Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Phil is correct, an in-line regulator never hurts even if the device has a built in regulator, if flame of device isn’t sufficient the regulator can be turned for max line pressure or eliminated entirely, never hurts to error on the safe side

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Does changing the tank location fix the coughing concerns if the lantern is still in the tent? Or is it the type of gas being burned?

Last edited by vabowhntr; 04/09/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman
We had some folks saying our propane powered forklift was giving them headaches. We then got an electric forklift on trial without telling anyone about it and the same dang people were still complaining that the forklift was giving them headaches.

Are these people close enough to the forklift that they can hear it operate? If so, what race are they?

1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just realized I had a Little Buddy hose that would connect to my Coleman 2 burner propane lantern. Hooked it up to a tank and works just fine. No mushroom clouds in SE Oregon.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions/guidance.

1Minute
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by killerv
I use the propane post like others mentioned. If you have an Ollies store nearby, they recently got a ton of Coleman stuff in, they were selling the propane tree posts for 5 bucks.

I just picked up one of the Northern Novas, 3000 lumens, that joker will put out some light.

As far as the disposable green coleman bottles, I switched to the flameking refillables. Can buy the kit and refill them yourself off a 20lb tank.

The Flamekings will work but mostly with stoves. I messed with refilling pounder green bottles and on a OPD valved tank you can only get gas from them upside down until about half full because of the way the valve and safety float is engineered. If you use a bigger than 40#er and you turn it over to fill a 1# you'll fill it full of whats called heavy ends which is all the crud and stinky ethyl mercaptain which will most defineatly plug the generators on lanterns. Most of the price of the 1# green bottles is the small package but part of it is getting cleaner fuel.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've refilled the 1lb bottles for years. Put it in the freezer for 15 to 30 min. That condenses the gas and you can get more in. Weigh a new full one so you know what a full one weighs. Then, when you think a bottle is full, weigh it. If you're doing it right, you can overfill it. Then you have to bleed a little off. You don't want an overfilled one as they can swell in the heat. A small kitchen scale is a big help when refilling them.
I've found that after a few refills, the valve will sometimes start to leak. You can smell it and often hear it. If in doubt, dunk it in water. It's time to rid of that one.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
Thanks troops. Given the hoses for sale with the proper fittings and no mention of regulators, it seems direct hookups are possible. Also, there's no regulation with the green bottles. If one sees a mushroom cloud over SE Oregon this fall, and I seem to have vaporized, and a 12 x 14 wall tent falls from the sky, one will know what happened. There will be a dandy yard or estate sale at our home, as the kid has little interest in most of our doings.

Appreciated,

Dibbs on the two handed rods!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No liquid fuels inside my tent. The fire risk isn't worth it.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Whatever you buy try it at home first. Walmart had 2 bulk tank adapters that take the place of the 1 lb bottles. The Coleman Stove I use in Florida would only work with the more expensive adapter.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Goodbye Coleman..... Milwaukee GIDDS2-2490388 M18 Led Lantern/Flood Light https://a.co/d/9vmsygW

Yeah something like that or a gen set with LED lights.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 27 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,770
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.