Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So the guy glided over the snow with a snowmobile and ran the wolf to exhaustion. The gave it a long torturous death. Kind of like what wolves do to elk and deer all winter. Shouldn’t have taken pictures. Documentation replaces speculation. Zero F’s given for the wolf but the pictures were plain stupid.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by 1minute
It takes a special kind of stupid to hang ones self via social media ....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
In defense of this girl. She was an inexperienced hunter and she reasonably thought she had legally killed a wolf. She didn't torture it, she shot it.

And in my opinion feral dogs out in the boondocks 9 miles off a highway should be shot. In this case it was later found that it was one of several that were dumped. The outrage should be directed at whoever did that.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Back before the internet, a local coyote hunter shot a wolf and had it mounted. Since officially wolves don’t exist in SD, that couldn’t possibly happen.
He had the wolf displayed in a local bar, until the feds got wind of it and confiscated it.
A collared Yellowstone wolf ended up dead on a South Dakota highway several years ago.

From a vehicle strike or bullet strike? whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Back before the internet, a local coyote hunter shot a wolf and had it mounted. Since officially wolves don’t exist in SD, that couldn’t possibly happen.
He had the wolf displayed in a local bar, until the feds got wind of it and confiscated it.
A collared Yellowstone wolf ended up dead on a South Dakota highway several years ago.

From a vehicle strike or bullet strike? whistle
Never could get the straight story on whether it was shot or run over. It was on the Pine Ridge Reservation and now I can't find any mention of the story but I distinctly remember it because I measured how many miles it travelled to get all the way across Wyoming to get there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P.S. Just did another search and there was an article from May of 2012 about the collared wolf on Pine Ridge struck by a vehicle but The article cut me off and wanted me to pay for a subscription to keep reading.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That fuggin guy can burn in hell

As he will

What a dipschidt !

Bet his family is proud

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
^ Agree. He's a stupid POS. Hard to believe not one person in the bar made that clear to him

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Sick MOFO, who's hate is badly misdirected.

Wolves do what Wolves do; the problem lies with the idiots who introduced them where they should not be.

MM

Kill all the wolves you can but that guy has issues.
Why? He had a beer with the wolf?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tarkio
In addition to his issues though, I bet that wolf represents more than a wolf to him and his buddies. I would imagine they see the wolf as a representation of the government's intrusion into their lives. So it is a resounding FU to government and environmental/wildlife groups that are forcing crap onto people out in the real world.

I think you’re overthinking it.

I’m wondering how the people reacted at the bar he brought it to. Maybe that’s why he brung it out back and finally shot it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
So the guy glided over the snow with a snowmobile and ran the wolf to exhaustion. The gave it a long torturous death. Kind of like what wolves do to elk and deer all winter. Shouldn’t have taken pictures. Documentation replaces speculation. Zero F’s given for the wolf but the pictures were plain stupid.

It's not suprising you have no issues with torturing wild animals for fun and pleasure.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Tarkio
In addition to his issues though, I bet that wolf represents more than a wolf to him and his buddies. I would imagine they see the wolf as a representation of the government's intrusion into their lives. So it is a resounding FU to government and environmental/wildlife groups that are forcing crap onto people out in the real world.

I think you’re overthinking it...

Maybe. But much the same thing happened here in western Oregon mill towns when the Feds listed the spotted owl. Idiots shot up any owl they saw and nailed them to the "Welcome" signs on the outskirts of mill towns.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
IDGAF!... only good wulf is a ded wulf... but should SSS in this fuqked up backward world... it's Miller Time!.. PS: ya'll see the legs & paws on that gottdanm thing?... Holy Fugg!...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Guy is a dumbazz

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That wolf was classified as a predator and Wyoming has no laws about cruelty to predators so the $250 is all WG&F could levy.
The dipwad will be the one responsible for laws passed now about that kind of activity.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by cv540
I am no expert on Wyoming laws but this would seem to apply.

(ii) Knowingly, and with intent to cause death or undue suffering, beats with cruelty, tortures, torments or mutilates an animal. (b) Felony cruelty to animals is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

Well you ARE correct about one thing, you're no expert on Wyoming law. The law you're quoting only applies to domesticated animals, aka "Pets" and does not apply in this case as Wolves are listed as Predators/Varmints. The wolf was captured in the "Predator" zone so there are no license violations, or such. The WG&F issued a citation for the only statute that they could against him, possession of a live wild animal.

Bad move on this guy's part, absolutely. I'm sure he will pay dearly for his lapse in judgment.

I recall a photograph that ran in a national publication many years ago of a man holding a live Coyote (with it's mouth tied shut) across his lap while setting on the stoop of a cabin in the West. He had taken it from a leghold trap on his trapline and brought it back alive. It was a much celebrated photograph.

The law doesn’t specify domesticated animals. An animal in captivity (either a zoo or captured wildlife) will quite often be considered under animal cruelty laws. Look at the Wyoming law. It clearly differentiates between animals, household pets and livestock. So you can’t say wildlife isn’t protected.

§ 6-3-1002. Cruelty to animals

(a) A person commits cruelty to animals if the person:

(i) Knowingly overrides an animal or drives an animal when overloaded;

(ii) Intentionally or knowingly, unnecessarily injures or beats an animal;

(iii) Knowingly carries an animal in a manner that poses undue risk of injury or death;

(iv) Has the charge and custody of any animal and under circumstances which manifest extreme indifference to the animal's safety, health or life:

(A) Fails to provide it with proper food, drink or protection from the weather adequate for the species;

(B) Abandons the animal. Relinquishment of an animal to a public or private animal shelter or like facility is not a violation of this subparagraph;

(C) In the case of immediate, obvious, serious illness or injury to the animal, fails to provide the animal with appropriate care; or

(D) Keeps any household pet in a manner that results in chronic or repeated serious physical harm to the household pet.

(v) Owns, possesses, keeps or trains fowls or dogs with the intent to allow the dog or fowl to engage in an exhibition of fighting with another dog or fowl;

(vi) For gain causes or allows any dog to fight with another dog or any fowl to fight with another fowl;

(vii) Promotes any dog or fowl fighting;

(viii) Knowingly permits any act prohibited under paragraphs (v) through (vii) of this subsection on any premises under the person's charge or control; or

(ix) Shoots, poisons or otherwise intentionally acts to seriously injure or destroy any livestock or domesticated animal owned by another person while the animal is on property where the animal is authorized to be present.

So this has been bouncing around for many days here in the state on various news media fronts. It's been cited many times in legitimate news sources, that the law does NOT apply to wild Predator varmints.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"legitimate news sources"????? What might they be, and where found?

I am more or less with Hotrod Lincoln on this issue. Most here will not agree, but I really DGAF. I got called out when I indicated I had zero compassion for bull-fighting, and less than zero compassion for those who pay to watch said animal being tortured before being killed (meme: bull jumping the ring video). I hoped the bull got a little payback for himself, is all.

I do not believe I was the one who should "seek help" for that opinion/ethics/ whatever. Quite the reverse actually.

Catch and release for " sport", I do consider a form of torture. How else would one describe deliberately inflicting stress and anguish, possibly needless death or mutilation on an animal for the sole reason of your own "enjoyment". If the fish is under or over sized, the wrong species, then "catch and release" is another thing.

I have commercial fished for salmon and slaughtered thousands with a gill net. I still use a gill net to catch personal use fish, but prefer a dip net, bonk, and gill tear to bleed the fish. Minimal stress on the fish for maximum quality. Strangling in a gill net isn't the best way to go from the fish's point of view. Even worse than hook and line. Tough titty - you is eats!

Do I "sport-fish"? Yes, on very rare occasion, I do "sport fish" for pike, & catch and release over what I want to eat. Anything else - No, not since I was a teen when it dawned on me that catching numerous trash fish and tossing them up on the bank alive to die slowly was maybe not the best thing to do. At least bonk them dead.

I don't delude myself about what I am doing tho. If you have a problem with HL's, or my, opinion, well, it's your problem, not mine.

My opinion isn't going to mean that I'm going to preclude you from your passion, icky (IMO) tho it may be.

Last edited by las; 04/09/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
What an idiot.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cv540: I am NO Wolf lover but this is sad and inhumane on so many levels.
Fugg'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V

I have a wolf skull (confirmed by SDSU bio and yellowstone wolf Bio) that I found while turkey hunting in the White River bottoms south of Chamberlain, SD. Found in 1997 I believe or 98? Deemed to be a transient from yellowstone.

And, if all true...this guy is the definition of trashy meat head. Guys like this need firm consequences because they just don't get it. He needs his teeth kicked in and at least a day in jail and 5k fine. I'm a huge hunter of everything. No animal deserves to suffer like that. Would he have done that with a deer? Break its leg, tie it up and parade around a bar? Doubt it. No difference. Another slash across the back for hunters.

Last edited by verg; 04/09/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,173
Posts18,484,607
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.