L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by flintlocke
.I notice the front idler is well back in the track frame, a sign of a lotta life left in the undercarriage. But

Or the pins and bushing are wore so bad someone took a link out of the chain to take the slack out.

This ^

It's been on runout for quite some time. If I know it's intended purpose, it's bought right.

Pics are smaller (lower resolution) after the auction closes... but here they are anyway... if y'all see anything else. https://www.proxibid.com/lotinformation/83414096/caterpillar-977k-track-loader

Depending on condition after I pick her up... she will be used mostly to load out shale borrow on my land to truck to other locations.

If she is very strong/fixable... 50,000 pounds is a lotta mass to grub. (other than a missing tooth... the bucket looks good to me.

If she is more trouble than she is worth... I will part out or scrap... or sell to someone else that wants to mess with...

This is the machine I was HOPING to get for the rock base I have everywhere... but she went too high for me... https://www.proxibid.com/lotinformation/83396945/komatsu-d155ax7-dozer

---------------------------------------

Edit... Better resolution pics in this CAT 977K Link

pretty hard to tell on the undercarriage from the pictures that's for sure. but the pads are definitely getting worn quite warn
looks like sprocket segments definitely show a feel better where to but I've seen much worse. impossible to tell about the pins and bushings from the pictures.
rollers don't look God awful but like I say hard to tell from the picture.

if it's a machine you won't put a lot of hours on on a daily / weekly basis the undercarriage probably be okay for a while. if it's a daily use high our use machine you'll need an undercarriage soon I'm guessing or at least some parts.

it's been about 3 years ago we priced a new undercarriage on a 953 D cat I believe was around the 14,000 mark. and aftermarket through komatsu was about 10,000
we went with komatsu. I kind of wish I hadn't there's been some fitment issues but nothing severe.. but one of the front idlers already went out and was replaced under warranty.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks be to God my 977 days are long behind me :-) my whole body hurts just looking at that damn thing :-)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BamBam
Thanks be to God my 977 days are long behind me :-) my whole body hurts just looking at that damn thing :-)

I still have two of them. 14x series machines.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pat85

I still have two of them. 14x series machines.

They are tough robust machines. I got some great memories and a lot of hours in them.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm drunk!

LOL

You still drunk?

It is Wednesday...

I am...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Why? They aren't hard to run. Once your legs get used to pushing on the steering brakes, their weight makes for a decent ride.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by WayneShaw

Why? They aren't hard to run. Once your legs get used to pushing on the steering brakes, their weight makes for a decent ride.
First of all, I’m 63 years old. :-) they’re loud, there more work for the operator than a rear engine track loader.if it’s not air ride seats and not rear engine I’m not interested :-) Over the years I’m sure I have thousands of hours in a 977 and similar type track loaders. you can’t kill the damn things I’ll give them that like I stated earlier they are very robust machine.. Where I work you don’t see them anymore. I haven’t seen one in probably 10 years. When I retire which is shortly, maybe I’ll go down and visit cash and play with it for a little bit :-)

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Good looking machine cash. Hopefully it’s as mechanically sound as it looks.
If not, you’ve just made the down payment! laugh

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I dug a lot of house foundations with one of those....just show me where those Bilco doors are going

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

First of all, I’m 63 years old. :-) they’re loud, there more work for the operator than a rear engine track loader.if it’s not air ride seats and not rear engine I’m not interested :-) Over the years I’m sure I have thousands of hours in a 977 and similar type track loaders. you can’t kill the damn things I’ll give them that like I stated earlier they are very robust machine.. Where I work you don’t see them anymore. I haven’t seen one in probably 10 years. When I retire which is shortly, maybe I’ll go down and visit cash and play with it for a little bit :-)

Of course you are welcome BamBam...

But I highly recommend you take a foreign language course first... Redneck Appalachian with WV dialect is offered online many places.

Also... I will mail you a WV license plate fo yo truck. 80/20 chance it will save yo life.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Of course you are welcome BamBam...

But I highly recommend you take a foreign language course first... Redneck Appalachian with WV dialect is offered online many places.

Also... I will mail you a WV license plate fo yo truck. 80/20 chance it will save yo life.

L O L, i’ll go onto YouTube and practice :-) do you have my address send that license plate up I’ll put it on the front of one of my trucks :-)

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pretty sure K's and all L's were pedal steer... girls can do it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Pretty sure K's and all L's were pedal steer... girls can do it.
Cat 900 series track loaders pedal steer is the only machine I have put my seatbelt on. L O L.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wild ride? How about those first Melroe Bobcats? I worked with a guy who had to wear a neck brace for 3 months after his first test "flight".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You bet your sweet ass. It was a wild ride. First time I ever got into a brand new foot pia 963, I ripped that bitch up and off I went, and I almost went through the freaking windshield :-) that was a long long time ago :-) but I’ll never forget it! Don’t have too much time in skid steers, but what time I do have on the early machines they were like riding bulls

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We spoiled today heated seats, air seats, ride control soundproof cabs, beautiful stereo systems with Bluetooth. Big difference from the older machines…

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
We spoiled today heated seats, air seats, ride control soundproof cabs, beautiful stereo systems with Bluetooth. Big difference from the older machines…

My 997k don't have Bluetooth?

What the hell... fugg that.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Nice buy Cash, not beat up at all. I used those older 977’s cleaning up train wrecks. Those and the d-7’s and 8’s pipe layers. The old ones with cables. That old stuff can lift more than the new ones. Four old cable pipe layers can lift a locomotive walk it around where ever you want it. The new hydraulic pipe layers won’t even lift it. The four way bucket is handy if you find one at your next auction. Grading, moving trees, clamping and lifting anything. Enjoy.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

My 997k don't have Bluetooth?

What the hell... fugg that.

Who the hell needs Bluetooth when you have ac ,right, you do have AC? Lol.

Last edited by BamBam; 04/08/24.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Who the hell needs Bluetooth when you have ac ,right, you do have AC? Lol.

Of course...

A/C in the winter... and heat in the summer.

Easy peasy...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,486
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.