids in the house we had lots of whole milk, casseroles, ice cream and deserts. Who cared about cholesterol? Annette died in 2007 from smoking and lung cancer and it was my turn to cook all be it badly. September 2008 I went in for a physical and my LDL was 140, high but I felt okay. April 2014 it was still high at 110 and my son and I ate what ever they cooked that day at the deli or over at the the Pizza Hut. I'd turn my entire deer or an elk into summer sausage, weiners or bologna i.e. fatty tube meat. May 2014 I wasn't feeling right raking my lawn, so I went to see the doc for an EKG. Next day I was in the hospital for a stent. That was a no go because I was too blocked up with clogged heart arteries. Next day they opened me up for quadruple bypass surgery. Dark days those.

I met wife #2 and the doc put me on a low dose statin in 2016 when my LDL was still high at 115. We ate much better and my LDL numbers dropped to: '17-94, '18-44, '19-55, '20-52, '21-71, '22-61 and '23-58. There is no way that I want to relive what I went through back ten years ago. Keep those LDL numbers high and you too could be where I was in the ICU provided you make it.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (257 mag, 308ld, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 160user, 18 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,330
Posts18,505,931
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.