Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I moved mine by myself, 800lbs empty. Just gotta be smarter than the load.

That being said, be careful. The business that I bought mine from is a Mom & Pop safe dealer with a couple of stores. The owner ran one store and his wife, the other. About a month ago the owner was in the store working alone as he always did, a safe fell over on him as he was moving it around and he was dead when found some time later in the evening. He was a fine example of what God would have us be and I pray that he didn't suffer.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Mine is 1,700 pounds empty. When I installed it, I wanted it up off the floor, so the door didn't catch my bare feet when I opened it. So, I built a rebar reinforced 6" high concrete slab slightly larger than the bottom of the safe and anchored to the house slab in the den. When it dried, I covered it with stained and varnished oak. Using the safe dollies, I rolled it up over the slab and set it down, bolting it to the new slab. Now when I open the door its 8" up off the floor.

Phil
Why in the world would you’d bolt down a 1700# safe?? Oh wait your a cocksucking liberal dumbass from California

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you can move a safe or any heavy object easily with a Roll-a-Lift. Strap the two halves together, lift and roll it anywhere you want then let the hydraulic jacks down and crib it any way you want. You can probably rent them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Mine weighed 760. I put in myself. Slid it into place on cardboard and a rug. Stood it up by hand. It was my physical limit at the time. I would never do something so foolish again.
Hire movers that know how to do it.
If I move mine is staying in place. I will buy a new larger one and have pros install it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigGrz
Call someone else and pay them to do it. It’s what I did.
Originally Posted by hanco
Pay them boys that know what the hell they are doing. They have battery dollies that raises and lowers safe to safely get it in and out of doors, trailers that raise and lower to the ground.
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Find a local company that sells safes, and ask who they use to deliver and install safes.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Empty it, and then take the door off.

It's the simple things...

GR

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If you are asking how, there is a great chance you should heed the advice to pay someone.

There is a real risk of damaging the safe, the house, or someone a lot more than the move would cost. Hell, tripping going up steps, carrying gear could cost more than paying for the move!

This right here.... ^^^^^^^

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I was quoted $4400 to move a Fat Boy and a Liberty 50 from the Atlanta area to west of Ft. Worth. I sold my safes to friends for $1k each and they moved them. I put that $2K with the $4400 i would have spent moving and bought new. I am happy and my friends now have relatively inexpensive decent safes.

Kris

G
G
Originally Posted by GregOlts47
If you're planning to move it yourself, make sure to use a heavy-duty dolly and secure straps to prevent it from tipping over. You might also consider hiring professional movers who have experience with heavy items like safes. They'll have the right equipment and know-how to move it safely.

Regarding opening the safe, grinding out the bottom sounds like a risky move. It might be worth exploring other options first, like contacting the manufacturer or a locksmith to see if they can help with the key or combination.
I've heard good things about Flyttfirma i Helsingborg when it comes to moving heavy items. They might be able to offer some advice or assistance if you decide to go that route.

Last edited by GregOlts47; 04/08/24.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I move mine around for exercise with a Toyota narrow pallet jack.

Last edited by tripod3; 04/08/24.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hire a safe mover, did it for years. Not bad if you have the right equipment.
I did learn-
Stairs are a bitch
Tile can crack
Schedule 80 PVC 1.5 - 2" is your friend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Can always count on the little pissant cowboy on his plywood horse, always acts like the child he is. Spinless little [bleep]...

Phil

Spineless eh?

At least I don't support child sex trafficking and wage busting black folk.

Damn Phyllis.

It simply amazes me that these marxist c unts continue to come back here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Why in the world would you’d bolt down a 1700# safe?? Oh wait your a cocksucking liberal dumbass from California

Should be obvious to even most DumbPhucks like yourself! Its because with most large safes, most of the weight is in the front of the safe, and with the door fully open there is a tipping hazard if not bolted down...

Phil

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Be careful moving safes please.

Pretty sure a business owner passed recently due to a safe falling on him, but not 100%.

Also, I tried moving one with a U-Haul and a dolly by myself. I did it, but quite honestly, I got lucky and it could have been bad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check the safe. I moved my safe at least two times before I learned that the door, (about 200lbs) came off the hinges when opened. Sure made moving the safe easier and safer.

If moving the safe up or down stairs, rent a fridge dolley with the tracks that ride the stairs.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Geeze, just rent a pair of Safe Dollies at any rental yard for $50. Strapped together one on each end (which also keeps the door in the unlocked and closed position) and the jacks do all the lifting.

[Linked Image from rigging.com]

One person can do it, but two is better. Protect the floors, and use a couple steels to go over thresholds.

Phil

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by nealglen37
Best way to move a heavy gun safe to a new house?

Pay somebody with the right equipment and young guys with good backs.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by nealglen37
Best way to move a heavy gun safe to a new house?

If new construction

Build the safe around the construction

In a basement corner

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
split level house, put the gun safe in the basement.

lower the safe down the stairs with a rope tied to a truck in the yard.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Geeze, just rent a pair of Safe Dollies at any rental yard for $50. Strapped together one on each end (which also keeps the door in the unlocked and closed position) and the jacks do all the lifting.

[Linked Image from rigging.com]

One person can do it, but two is better. Protect the floors, and use a couple steels to go over thresholds.

Phil
I got a set of those heavy as fuqk

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Angus1895, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 11 invisible), 1,307 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,151
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.