Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Some folks are not open to the idea of thinking. It's just too painful to consider "I may be wrong".
Does that apply to you too…? Or just to those who don’t agree with your Hebrew Roots Movement psychobabble…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Some folks are not open to the idea of thinking. It's just too painful to consider "I may be wrong".
Does that apply to you too…? Or just to those who don’t agree with your Hebrew Roots Movement psychobabble…?
I know I don't have the whole story and I could be wrong on some things. But when the captain of the ship puts me to steering the boat and tells me something that I know he has the authority and knowledge to tell me and then warns me that there are sailors on board that will lie to me about his instructions I will be on the lookout.

Before you jump on this, I am not saying Jesus put me to driving his boat. But he did clearly tell me what to be on the lookout for. Does the desert and secret chambers ring a bell?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If you read Genesis 4 it indicates that there were other people in the land of Nod. Cain took a wife there. God marked Cain so the other people wouldn't kill him. There were other people.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
If you read Genesis 4 it indicates that there were other people in the land of Nod. Cain took a wife there. God marked Cain so the other people wouldn't kill him. There were other people.

You are using the Bible. Go to Genesis 3 and you see Eve was the mother of ALL the living humans. Check out Acts 17 and you find all people came from one man.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are using the Bible. Go to Genesis 3 and you see Eve was the mother of ALL the living humans. Check out Acts 17 and you find all people came from one man.
Where did all the different races and sub-species of man come from? A bunch of Swedish aren't going to turn into Negroes in 10,000 years. I don't care if you put them in hottest Afriica.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know I don't have the whole story and I could be wrong on some things. But when the captain of the ship puts me to steering the boat and tells me something that I know he has the authority and knowledge to tell me and then warns me that there are sailors on board that will lie to me about his instructions I will be on the lookout. Before you jump on this, I am not saying Jesus put me to driving his boat. But he did clearly tell me what to be on the lookout for. Does the desert and secret chambers ring a bell?
So basically it doesn't apply to you. That’s all you had to say, that it doesn’t apply to you. Thanks for verifying about yourself what has been clearly obvious to many of us here all along.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

This is just one of many contradictions demonstrating the unreliability of The Bible.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This is just one of many contradictions demonstrating the unreliability of The Bible.

People forget that the bible was written by men.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro

You aren't aware its Words were guided by the Holy Spirit? How sad.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

What's sadder?

You think you are GTG.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am a believer. I believe Biblical history is the.history of the Hebrews. Land of Nod, Races of Giants that the Hebrews had to fight is just a question I have and the answer maybe that there were other races of people on the earth. From Adam to now is probably 5 to 6000 years if you go by the geneology and some guessing on the age of each begat. There is evidence also that the globe is a lot older than that. It took a while for the Grand Canyon to erode that much. Many known things about geology indicate an older earth. We can ask God for those answers when we die or not if none of it is true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here’s the world’s most prominent atheist, Richard Dawkins…admitting to Intelligent Design…just as long as the Designer isn't God.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
If this is isn't proof, I don't know what is! It's obvious that dinosaur power was needed to build the pyramids.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Is Geology not taught in American schools? FFS.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know I don't have the whole story and I could be wrong on some things. But when the captain of the ship puts me to steering the boat and tells me something that I know he has the authority and knowledge to tell me and then warns me that there are sailors on board that will lie to me about his instructions I will be on the lookout. Before you jump on this, I am not saying Jesus put me to driving his boat. But he did clearly tell me what to be on the lookout for. Does the desert and secret chambers ring a bell?
So basically it doesn't apply to you. That’s all you had to say, that it doesn’t apply to you. Thanks for verifying about yourself what has been clearly obvious to many of us here all along.
You are just being a mean bullying sort that has mischaracterized what I said. I clearly said "I could be wrong". You are not coming across as a very persuasive representative of Jesus. Lucky for me I've become rather inured to the criticism of self appointed mind readers. I just believe that you have after being (mis)schooled about Jesus and Paul in an earlier life have in a sense added 2+2 and come up with 22 instead of 4. But you aren't alone and most people that have accepted your version of theology aren't going to consider that the theory they hold dear has some serious holes in it.

Think of Jesus' warning about someone claiming to have met him in the desert or secret chambers. Think of the improbability of Jesus in secret appointing an extra apostle 3 or 4 years later. Think of the improbability of him appointing a person no one would trust without appearing in person and making the announcement. Not to mention Paul teaches doctrines that as President Thomas Jefferson said "corrupt the doctrine of Jesus". Contrary to what you have said there is every evidence that Paul was renounced by the Jerusalem Church and all the satellite churches, he said so himself if he in fact wrote that letter,

If he was accepted by the Christians why was he so afraid of them that he caught a boat to Rome where he basically disappeared until some of his writings or at least writings accredited to Paul were canonized by the Roman church long after Paul disappeared. I find it a significant departure from Jesus in Romans 13 where he calls the civil government as God's servant for the good and clearly says if you rebel against the government you are rebelling against God.

Don't forget Paul's endorsement of slavery and his admonishment to slaves to obey.

Then there is his weirdness about women.

He is just a suspicious character if we have the straight story on him. No wonder the Christians that knew him personally ran him off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. What you said was analogous to saying, “I’m sorry,” and then proceeding to justify doing what you were apologizing for in the first place.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Then there is his weirdness about women.

Hastings, would you be willing to expound on this?

It is new to me.

TIA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again, Luke’s book of Acts makes it clear that everyone…including the Jerusalem apostles…was completely on board with Paul’s view regarding the complete incompatibility of Jesus’ New Covenant with the Law of Moses. The only one’s in opposition to it were the Judaizers. Like you.

In the narrative of Acts, it’s actually Peter…not Paul…who first learns this lesson from God Himself, and then acts upon it by helping to convert a Gentile, the centurion Cornelius. Then…after Paul’s first missionary journey to Gentile lands…at a conference called in Jerusalem to deal with the issue (do Gentlie believers need to become Jews and follow the Mosaic Law in order to be Christians), there is rousing support for Paul’s view among all of the people that matter, with James and Peter speaking up for Paul’s position.

In Acts of the Apostles there is no opposition to Paul among the other apostles; on the contrary, Paul and the others see eye-to-eye in every way on this issue ~ and on all others. Acts clearly shows that there were no splits in the apostolic band, of any kind, whatsoever. You clearly have a different opinion on these matters. But your wacky false beliefs are quickly and decisively put down by this apostolic unity.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No. What you said was analogous to saying, “I’m sorry,” and then proceeding to justify doing what you were apologizing for in the first place.
Wrong

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's a claim made by man, not God...from whom we hear nothing.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am a believer. I believe Biblical history is the.history of the Hebrews. Land of Nod, Races of Giants that the Hebrews had to fight is just a question I have and the answer maybe that there were other races of people on the earth. From Adam to now is probably 5 to 6000 years if you go by the geneology and some guessing on the age of each begat. There is evidence also that the globe is a lot older than that. It took a while for the Grand Canyon to erode that much. Many known things about geology indicate an older earth. We can ask God for those answers when we die or not if none of it is true.

My. St. Hellens proved canyon formation does not take a long time.

Everyday Hunter
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,867 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,794
Posts18,477,352
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.