Campfire Tracker
T

Tarquin
GB4

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What a joy it will be to watch the liberal hive mind explode when DJT starts undoing all this crap.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm all for preserving ancient knowledge, but that's not what this is about. It's just an excuse to steal money.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They thought banging on a drum and dancing would bring rain. Some of us think driving our cars less will change the Earth's climate. Really, which one is more foolish.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ignorance and superstition prevails over science and technology every time for leftists.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RHClark
I'm all for preserving ancient knowledge, but that's not what this is about. It's just an excuse to steal money.

The grifters always are on the prowl for some new scam they can run to stow away more tax $$$$$ in their personal bank accounts. Anyone who falls for this type scam knows nothing about the various Indian tribes and their interactions with each other and other tribes.

Oh well, just another day in the scam scene.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Indigenous knowledge" - like inventing the wheel? Oh, wait, that didn't happen here....

Pfft. Stone age tribes living a hardscrabble life on the plains didn't help Benjamin Franklin or Eli Whitney or Thomas Edison or the Wright brothers invent anything.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rainshot
Ignorance and superstition prevails over science and technology every time for leftists.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Still better than sending money to Ukraine.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
The Injuns and Warren Buffet have pushed hard for the Klamath Dams Removal....Time will tell, but the Klamath River Dams removal project will be a testament to 'indigenous knowledge'. The first 2 dams of the 4 were taken out, behind schedule, and instead of a staged release, they just let 'er rip...moving hundreds of thousands of tons of clay silt into the river...uncounted fish kill and crayfish...what crayfish cannot survive muddy water? It must have been bad.
So they are off to a bad start, with the biggest 2 dams to go.
The Injun 'environmental and cultural advisors' on the project, hired at insane salaries at the get go, are completely silent on the 'mud flood' aquatic kill.
This is shaping up as another Keystone pipeline debacle...Injun experts with no experience whatsoever shaping policy. You and I pay for it...and Warren Buffet whether it works out well or not, has had a huge albatross removed from his investment portfolio...also at the peoples expense.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RHClark

Yep. Scam Alert.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do not discount all indigenous knowledge..............well, maybe some of it has been lost.

Back 100 or so years ago some botanist was studying manzanita and asked a young Indian girl what kind they had in the area. She rattled off three names for their local stuff. The dude says, well that can't be right, there are only two kinds known around here.........she promptly took him up and showed him three different kinds.

Kinda like the "experts" who say there are no mt lions in such and such a place when the locals have been seeing them around.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hmmmmm- - - - - -sort of sounds like the same sort of scam Alex Hailey pulled when he wrote "Roots"- - - - -pure fantasy, mixed with a healthy dose of plaigarism!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Is The Farmer's Almanac still around? How accurate is it?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They were supposedly here for 10k years, depending on who's reporting, before whites. Yet, with all that knowledge, they didn't have steel knives or spear points, glass beads, guns, whiskey, horses, or any metal anything. They didn't have the wheel, medicine beyond a witch doctor, not even matches to light a fire.
So where is that 'Indigenous knowledge' that they're famous for?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wonder what the feds would do if a couple of northern Michigan Indian tribes said they have "indigenous knowledge" that wolves are bad for the environment...🦌

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are some real wackos making policy these days.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One with nature.... flute music.... wind blowing through the hair......

[Linked Image from vignette.wikia.nocookie.net]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Recently the EPA was budgeted I think it was 4 billion specifically to “fight climate change”.
400 million $ was allocated for the tribes.
Political pay back?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They were supposedly here for 10k years, depending on who's reporting, before whites. Yet, with all that knowledge, they didn't have steel knives or spear points, glass beads, guns, whiskey, horses, or any metal anything. They didn't have the wheel, medicine beyond a witch doctor, not even matches to light a fire.
So where is that 'Indigenous knowledge' that they're famous for?

In a thunderstorm some of the braves, at the direction of the tribal shaman, would shoot arrows up at the storm clouds. There were some 'unintended consequences' occasionally.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 49 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,989
Posts18,481,059
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.