Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A couple of weeks ago I was approved for my first suppressor, intended solely for my Ruger Mark IV. And it's incredibly fun to use it on that gun. And then it occurred to me that I should have a bolt rifle option as a host for it also. I have a perfect overwatch position on my garden from our second story bedroom window. So I had the LGS order me a Savage Mark II FV-SR, which comes threaded for a suppressor. It came in today and went to pick it up. While I was there, I noticed he had a K22 Masterpiece from 1946 in excellent condition for a decent price, so I put down some money on that as well. It will be a perfect match for my 1948 K38 Masterpiece.
I brought the Savage home and mounted a 3-9x40 Leupold Rifleman on it and quickly dialed it in for dead on at 30 yards with CCI Subsonic HP ammunition. I'm very impressed with the Accutrigger and with subsonic ammunition it makes less sound than me snapping my fingers loudly. I'm very pleased and it will be interesting how precise it is off a bench. I sighted in with a bipod from prone position. Not perfect for shooting tiny groups, but good enough that I could put 10 shots on the center of the target and cover them with a dime. I'm happy.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice, those Savage mk2's are great rifles. You'll notice some don't run as slick as others, but that is easy to fix. They generally shoot very well. Not quite as popular here, but they are pretty good shooters, and for the price point, can't be beat IMHO.. I'll bet if you try some matchgrade ammo in that rifle, it will be shooting better than what you are getting right now, "10 shots you can cover with a dime". Keeping in mind, a dime is .750". Your rifle should shoot closer to sub 1/2" at 50 yards, with ammo it likes.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That’s ironic when I got my 22 can that’s the exact rifle I went and bought

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Try some CCI SV ammo with your new can. Works great for me and others with a variety of 22’s. Sure I’ve found match grade ammo lots that shoot better off a bench. For informal plinking this remains my choice.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ring3
Try some CCI SV ammo with your new can. Works great for me and others with a variety of 22’s. Sure I’ve found match grade ammo lots that shoot better off a bench. For informal plinking this remains my choice.

That stuff shoots like chidt in most of my 22's. The MK II I just got rid of loved it. The OP's rifle may or may not like it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Happy gardening selmer.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 1,937 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,875
Posts18,478,865
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.