Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, that seems to be the worst part of getting old, i.e., the world you always thought of as "the world" passes away, to include all the people who populated it.

GB4

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I know Eastwood's ranch manager, it sounds like the old boy is still mentally sharp.
Yall go pheasant hunting? Have hors d'oeuvre with the president of Romania ?
I stay clear away, way out of my loser lifestyle...but I did get a ranch tour once when the old gentleman was in Mexico...saw a couple fine bucks and some trout the size of salmon. I bet Shrapnel buys the place when the old boy passes on.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You say "Clint" and I think this....

[Linked Image from e0.pxfuel.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's so sad about that photo? Asking because, to some, I and others here probably look like some version of the same. But, physical appearance has turned out to be a rather poor indicator of significance. What is the root of those comments about "sad"?

I doubt that CE is sad about his age and time of existence in general. He has made and lived an interesting and productive life - the wise folks know it's a cycle and he seems to have ridden and managed his aspect quite well. Maybe fortunate that it's such a cycle, otherwise some - - - - - -.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He sure seems to have spread his DNA around. So long as he did so responsibly, more power to him.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
They say a person dies twice: First, when you pass away. Second, when the last person who knows you dies.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A senior neighbor complains of everyone either dying or losing their minds. She's headed to an assisted living facility in a few days.

My complaint: Can't get my hunting/fishing buddies out anymore. Young ones are too busy and the old ones unable.

He has been an especially fine director.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/14/24.

1Minute
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Clint Eastwood will always be one of the greats in my book. He had his own style. He always worked out and was active. It’s sad to see people go downhill. My grandfather made it to 102. At 100 he was still driving long distances. My grandmother was 12 years younger and when she died my grandpa went downhill. They call it Life!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw an interview with him when he was in his 80's IIRC. One comment I remember went something like, "one good thing about getting older is you don't give a crap about anything".

Which has fortunately turned out to be true. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My mother died last year at 104. She got a covid booster and a week later died of a stroke. Related? We'll never know for sure but we're suspicious.
Anyway, she didn't have a single old friend left. She outlived them all. She knew younger ladies (80 and younger) in her church and did things with them but she never really connected with any of them. She lived with my sister for her last 7 years.

My grandmother was 104 when she died as well.

She missed her friends.

I had a great aunt that made it until 104, she told me that when she prayed every night from about 99 years old on that she asked to go peacefully in her sleep.

She outlived her husband, friends and 3 of her kids.

She was a great lady that enjoyed good health but in a way I felt bad for her in her later years.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
They say a person dies twice: First, when you pass away. Second, when the last person who knows you dies.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
What's so sad about that photo? Asking because, to some, I and others here probably look like some version of the same. But, physical appearance has turned out to be a rather poor indicator of significance. What is the root of those comments about "sad"?

I doubt that CE is sad about his age and time of existence in general. He has made and lived an interesting and productive life - the wise folks know it's a cycle and he seems to have ridden and managed his aspect quite well. Maybe fortunate that it's such a cycle, otherwise some - - - - - -.

I, for one, didn't say "sad".

For me, watching the folks we remember as a certain way, because we have watched them so long... since they were young themselves, pushes our own faces in front of the mirror to see our own old age and mortality.

For one, I do feel sadness when we loose someone like Clint or Gene. It's like part of what we know is gone as well. John Wayne comes to mind. Glad those 3 guys made lots of movies to enjoy when we feel like it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Same here. Or at least Gran Torino.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Isn't that out of sequence?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
He's still working, currently Directing and Producing his next movie "Juror No. 2". At 94 that's a hell of a lot more than most of us.

Phil

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My best friend groaning up mother lived to over a hundred. I asked what she thought about it. Her answer was (Don’t live this long). Must say I agree with her. Edk

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
By the way, the actual quote is:

“Every man has two deaths, when he is buried in the ground and the last time someone says his name.
In some ways men can be immortal.”

Ernest Hemingway

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep.

Another Yep from me.

"You have to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky, well do ya punk?" AWESOME!

What a stud, what a life!

KB

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
"My horse doesn't like the way you fellas were laughing at him."

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,085
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.