Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seeing pics of Clint and Gene, I see imagine in my head instead of their younger days on Screen.

With Clint, I see him standing there in Dirty Harry, holding that 44 Mag, pointing it at a criminals head with that iconic Statement " Good Ahead! Make my Day!"

When you were really cool, then you don't get old, you just slowly fade away in Glory.

Both Clint and Gene, those are two guys that they broke the mold on.... those two guys will always be both YOUNG and GREAT in my head. You don't see any actors I can think of today, that have anywhere near the cool factor those two gentlemen brought to the stage.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB4

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Tip-o-da-hat to Mr. Eastwood.

At one point I thought it would be cool to live to be 100 years old. Having watched several relatives well into their 90's... At this point, I will try my best to be ready when the Good Lord say it is my day... Until then, still kicking. Maybe not so high. But still kicking...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
You don't see any actors I can think of today, that have anywhere near the cool factor those two gentlemen brought to the stage.
Screen.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Tip-o-da-hat to Mr. Eastwood.

At one point I thought it would be cool to live to be 100 years old. Having watched several relatives well into their 90's... At this point, I will try my best to be ready when the Good Lord say it is my day... Until then, still kicking. Maybe not so high. But still kicking...
A young man who works at the local pawn/gun shop told me he intends to live over a hundred, and he's telling me how he's going to accomplish it by eating right, etc.. I told him it's not that great being 60, let alone 100.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My mother died last year at 104. She got a covid booster and a week later died of a stroke. Related? We'll never know for sure but we're suspicious.
Anyway, she didn't have a single old friend left. She outlived them all. She knew younger ladies (80 and younger) in her church and did things with them but she never really connected with any of them. She lived with my sister for her last 7 years.

My grandmother was 104 when she died as well.

She missed her friends.

My Grandmother who died 4 years ago lived to be 99.

She was still mentally sharp until about the last 3 years. She outlived 5 of her 6 kids.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/14/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wasn't a horse- - - - -it was a mule!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Wasn't a horse- - - - -it was a mule!
Yep, and he said the mule got the crazy idea they were laughing at him, so Eastwood wanted the boys to all apologize to it.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Seeing pics of Clint and Gene, I see imagine in my head instead of their younger days on Screen.

With Clint, I see him standing there in Dirty Harry, holding that 44 Mag, pointing it at a criminals head with that iconic Statement " Good Ahead! Make my Day!"

When you were really cool, then you don't get old, you just slowly fade away in Glory.

Both Clint and Gene, those are two guys that they broke the mold on.... those two guys will always be both YOUNG and GREAT in my head. You don't see any actors I can think of today, that have anywhere near the cool factor those two gentlemen brought to the stage.

Robert Duvall

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Im sure Clint is still chasing women......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

Robert Duvall

Duvall, although I like him, never did have the "X or IT Factor" that Clint had, I am not sure anyone else has had, like Clint.

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/14/24.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think this picture, is a shot for his movie "Juror Number 2"

This movie has not been released yet.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw Clint on a late night show about 20 years ago. He said people were asking him when he was going to make another Dirty Harry movie. He said what do they expect him to do, chase someone with a walker. I liked the way he accepted his age in movies.

Clint will be 04 next month. One day I realize the Clint was born in May of 1930, Sean Connery was born in August of 1930 and my Dad was born in Sept of 1930. I thought wow my Dad is the same age as Dirty Harry and James Bond.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am just happy he was born in Canada! Most people don't know that.

KB

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Clint Eastwood is an American icon

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I can only hope I'm in that shape if I live that long! Well done Mr. Eastwood!!

When one of my buddies complains about health or age I remind em, "The first hundred years are the hardest!" The second are gonna be restful...

I have to look in the mirror and remind myself how much I've changed since the 1970s too.

Last edited by colodog; 04/14/24. Reason: spelling

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Clint Eastwood is an American icon

Sure is tikkanut, was just funning you guys, was LMAO when I typed it. Clint is as American as Apple Pie and John Wayne!

You gents down south, have all the coolest people!

KB

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I saw that photo posted elsewhere earlier today with no caption. I thought it was Bruce Dern. He has really aged since the last photo I saw of him.

Clint has always been a favorite of mine. The Mule was one of his most recent movies. Not his best but most of it was filmed locally and it was pretty cool seeing local locations on the big screen.

I was interesting how they used locations for other things. Early in the movie is supposedly walking into a hotel lobby while a valet parks his truck. He is actually going in the front door of a local hospital. The next scene shows him coming through the door from the inside and walking down a hallway. That is actually our Civic Center.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Bullshit

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Wonder why he came down here? Ahh, I get it, like most sensible men he couldn't deal with the metrick system.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Mr Eastwood

Born in Commiefornia

When it was still California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (BALLISTIK, Akhutr, batch, BamaJoe, 8 invisible), 1,192 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,143
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.