Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s becoming increasingly more common for idiots to latch onto a word, especially one that evokes emotion, and use it ad nauseum until it loses its meaning. Words like rape or terms like sexual assault no longer mean what it used to mean, genocide is another one that has been stripped of its original significance. The liberals are the biggest offenders of misuse and overuse of a word until it becomes meaningless but conservatives are starting to emulate them. It only serves to make them look stupid and easier to ignore. Equal rights has morphed into special rights. LGBTQ has morphed into a forced acceptance of pedophilia. Racism, Islamophobia, antisemitism, homophobia, black lives matter, etc has become nothing more than marketing quips without meaning.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s becoming increasingly more common for idiots to latch onto a word, especially one that evokes emotion, and use it ad nauseum until it loses its meaning. Words like rape or terms like sexual assault no longer mean what it used to mean, genocide is another one that has been stripped of its original significance. The liberals are the biggest offenders of misuse and overuse of a word until it becomes meaningless but conservatives are starting to emulate them. It only serves to make them look stupid and easier to ignore. Equal rights has morphed into special rights. LGBTQ has morphed into a forced acceptance of pedophilia. Racism, Islamophobia, antisemitism, homophobia, black lives matter, etc has become nothing more than marketing quips without meaning.

How about assault rifle?

So sick of the idiots using that phrase.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here's what Aretha Had to say about it:

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, she did know how to spell it.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Our political heroes lying under oath before Congress all the time
kinda makes it hard to respect them.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Courtesies are given.

Respect is earned.

Probably hard for many younger people to grasp.

^ Lost on a great many lately, isnt it?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Norwegians seem to believe they are simply owed it.

The way life should be.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Courtesies are given.

Respect is earned.
I told my father that respect was earned once when he jumped me about being disrespectful. He didn't take it well at all.

I lived within 200 yards of an uncle with 4 children in my age group. He was adamant about getting respect from the kids and brutally enforced it with a belt and stick until they got too big to whip. At that point he resorted to ridicule. He was extremely racist and overbearing. He got fear but I don't think there was respect. Two of my cousins ended up in psychiatric care as adults with him being the root cause.

That uncle died of a hypertension induced heart attack in 1969 at less than 60 years old. I believe worrying about the civil rights movement and integration killed him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Courtesies are given.

Respect is earned.

Probably hard for many younger people to grasp.

^ Lost on a great many lately, isnt it?

Young AND old.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
Courtesies are given.

Respect is earned.
I told my father that respect was earned once when he jumped me about being disrespectful. He didn't take it well at all.

I lived within 200 yards of an uncle with 4 children in my age group. He was adamant about getting respect from the kids and brutally enforced it with a belt and stick until they got too big to whip. At that point he resorted to ridicule. He was extremely racist and overbearing. He got fear but I don't think there was respect. Two of my cousins ended up in psychiatric care as adults with him being the root cause.

That uncle died of a hypertension induced heart attack in 1969 at less than 60 years old. I believe worrying about the civil rights movement and integration killed him.

of course if you grew up in the south....you were always preached to from adults of the old saying..
" spare the rod, spoil the child".... what a bunch of horse Scheiss!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Every time I hear the word "RACIST!" come out of a liberal's mouth, I want to take my "assault" hammer and put a few dents in their skull. They use it like its an "assault word" to get someone to go on the defensive about themselves, any time its convenient for them.

I don't fall for this ruse. My attitude is pretty darn simple. How I react to someone is pretty much going to mirror how they react to me. I show anyone respect, no matter who they are, until they give me a reason not to. Pretty simple logic. Don't be an Azz Whole in my direction, you won't find me being one in your direction. That's respect.

I hear the word RACIST, out of someone's mouth, directed toward anyone, not just myself, I'll have my dandruff up.
They are "verbally assaulting" someone else with that slander, because they think they have the right to do so with impunity.
Not on my planet. That's DISRESPECT.

as Woodrow McCall said in Lonesome Dove " its rude behavior and I WON'T tolerate it".

And that is exactly how I feel about it. When someone else throws the first shot, that clears me to be able to return the second shot... with a clear conscience. Why is it that liberals think every thing is a one way street? They think they can offend anyone, but every one else is beneath them and we are supposed to kiss their ass....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John, long ago - as a kid - I learned to never automatically expect respect or sensibility from anyone I met. So, it is a pleasant surprise if it happens. Some such surprises have revealed great people.

In those now rare occasions when some social tool stoops to saying "that's racist" in response to an observation or comment, I simply ask the following:

Using your particular race as a base example, will you please explain exactly why "that is racist"?

Still waiting for the first rational answer, and I'm old.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When I used to watch football about twenty years ago, I noticed certain things. Quarterbacks tended to be white. Tight ends tended to be white. Wide receivers tended to be black. Runing backs tended to be black. Kickers tended to be Hispanic. The nastiest guy on the field tended to be white.

One day a young family member came by to visit and the conversation turned to sports. I reiterated the above. He called me racist.

Hear is how racist I am. I used to varmint hunt with a friend who happened to be black. One time he didn't go with the group.

We stopped on the ay to get some breakfast. The waitress heard me talking Bible.
“Are you a pastor?” She asked with a little enthusiasm.
“No. We work in a furniture manufacturing plant in Grants Pass. This is James. He’s an engineer. That’s Bob who operates a panel saw. I’m a head builder and Dave (who happens to be a legal Mexican immigrant), here, runs the case good department. We were looking for a token Black when we got him but he was the best we could come up with,” I told her. Everyone except the waitress laughed uproariously. She was obviously unimpressed with my humor.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You have quite the imagination....I will give you that.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When anyone says I'm racist. I just look them in the eye and say, I got your racist hanging!! The word has no meaning any longer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 35 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.