Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What exactly is no longer manufactured in the USA to warrant the "Assembled in the USA" moniker?

Don't care about personal opinions on them, I just want a factual answer. If it's just glass, I am good with that.

Yada, yada, fat, retard, hints, window likkers, clueless, trolls and especially those who don't shoot, those who shoot everything or those resigned to live in Texas. I forget anyone? We get it and we still don't care.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Probably all the guts

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The manufacture of John Browning’s firearm inventions and designs were moved to FN in Belgium at one point, then to Japan

Does that mean they suck?

Last edited by rcamuglia; 04/11/24.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The manufacture of John Browning’s firearm inventions and designs were moved to FN in Belgium at one point, then to Japan

Who said anything about sucking?

Sounds like a personal issue.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
It’s a Global economy. Lots of stuff made in lots of places even if assembled here.

My John Deere tractor, made in the state of GA, has some European parts. Lots have Mexican parts.

I’ve read that Leupold scopes have Asian glass. Not sure where from or if that’s all they import. They not saying. John Deere not saying.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While it's impossible to say what exact components or assemblies are outsourced in any product, here's an over view of the terminology.

https://supplychaingamechanger.com/made-in-america-vs-assembled-in-america-defining-terms/

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Darryle
What exactly is no longer manufactured in the USA to warrant the "Assembled in the USA" moniker?

Don't care about personal opinions on them, I just want a factual answer. If it's just glass, I am good with that.

Yada, yada, fat, retard, hints, window likkers, clueless, trolls and especially those who don't shoot, those who shoot everything or those resigned to live in Texas. I forget anyone? We get it and we still don't care.

Everything "machined" is machined in the USA so if it's a part made on a lathe or mill it's made here. That covers most all the internals like erector tubes and adjustments/turrets.

Lenses are imported. Don't know about springs. Don't know about seals or o-rings.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
While it's impossible to say what exact components or assemblies are outsourced in any product, here's an over view of the terminology.

https://supplychaingamechanger.com/made-in-america-vs-assembled-in-america-defining-terms/

Good shootin' smile -Al
Very informative. Thanks, Al.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glass/lenses are not made in many places. Most companies get the glass from a foundry, and then add the coatings.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Well glass doesn't bother me, springs and seals, maybe not a huge concern either.

I have my eye on a VX-5HD or possibly a VX-6HD.

I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion. But, there were probably only 2 or 3 Auto-5s made physically in the USA, after that they were all made in Herstal or Kochi, except for the American Browning's. I've only had a couple hundred different Auto-5s, so, I probably don't know much about there quality.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupolds would actually track,repeat and hold zero,if they simply let LOW make 'em...guts,feathers and all. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupolds would actually track,repeat and hold zero,if they simply let LOW make 'em...guts,feathers and all. Hint...............
LOW has to be one of the premiere glass manufacturing companies anywhere. They make some of the best.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked in a GM manufacturing facility in Tennessee for six years. Almost every single part was made in China but a few were from Mexico. As a lifelong cheerleader for Leupold my enthusiasm is fading fast.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I couldn't begin to guess how many tens of thousands of come-up solutions I've dumped into Leupie erectors...less issue.............

This one is an Instant Classic,for a multitude of reasons,which fly over most heads.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep "living" vicariously,as you prove you are addicted to me. Hint.

It would help your "cause",if you were transparent with dates and Thread numbering. Hint.

In fairness however,I've not received a NIB Reupold,since earlier today. Won't take much "luck" for it to surpass my recent Reupold MK5 HD,which is THE biggest piece of fhuqking schit Reupold I've ever seen,shot or bought. Hint.

The MK5 HD was/is simply AMAZINGLY Fhuqking Schitty. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying, as you steal pics.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Johnny “Vicarious” NyQuil,

The guts are made in China . LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

No. But you do lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well glass doesn't bother me, springs and seals, maybe not a huge concern either.

I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion. But, there were probably only 2 or 3 Auto-5s made physically in the USA, after that they were all made in Herstal or Kochi, except for the American Browning's. I've only had a couple hundred different Auto-5s, so, I probably don't know much about there quality.

If you want a high end optic with the feature set of the VX-5/6 there really is not a lot out there.

2nd FP
3-18X magnification
light weight
durability
excellent tracking/zero retention
great optical design meaning very large eyebox and small ocular bezel,
best hunting illumination
good reticles I like the illuminated TMOA
very good low light performance
locking turrets with zero stop. I add an extra locking spot 1 MOA above the factory stop so I can lock it on 200yds or 100yds with most rifles
20 MOA per rotation
plenty of internal adjustment
Made in USA (mostly).

The VX-6 checks all the right boxes for me.

As a side note I don't know where the electronics for the illumination are produced.

I would be interested in what others find that checks those boxes.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I may have misunderstood your post before my 1st cup of coffee this morning, but I was guessing that you were trying to equate lesser quality with foreign manufacture. My point was that John Browning‘s designs were genius and he obviously had quality standards, no matter where they were produced.

I would bet Leupold is the same.

P.S.

Many have a notion that Belgium made Brownings are of a higher quality than those made in Japan.

A friend who worked there his entire life gave an example of the semi automatic Browning 22 rifle. He said they tested them side-by-side over thousands and thousands of rounds, and the Japanese models continued to run after the Belgians quit.

You’ve owned 200 Auto-5s?

Last edited by rcamuglia; 04/11/24.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
No fugking way Leupold is in the same league as John Moses Browning. Not even close

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.