-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gunchamp, I am with you. And I'm amazed at how many people are blind to the destruction of this country. I for the life of me can't understand voting for Biden or Hillary. Now I just watch and wait for the next shoe to drop. Who ever thought girl's/women's sports would have male participation?

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Gunchamp, I am with you. And I'm amazed at how many people are blind to the destruction of this country. I for the life of me can't understand voting for Biden or Hillary. Now I just watch and wait for the next shoe to drop. Who ever thought girl's/women's sports would have male participation?
I dont recognize this country anymore thats for sure

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by MAC
OP is a moron and has never served. All flag grade officers are political animals and they will reflect the politics of whichever president put forth their name for flag rank. My bet is every one of these retired officers got flag rank under Slick Willy and OBozo.

Gross generalizations tend to be well, gross. Of course "politics" permeates just about all aspects of professional life, military or civilian, but Presidents take no part in initial Flag/General Officer promotions, but yes some, (like Colin Powell for instance) are annointed. As to the last statement, lots of truth there. LOTS

Becoming an army general is a combination of well-defined steps and competitiveness at each level1. Here are the steps:

Become an Officer: All generals start out their careers at the most junior officer rank1. To become an officer requires a four-year college degree and receiving a commission through one of the officer commissioning sources such as a military academy, ROTC scholarship, or Officer Candidate School1.
Annual Evaluations: Every officer receives performance evaluations from their superior officers at least once a year1. The jobs and assignments an officer goes through along with how well those jobs were accomplished as shown on the evaluations determines how far they will be able to move up the rank and career ladder1.
Systematic Promotion Ladder: For the ranks of O-1 through O-6, the promotion system runs on a set timetable and what an officer needs to do to reach the next rank is fairly standardized1. Any officer who does a good job for the military should reach the O-5 rank and be able to stay in the service for the 20 years needed to draw a retirement check1.
O-7 Selection and Appointment: The O-7 through O-10 level are the four general officer ranks1. Officers who want a promotion to general will be reviewed by a general officer specific promotion board where the competition to get a star is very high and only the most qualified O-6 candidates will be chosen1. The board considers both the officer’s career leadership results and the needs of the service for general officers for specific positions1. From the promotion board recommendations, the President of the U.S. nominates an officer for promotion to the next star, and then the U.S. Senate must confirm the nomination1.

https://www.military-ranks.org/army/promotion-to-general#:~:text=At%20the%20recommendation%20of%20the%20Secretary%20of%20the,approved%20or%20disapproved%20by%20the%20United%20States%20Senate.

A General is a General Officer in the United States Army at DoD paygrade O-10. This page describes how the Army determines who is eligible for the promotion list to General.

As with Lieutenant Generals, the rank of full General is tied to the positions in which officers holding the rank serve, making it ostensibly a temporary position but in most cases a terminal one.

At the recommendation of the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary of Defense, the Commander-in-Chief nominates general officers, who meet the requirements of performance and time in service, for appointment to the rank of General.

Such nominations are then approved or disapproved by the United States Senate. Those approved see the candidate officers receive the rank and title of General upon confirmation, in which position they serve until they leave the position that required the rank or retire from service in the US Army.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tdoyka
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by MAC
OP is a moron and has never served. All flag grade officers are political animals and they will reflect the politics of whichever president put forth their name for flag rank. My bet is every one of these retired officers got flag rank under Slick Willy and OBozo.

Gross generalizations tend to be well, gross. Of course "politics" permeates just about all aspects of professional life, military or civilian, but Presidents take no part in initial Flag/General Officer promotions, but yes some, (like Colin Powell for instance) are annointed. As to the last statement, lots of truth there. LOTS

Becoming an army general is a combination of well-defined steps and competitiveness at each level1. Here are the steps:

Become an Officer: All generals start out their careers at the most junior officer rank1. To become an officer requires a four-year college degree and receiving a commission through one of the officer commissioning sources such as a military academy, ROTC scholarship, or Officer Candidate School1.
Annual Evaluations: Every officer receives performance evaluations from their superior officers at least once a year1. The jobs and assignments an officer goes through along with how well those jobs were accomplished as shown on the evaluations determines how far they will be able to move up the rank and career ladder1.
Systematic Promotion Ladder: For the ranks of O-1 through O-6, the promotion system runs on a set timetable and what an officer needs to do to reach the next rank is fairly standardized1. Any officer who does a good job for the military should reach the O-5 rank and be able to stay in the service for the 20 years needed to draw a retirement check1.
O-7 Selection and Appointment: The O-7 through O-10 level are the four general officer ranks1. Officers who want a promotion to general will be reviewed by a general officer specific promotion board where the competition to get a star is very high and only the most qualified O-6 candidates will be chosen1. The board considers both the officer’s career leadership results and the needs of the service for general officers for specific positions1. From the promotion board recommendations, the President of the U.S. nominates an officer for promotion to the next star, and then the U.S. Senate must confirm the nomination1.

https://www.military-ranks.org/army/promotion-to-general#:~:text=At%20the%20recommendation%20of%20the%20Secretary%20of%20the,approved%20or%20disapproved%20by%20the%20United%20States%20Senate.

A General is a General Officer in the United States Army at DoD paygrade O-10. This page describes how the Army determines who is eligible for the promotion list to General.

As with Lieutenant Generals, the rank of full General is tied to the positions in which officers holding the rank serve, making it ostensibly a temporary position but in most cases a terminal one.

At the recommendation of the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary of Defense, the Commander-in-Chief nominates general officers, who meet the requirements of performance and time in service, for appointment to the rank of General.

Such nominations are then approved or disapproved by the United States Senate. Those approved see the candidate officers receive the rank and title of General upon confirmation, in which position they serve until they leave the position that required the rank or retire from service in the US Army.

You left out the most important aspect of reaching flag ranks- grooming. Mavericks do not reach the highest levels any more. The golden children are guided through their careers by mentors and placed in positions where they can advance. Ring knocker, aide de camp, and Pentagon are all good steps for making rank.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mrfudd
You left out the most important aspect of reaching flag ranks- grooming. Mavericks do not reach the highest levels any more. The golden children are guided through their careers by mentors and placed in positions where they can advance. Ring knocker, aide de camp, and Pentagon are all good steps for making rank.

Nothing new here, organizations ALL "groom" the good ones as to the other...two Pentagon tours, one Bureau, held loops twice....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Patriots are in control 😂🤣😂🤣😂

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
…and they are intentionally “helping the Democrats destroy America and Americans” in order to show Americans how bad it is. Jag

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
George Soros and his followers have weaponized all three branches of government, the media, sports, Hollywood, LE and the military. Epstein played a crucial role in this weaponization until he was no longer useful.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
…and they are intentionally “helping the Democrats destroy America and Americans” in order to show Americans how bad it is. Jag

When FBI Lawyer Kevin Clinesmith lied before the FISA Court and was given his life back that should been a Wake Up Call to All the Sheep ..

That being “ They “ own your Legal System

When General Milley Conspired with the Chinese against the Chain of Command that should have Woken the Sheep .

When the Commander and Chief didn’t fire General Milley and have him put in Chains that should have told you that something or somebody Owns Your Country..

This ain’t going to be Settled at the Ballot Box

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The purge in the military was apparent during my time, Carter administration. It was sad what was happening , today it is appalling how deep it has permeated! My hat is off to those still surviving the suck! I pray Trump prevails this next go around, all others can suck my Dick Tracy!

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (1beaver_shooter, 14idaho, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,655
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.