"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This one ------------------------

24hourcampfire.com

no biases here laugh

Last edited by Valsdad; 04/19/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure any media outlet is unbiased these days.

Citizen Free Press

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with Morewood.

1440 isn't too bad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I look at over a dozen sources daily. You just have to filter through them.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I look at over a dozen sources daily. You just have to filter through them.
This online and not watch the tube for news or commentary

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The Wall Street Journal is about as close as it gets.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
News Nation has the best wartime and international reporters out there on the front lines.

If you do what you've always done, then you will get what you've always got.
Carpe Diem,
bgcatty
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Don't listen to me, I am biased against gender chalenged unpatriotic murderers of the unborn and their apologists, among others.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I watch news nation most days. seems less biased then the others. I also watch a little bit of CNBS. but that mostly for the financial side

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RUM7: Among others, I do NOT use, are: abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc, npr, cnn, nyt, wapo, ap, upi, mtpr and pbs!
Getting fair minded, unbiased, straightforward "news" these days is getting VERY hard.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have any cable or streaming packages & I don't watch network news. So often I'm just glancing at a synopsis of what's going on (skimming headlines) but often avoiding a lot of in-depth stories because of the unavoidable bias. Two sources I sometimes glance at are the news services www.apnews.com & www.reuters.com because they often have a "just the facts" style of reporting. On my iPad, I use the Flipboard app to subscribe to topics that interest me (ignoring the topics that aggravate me) and just flip through the various articles looking for blurbs that intrigue.

I surf using Chrome a lot. There's a Good News extension that allows you to store a list of words you don't want to see (Democrat, Republican, Khardashian, Kayne,...,whatever you hate reading about) and when you go to Google News, it will filter out every news article about those topics. That's kind of nice way to suppress garbage you're just tired of reading about.

Mainly I don't want anyone else telling me what to think or appealing to fear or anger. That's a real turn off. Just give me the basic information & I'll come to my own conclusions.

RUM7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
RUM7: Among others, I do NOT use, are: abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc, npr, cnn, nyt, wapo, ap, upi, mtpr and pbs!
Getting fair minded, unbiased, straightforward "news" these days is getting VERY hard.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
very hard. bordering impossible.
I'm so tired of hearing opinions shoveled off as "news".

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I recommend tea leaves, cloud shape interpretation, you dog does not like someone / some places.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You've got to follow ALL of them. It's pretty rare for anyone to say something that is an outright lie. They all selectively report what their viewers/readers want to hear. You're usually hearing truth, but if you want to know the whole story you've got to get your information from multiple sources. If you choose to only listen to sources you agree with you're a fool. Read my Sig line.

If you choose to get your information from a single source, you'll never know the truth.

I like to hit the Drudge Report and read news from multiple sources. I watch CNN, FOX, and all of the other TV news programs whenever possible. I still read some stuff on Twitter (X), but don't believe anything until I can confirm it from another source. More lies there and on FB than any other sources.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by bgcatty
News Nation has the best wartime and international reporters out there on the front lines.
https://www.understandingwar.org/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pick a far left position and put it on one side of a dartboard and a far right position and put it on the other side. Throw a dart somewhere between the two. It will be closer to reality than the other two and you wont waste much time on it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Liberty Daily, Off The Press, Rantingly, Revolver, Citizen Free Press, News Nation, Free Republic.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=JMR40 It's pretty rare for anyone to say something that is an outright lie. They all selectively report what their viewers/readers want to hear. You're usually hearing truth, but if you want to know the whole story you've [/quote]

I'm sorry, but you are a fu ck ing idiot. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Al Jazeera English and The Duran on rumble

You might laugh at Al Jazeera English, but they report more about what is going on in the world than any of our domestic news sources

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.