-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just opened it. Worked for me. At least one guy down under has some balls.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah Ron but it didn't sound like he was an aussie.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Watching the men run away makes me shake my head. It seems that Australia has a serious lack of men!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Proof you don’t need a gun!!! The police will take care of you…..eventually…

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
It now takes me to the story, but the video is gone. Can't have regular people seeing that you can stand up to mass killers.

This. Dont let the "fight back" go viral on social media.

Must remain helpless.

Must.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Watching the men run away makes me shake my head. It seems that Australia has a serious lack of men!
Yep, if every able bodied male grabbed chairs/flower pot/sign/stick/rock and rushed the stabber- throw whatever at him. He'll have to react to it- tackle him- control the knife- and kick him in the face until the cops get there.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Yep, if every able bodied male grabbed chairs/flower pot/sign/stick/rock and rushed the stabber- throw whatever at him. He'll have to react to it- tackle him- control the knife- and kick him in the face until the cops get there.

That’s exactly what I said to my wife. I’d send her and the kids to safety while I grabbed a clothes rack or whatever. I’m not running away, I’m running towards danger!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
LIKE- that's exactly the way every MAN should think !!!!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’ve never ran from anything, you advance and figure out how to attack, that’s what us 50’s born were taught.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
so men and I use that term loosely ran from defending women and children??? If that’s the case, that is truly pathetic.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Springcove
so men and I use that term loosely ran from defending women and children??? If that’s the case, that is truly pathetic.

You can never know for certain until it's actually put to the test. My thinking has been greatly influenced by what my son told me about his service in Iraq. Battalion XO of an Army NG unit that saw lots of action. Said you never know how someone will react until the metal starts flying. He saw "badasses" curl up in a fetal position, and the scared skinny kid come through. In general, he had little regard for a certain armed "profession". Acknowledged that these are generalities, with exceptions.

On a personal note, I know my values, know what I think and hope I would do, but admit I can't predict for certain. At my age I hope I make it through whatever is left of my life without being put to that test. Peace.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Absolutely. Also remember that people who buy guns illegally ain't going to anymore because President senile old fool issued a new order,

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I saw a pic on ABC News, the psycho was riding up on the escalator, you can see the big knife in his right hand. At the top of the escalator stood a civilian, he had a four foot long flower pot made of metal, something like that, heavy and 4 feet long, and he was waiting on Psycho and going to attack him then and there. I don't know what happened there, the news caster didn't explain and it was a still photo not video.

So, at least one man had the guts to confront the Psycho.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Thegman
"They said they were not able to name him until a formal identification had taken place but that they weren't treating the attack as terrorism-related."

Yet:

"NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said ....he was a 40-year-old who was known to police... but not believed to have held terrorist beliefs. He has not been formally identified. Police are confident he acted alone."

So, he's known to police but they can't "formally" identify him. Sounds like sandbagging until the story loses some steam, to me.

I guess I was wrong, or not completely right, anyway. Sounds like a deranged nut job.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rge-Bondi-Junction-Westfield-attack.html

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
So that means he was a queer, that had mental problems, I thought they all had something wrong mentally, so now we have all the different Arabs, illegal’s , hood rats, gage bangers Mex. And queer’s that claim to be trans. It’s coming!!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
as long as everyone involved was vaccinated then all is good

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
in the real world, that fkr should be bleeding out from 15 bullet holes in his useless carcass

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Swamplord
in the real world, that fkr should be bleeding out from 15 bullet holes in his useless carcass
Absolutely!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Some of you blokes are just too ready to jump in, in complete ignorance of the facts, to let your prejudices have full rein. I thought it was only the left which would seek to capitalise on tragedies to make petty political points.

There's just so much nonsense to wade through. It wasn't a terrorist event. The bloke wasn't a Muslim. He was an Australian, with a history of mental illness, and according to his parents and some of the women he dated, socially inept and desperate for a relationship - an incel in other words.

Self defence isn't illegal here. The men didn't all run away - several confronted him, while others helped women and children to safety. Those who confronted him are being hailed for it, not criticised. Would you armchair heroes have done any better?

Yes, people don't carry here. But they never did. People in Australia didn't routinely go armed even when it was legal. Australia is a safe place - crime rates are low and have steadily been dropping for decades. And incidents like this are vanishingly rare. I remember well the last time there was a mass killing in a shopping centre, because I was there - and it was 33 years ago. It was the first time too. However as this and the other stabbing this week have demonstrated, that doesn't mean we are cowards - people will step up nonetheless, and confront evildoers.

I don't need to be lectured or sneered at about our gun laws either. Especially by those who have no clue what they are. I lived through all of what followed Port Arthur, and I don't agree with much of what changed. However, I quite like living in a country where people don't generally feel the need to go armed to do the shopping.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, that clears up a few things.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 19 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,754
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.