Print Thread
Hop To
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I have Read of using a small pistol primer and plastic tubing for a cap and ball revolver

Might be a good non corrosive ,inexpensive cap
Anyone tried this.
Was it reliable?

I also read a little about a guy that said that you could use a 22 rimfire and pull the bullet out and pour the powder out and then cut the case in length and use with plastic hose. When I tried to follow the link to YouTube the video had been taken down.

Has anyone actually tried this using cap and ball revolver ?

If so did it give 100% reliability ?

Last edited by bcraig; 04/16/24.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rcussion-cap-shortage-issue#Post19267364

There’s also an outfit that sells kits and supplies for making caps from beer cans, but the link has escaped from my home page. Shouldn’t be hard to find.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rcussion-cap-shortage-issue#Post19267364

There’s also an outfit that sells kits and supplies for making caps from beer cans, but the link has escaped from my home page. Shouldn’t be hard to find.

Yes I have read a lot about various ways to make caps ,the 2 ways have a particular appeal because of the ease of getting either the 22 Rimfire or the Small Pistol Primers

I already have plenty of 22 long rifle and a couple of hundred of the Small Pistol Primers

And both are non corrosive

Thanks for the link

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Swifty
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
A quick Google search turned up #10, #11, and musket caps for sale all over the internet. Certainly not cheap, but what is anymore. If I had a revolver I shot a lot I would bite the bullet and buy 1000, put it out of my mind, and get on with my life and not screw around with halfassed solutions. (And not the ones offered on GunBroker, those guys are crazy.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
many of those sites that offer caps are scams. if they will only take paypal, zelle, or Nigerian currency they are a scam. if they offer stuff that the normal outlets don't have, they are scams.
seems in the last few years every cesspool in the world has spawned scammers. try posting a "wanted" ad. interesting bunch of linguists will reply.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker
many of those sites that offer caps are scams. if they will only take paypal, zelle, or Nigerian currency they are a scam. if they offer stuff that the normal outlets don't have, they are scams.
seems in the last few years every cesspool in the world has spawned scammers. try posting a "wanted" ad. interesting bunch of linguists will reply.

Ha! Try internet dating!

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Nah, the ones I referenced were Big Name Supply Houses like Graf's, Midway, Dixie, etc. I don't remember now exactly which ones. (I'm not inclined to do somebody else's homework again by conducting another Google search!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I make my own with the prime all compound and they're better than factory caps, except for the corrosive part, but black powder needs cleaned after shooting anyways. My 3d printed caps are also completely self clearing and don't cause any cap jams at all.

DIY Percussion Cap Cup Assembly Kit https://a.co/d/gfyxZLf

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I make my own with the prime all compound and they're better than factory caps, except for the corrosive part, but black powder needs cleaned after shooting anyways. My 3d printed caps are also completely self clearing and don't cause any cap jams at all.

DIY Percussion Cap Cup Assembly Kit https://a.co/d/gfyxZLf

Thanks for the link

Is there somewhere I can go to read about Shooters experiences using the product ?

Thanks

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,038
Posts18,481,979
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.