Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Since 2014, the UAW had attempted to get the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN to vote in the union. They failed .... TWICE ..... but they (the UAW!) are back again!
This time, they don't want to allow "secret ballots". In other words, the UAW will know exactly which way each worker voted. Great way to figure out which workers need to be convinced (intimidated?) to vote "FOR"!

This is a constant with unions, you can tell them "NO!", but just like a bad dream, they just keep coming back. They (unions) WILL NOT take No for an answer!!!!

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/17/1244279860/volkswagen-uaw-south-union-election-chattanooga-tennessee

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Screw them unions

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
Screw them unions

big 10-4.

LOL
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MartinStrummer: Many decades ago - early in my work career - I was "coerced" into joining three different unions (actually two unions and a "guild").
I would NOT join a "union" of any kind today if my life depended on it!
The horrors and horrible people American unions are responsible for, today, are incredible.
Unions, today, do way, way, way more harm to American society and Americans than ANY good they MIGHT do, on rare occasions.
Screw unions and especially screw union leadership - they are not worth the powder it would take to blow them all to hell!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
joe biden and the democrat party are both part of the UAW family. I’m glad to know that patriotic Americans don’t support them anymore.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I really hope they're not successful in getting their way and I really hope the workers hold the union off. It's a loose loose proposition for the workforce. The union will dumb down the workforce to the lowest common denominator.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainshot
I really hope they're not successful in getting their way and I really hope the workers hold the union off. It's a loose loose proposition for the workforce. The union will dumb down the workforce to the lowest common denominator.

Back when unions were getting established, unions would do anything to get their foot in the door. They would even get people to hire out for companies they wanted to target. They would get enough workers "inside" to pass a union vote. Then those people would go on to other "targets".
FDR also passed legislation so that companies could NOT refuse to allow unions to recruit members. ....and unions could return as often as they wished .... until union membership is established!

Unions are liberal organizations. That's why they push voting (D) to their members.

P.S. GM still hasn't repaid it's "bailout"!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Toyota Georgetown is the largest Toyota facility in the world outside of Japan. UAW has had a permanent office one mile from the front door since the plant opened in the mid-1980's. The UAW has been continuously trying to organize Toyota Georgetown from the beginning. And yes, they will use any dirty trick or deception they can to get their foot in the door. Just tell your VW folks to keep saying NO! UAW organizers are like cockroaches. They never go away. Just have to do your best to keep them under control while trying to ignore them...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Somebody really needs to inform these or for that matter any workforce the UAW tries to organize about just how ruthlessly deceitful the UAW and especially their back stabber hierarchy can be when it suits them...

The United Auto Workers: Sellouts vs. Rank and File Militancy

Striking Autoworkers Ask Their Union When Solidarity Begins

UAW to cut benefits to Kentucky workers in four-year strike

Accuride: UAW reaction at Ford Louisville Truck plant

UAW Decertifies Local 2036

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
MartinStrummer: Many decades ago - early in my work career - I was "coerced" into joining three different unions (actually two unions and a "guild").

Are you an AARP member?

Fear the crabcat.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They've driven many manufacturers out of this country.
My family back in Ohio love them a union job- next best thing to a guvment job.
Paychen i need a good painchen

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ask BuzzH. He’s a proud union leader

And he has a pot belly, low IQ , is an alcoholic and is lazy with zero work ethic . Funny how almost all proud union member possess these characteristics

Last edited by ribka; 04/19/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
unions are always communist supporters, left wing cash cows, and only incidentally 'help' the workers.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Unions had their place/purpose in early days but since then they have become political, they shouldn't be allowed to donate to any political party.

Last edited by duke61; 04/19/24.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Most Union critics suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yep, they are TRASH!!!!!!!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Eric308
Most Union critics suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

Should they aspire to be bigoted simpletons such as yourself?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Are you an AARP member?

No siree, Bob! I don't belong to any retirement group.
If I join one, it will be AMAC!

Association of Mature American Citizens

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike
They've driven many manufacturers out of this country.
My family back in Ohio love them a union job- next best thing to a guvment job.
Paychen i need a good painchen

Shareholders and boardrooms demanding maximum profits and growth didn't have anything to do with outsourcing eh?

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Toyota Georgetown is the largest Toyota facility in the world outside of Japan. UAW has had a permanent office one mile from the front door since the plant opened in the mid-1980's. The UAW has been continuously trying to organize Toyota Georgetown from the beginning. And yes, they will use any dirty trick or deception they can to get their foot in the door. Just tell your VW folks to keep saying NO! UAW organizers are like cockroaches. They never go away. Just have to do your best to keep them under control while trying to ignore them...

And I hear there are some employees that are actually for getting a Union. I'd like to know what the hell they're thinking. About the highest paying blue collar job in the state with a crazy good benefits package. Thinking Toy matches or exceeds the Louisville Ford plants package that is union.
With that said, WTH would could a union do for a Toyota worker bedsides take money out of their pocket. crazy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.