Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
He’s not a hunter, he’s a snowmobiler. Those things need to be outlawed! 😁
Not a wolf hater or advocate but his behavior was just stupid. He’ll pay one way or another.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hang his ass!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Back before the internet, a local coyote hunter shot a wolf and had it mounted. Since officially wolves don’t exist in SD, that couldn’t possibly happen.
He had the wolf displayed in a local bar, until the feds got wind of it and confiscated it.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
He’s not a hunter, he’s a snowmobiler. Those things need to be outlawed! 😁
Not a wolf hater or advocate but his behavior was just stupid. He’ll pay one way or another.
No wonder the caribou populations are dwindling in Alaska and Canada with the natives being allowed to run wild on snow mobiles and shoot whatever they wish.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Just add alcohol

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Back before the internet, a local coyote hunter shot a wolf and had it mounted. Since officially wolves don’t exist in SD, that couldn’t possibly happen.
He had the wolf displayed in a local bar, until the feds got wind of it and confiscated it.
A collared Yellowstone wolf ended up dead on a South Dakota highway several years ago.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They should have put the guy in jail for 30 days. Leave him in handcuffs, tape his mouth and introduce him to his new cell mates, Bubba, Jerome, and Bruce !!! Then put that online.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The level of stupidity some folks can muster up never ceases to amaze.

Black Cows Matter!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by cv540
I am no expert on Wyoming laws but this would seem to apply.

(ii) Knowingly, and with intent to cause death or undue suffering, beats with cruelty, tortures, torments or mutilates an animal. (b) Felony cruelty to animals is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

Well you ARE correct about one thing, you're no expert on Wyoming law. The law you're quoting only applies to domesticated animals, aka "Pets" and does not apply in this case as Wolves are listed as Predators/Varmints. The wolf was captured in the "Predator" zone so there are no license violations, or such. The WG&F issued a citation for the only statute that they could against him, possession of a live wild animal.

Bad move on this guy's part, absolutely. I'm sure he will pay dearly for his lapse in judgment.

I recall a photograph that ran in a national publication many years ago of a man holding a live Coyote (with it's mouth tied shut) across his lap while setting on the stoop of a cabin in the West. He had taken it from a leghold trap on his trapline and brought it back alive. It was a much celebrated photograph.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That act is stupid enough to be a false flag PETA.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It takes a special kind of stupid to hang ones self via social media and there should be something similar to a Darwin award for such. Some local kids a couple years back posted their attempts to ride a bleating mule deer they had wounded. Authorities were on their steps the following morning. I can't recall the details, but it was expensive.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/08/24.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
It takes a special kind of stupid to hang ones self via social media ....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by cv540
I am no expert on Wyoming laws but this would seem to apply.

(ii) Knowingly, and with intent to cause death or undue suffering, beats with cruelty, tortures, torments or mutilates an animal. (b) Felony cruelty to animals is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

Well you ARE correct about one thing, you're no expert on Wyoming law. The law you're quoting only applies to domesticated animals, aka "Pets" and does not apply in this case as Wolves are listed as Predators/Varmints. The wolf was captured in the "Predator" zone so there are no license violations, or such. The WG&F issued a citation for the only statute that they could against him, possession of a live wild animal.

Bad move on this guy's part, absolutely. I'm sure he will pay dearly for his lapse in judgment.

I recall a photograph that ran in a national publication many years ago of a man holding a live Coyote (with it's mouth tied shut) across his lap while setting on the stoop of a cabin in the West. He had taken it from a leghold trap on his trapline and brought it back alive. It was a much celebrated photograph.

The law doesn’t specify domesticated animals. An animal in captivity (either a zoo or captured wildlife) will quite often be considered under animal cruelty laws. Look at the Wyoming law. It clearly differentiates between animals, household pets and livestock. So you can’t say wildlife isn’t protected.

§ 6-3-1002. Cruelty to animals

(a) A person commits cruelty to animals if the person:

(i) Knowingly overrides an animal or drives an animal when overloaded;

(ii) Intentionally or knowingly, unnecessarily injures or beats an animal;

(iii) Knowingly carries an animal in a manner that poses undue risk of injury or death;

(iv) Has the charge and custody of any animal and under circumstances which manifest extreme indifference to the animal's safety, health or life:

(A) Fails to provide it with proper food, drink or protection from the weather adequate for the species;

(B) Abandons the animal. Relinquishment of an animal to a public or private animal shelter or like facility is not a violation of this subparagraph;

(C) In the case of immediate, obvious, serious illness or injury to the animal, fails to provide the animal with appropriate care; or

(D) Keeps any household pet in a manner that results in chronic or repeated serious physical harm to the household pet.

(v) Owns, possesses, keeps or trains fowls or dogs with the intent to allow the dog or fowl to engage in an exhibition of fighting with another dog or fowl;

(vi) For gain causes or allows any dog to fight with another dog or any fowl to fight with another fowl;

(vii) Promotes any dog or fowl fighting;

(viii) Knowingly permits any act prohibited under paragraphs (v) through (vii) of this subsection on any premises under the person's charge or control; or

(ix) Shoots, poisons or otherwise intentionally acts to seriously injure or destroy any livestock or domesticated animal owned by another person while the animal is on property where the animal is authorized to be present.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a bunch of hand-wringing pussies.

Politics is War by Other Means
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
F-you Hotrod. All fish are on a line. No comparison to torturing any animal. If true the guy should be held accountable and charged.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Sick MOFO, who's hate is badly misdirected.

Wolves do what Wolves do; the problem lies with the idiots who introduced them where they should not be.

MM

^^^^^.

Give him a $250 and be done with the whole thing.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ndh19
F-you Hotrod. All fish are on a line. No comparison to torturing any animal. If true the guy should be held accountable and charged.

That is funny. He was obviously trolling and you rose to the bait. I doubt he really feels that way but even if he does your reaction cracked me up. But back to the original topic yeah that guy was an idiot, especially getting pictures.

Ethics as far as running it down can be debated but keeping it alive rather than killing it when he got there is a whole other thing. His legal punishment will probably be outweighed by other lawsuits and reputation, especially being a business owner. May have a target on his back now from G&F and other law enforcement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Sick MOFO, who's hate is badly misdirected.

Wolves do what Wolves do; the problem lies with the idiots who introduced them where they should not be.

MM

Kill all the wolves you can but that guy has issues.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
About as stupid as it gets as mentioned by others already.

No animal deserves that, first, especially when intentional.

Finally this behavior is the direct antithesis of being an ethical "sportsman", which in the end, gives all of us a black eye in the simple minds of the opposition!

At some level it is no different than irresponsible gun owners doing stupid/tragic things to innocent people and adversely affecting other "innocents" in the equation. Make an example of the perpetrators so others will at least think before doing something similar. Sadly though, there will ALWAYS be some "stupid"...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Swallowed the hook! Funny how somebody's favorite ox getting gored provokes a rise! LOL!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.