Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Leighton, I ain't judging but it looks to me that you need to at least double the amount of chili-powder...
The color ain't right...And, add the cumin about 30 minutes before you turn the heat off.

My man, 25 guys would argue that you're wrong, but all good here. I've never had the pleasure, but I've heard from a bunch of guys who've had your chili shower praises upon it and I don't doubt them one bit. That said, I'm not shooting for any particular color, or style other than my own. I'm after *flavor*, body and substance.

As I think I wrote in my first post, things like chili are subjective to individual tastes, There is never any clear winner, but many winners amongst different circles and tastes. My chili was prepared with love and with fantastic ingredients, including wild moose and caribou from Alaska taken by friends. That in and of itself to me means that any chili made with only store-bought meat plays second fiddle. YMMV.

Good to see you posting again, Tex. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Looks good, truth be told I don't mind beans but I do enjoy f-cking with people online about it.
You ain't sposta say that Rog... This place has a search function and that statement might come back to haunt you...
damn didn't think about that.

The more times it's quoted, the easier it will be to find, too !

grin

Made this version, yesterday;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah....the poor Mexicans were so poor that they could only afford meat....
The Mexicans that invented the verde and colorado stuff were smart enough to know that beans are best served as a side dish.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.