-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm gonna keep staying dumbfuck hermit and not see, much less deal with one.

Bigger fish to fry than fiddle [bleep]' bullchit like this.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by T_Inman
There is pretty much nothing that I don’t ❤️ about the self checkouts. I don’t believe in any way that they take away jobs.

Full service lanes can go the way of the dodo for all I care, just like full service fuel stations (where legal).
You sir are an idiot.

👍
I’ll take that as a compliment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well shît

That’s it, I’ll never step foot in there again.

Ah crap, I have to buy a 40gal water heater tomorrow.

Ok, after that- I’m never stepping foot in there again. Gonna just give up and watch Lee Marvin movies till I run out of Namenda

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
High costs for labor will do that.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
There is pretty much nothing that I don’t ❤️ about the self checkouts. I don’t believe in any way that they take away jobs.

Full service lanes can go the way of the dodo for all I care, just like full service fuel stations (where legal).
You sir are an idiot.

👍
I’ll take that as a compliment.

Considering he's the most negative bitch here, I should say so. You keep posting T, please.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ok I’m just funnin’

I’m a ProCustomer, park under the portico, grab Cleadus soon I get in and ask em to help pull my merch. Contractor Sales rings me up.
Ain’t no Rose Bush Dumbasses on my end of the bldg.
Cleadus and Forklift Darrell load up my stuff on my trailer and I sling em $5 each.

YeeHaw

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Full service means they are paying 1 checker per lane. Self service means that they are paying 1 person to assist on a half dozen or more lanes.

There’s also X people employed manufacturing them, people programming the software into them and people employed to repair them.

A lack of checkout jobs (might, at least) give would be checkers some incentive to build a better career instead of spending their life working a job fit for a high school student.

There are plenty more reasons for me to like the self checkers but I’ll leave it at that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I can check out a lot faster, enter my military discount, and don't have to talk to anyone. Win, win they way I see it.
They should hire a twice retired boomer to run a boomer only lane. My parents would love it.
Some folks wouldn't believe what they've done to gas stations....

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These [bleep] companies want you to give them your money and make YOU work to give it to them. I walk out when I see its self checkout.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
These [bleep] companies want you to give them your money and make YOU work to give it to them. I walk out when I see its self checkout.

Do you demand a store worker also accompany you everywhere in the store to put things in your cart for you?

You can also make sure the minimum wage worker doesn’t fat finger the register, instantly know he doesn’t ring you up twice for something, you can confirm the price is correct and make sure he doesn’t slam your apples on the counter, bruising them.

That is more than worth the ‘work’ it takes to check myself out.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Our local Chinese embassy is doing a store-wide remodel.

Part of that is removing the 4 self check kiosks at each end of the store. There will now be 12 at each end. I only wish they were 10 items if less.

Very frustrating watching Gertrude flip an item 6 or 7 times to find the upc and then still take three swipes to get it read.

Sheesh.

All while I’m holding 5 items.

Double sheesh.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I shop Lowes occasionally; usually around Christmas. Tools make nice gifts. Clean store with good selection. Prices are decent.

I like self checkouts. Typically no waiting here. Quick in & out. Big grocery orders go to the regular checkout. Not enough counter space at the selfies. Best to shop off hours and avoid long lines.

Kiosks replacing workers? I don’t care. It’s a business, not an employment agency. Lower prices there just means the money goes somewhere else. It’s not being buried in the backyard. Economics kind of works that way. You could always give the savings to the panhandler outside, if your conscience demands it. 🫤

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
High costs for labor will do that.

Well consider this...

I asked the manager of our local Wally World, why they were taking out the self check out, and putting back in the regular manned Check out stations. Our town has about 45,000 people in it. Granted we are way over quota on methheads, Beavis and Butthead types, and welfare bums.

Our local store was suffering well over a million dollars a month in theft with the self check out station. I can tell ya they are nowhere even near a million dollars in month in wages at the full serve check out lines.

Only thing driving this, is the large amount of theft, which is all over the nation.

Wonder if the idiot that championed self check out as a way to save money for Wally Mart Management bonuses, still has a job there. If he does, you know his last name has to be Walton and he is part of the family who owns it... but I bet he took a big job demotion.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Haven't been to a Lowe's in decades....i hate the store.....Home Depot is right behind it.....been at least 15 years since I've been to either one.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Full service means they are paying 1 checker per lane. Self service means that they are paying 1 person to assist on a half dozen or more lanes.

I haven’t seen more than two fuggin lanes open even at Christmas time so there is no job loss, many times I see two employees bullchitting at the self serve when I have to get an override to buy fuggin gas treatment.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I like self checkouts. Typically no waiting here. Quick in & out. Big grocery orders go to the regular checkout. Not enough counter space at the selfies. Best to shop off hours and avoid long lines.
Depends on the setup. Winco, where we get groceries, has a micro counter and it's on a scale. Everything has to be piled on the little shelf and you can't take anything off to make room until you've paid or it all comes to a halt. Walmart and Home Depot have hand held scanners so you can scan stuff right in the cart and not have to put it on the counter at all. Costco has a big shelf but no hand held scanners. They have roving checkers with scanners who will come over and scan stuff in the cart. In the last couple months, they've added more of these checkers who will come running over as soon as you've scanned your card. They'll do all the scanning then let you finish the payment on your own.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They b training your children for future slaves.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The scale thing sucks, thats what they were using on base at the commissary, then changed it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
when i check out at lumber they always ask did you find what you were looking for. my reply is i see you don't shop here, then they ask why. i tell them if they would change to store around every other damn week i would find what im looking for

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If they ask "Did you find what you were looking for?" and you reply "No", they just get the deer in the headlights look.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (808outdoors, BALLISTIK, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.